CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
bcolinc
Cockypantherfan
WeStillOwnUSC
Kyle76
18IsTheMan
GSC2013
Spurticus
Roosterboy
ccured
HeadCockFan
The Demise of the 3- (1873)
Pirate Depth Chart (1151)
East Carolina Predic (994)
who thinks we need a (960)
Why didn't Wes Green (899)
Did we ever go after (491)
You guys are horribl (393)
It's the offenses no (289)
Finally Cooled Off (275)
MLS almost ready for (202)
2014-15 Premier League se
The Demise of the 3-4
Carolina opens -15.5
Past SEC Champions who ha
Gamecock football Long Te
Mike Davis "doubtful
Tanner McEvoy should've s
Watching the Georgia game
Labor Day Weekend Eats
The best and cheapest aut

Old 11-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #1
highpockets12
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
highpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurs
Default Helmet Audio

Dont know if this is been discussed here before .What is your opinion on offensive & defensive captians having audio in thier helmets.
highpockets12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:11 PM   #2
Danmcc3
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 800
Danmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Helmet Audio

What do they get to listen to? As long as it's not dub step Maybe it's ok. Idk, that might be distracting and they need to stay focus. So I guess my vote is no.
Danmcc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:39 PM   #3
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danmcc3 View Post
What do they get to listen to? As long as it's not dub step Maybe it's ok. Idk, that might be distracting and they need to stay focus. So I guess my vote is no.
I bet it sounded really funny in your head. Am I right?
Old 11-07-2013, 08:49 PM   #4
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

We need more brains and less technology.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #5
Danmcc3
4-Star

Male

Danmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talonsDanmcc3 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
I bet it sounded really funny in your head. Am I right?
Yep, I'm a little hazy though... Been smoking pork and drinking beer for about 8 hours now.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:01 PM   #6
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Yep, I'm a little hazy though... Been smoking pork and drinking beer for about 8 hours now.
Don't worry, most of us have posts that were legendary until they were actually on the board.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:53 AM   #7
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

What kind of league would allow the captains to have audio feeds in their helmets?

Other than the NFL..

I'm down for it as long as the captains don't have to put the green dots on their helmets.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:57 AM   #8
Sir Cuss
Blue Chip

Female

Sir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot material

Quote:
Dude must have had a bad night. I thought your post was funny. Can't believe the negative posts some people decide to submit.

Sir Cuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:27 AM   #9
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

I think the game should advance with the times for the better. Also running the zone read would be a breeze if they could get the audible instantly and not have interference from the crowd to distract them.
CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:58 AM   #10
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Cuss View Post
Dude must have had a bad night. I thought your post was funny. Can't believe the negative posts some people decide to submit.
I thought it was pretty funny too.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:20 PM   #11
Jethro Beaver
Blue Chip

Male

Jethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPit

Audio to consist of "relax, don't do it!" by Frankie goes to hollywood to be played to DB's in order to avoid targeting rule penalty and suspension.
Jethro Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:26 PM   #12
bigduff32
Freshman All-American

Male

bigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his combbigduff32 is developing his comb

I think the easiest way to do it would be to just install a chip into their brain and send the signal directly to that. You don't have the interference of crowd noise messing with their reception of the signal, and its safer. If somebody hits you helmet to helmet you're not getting an earpiece shoved into your head. Right??
Old 11-08-2013, 05:05 PM   #13
Jethro Beaver
Blue Chip

Male

Jethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPitJethro Beaver rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigduff32 View Post
I think the easiest way to do it would be to just install a chip into their brain and send the signal directly to that. You don't have the interference of crowd noise messing with their reception of the signal, and its safer. If somebody hits you helmet to helmet you're not getting an earpiece shoved into your head. Right??
True. Good point.
Jethro Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:13 PM   #14
Schecter
Banned

Male

Schecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot materialSchecter is USC mascot material

They should just tape a walkie-talkie to the outside of the ear hole. Save a load of money.
Schecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:42 PM   #15
highpockets12
Recruit

Male

highpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurshighpockets12 has earned his spurs

I was looking for serious discusion, not a bunch of dumbass comments. Go back to your moms basement and play your kiddy videos. The NFL already uses this system but they only allow captains to have them. If you dont have some inteligent input move on, I think the power rangers are on, more your level.
highpockets12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:25 PM   #16
dffoxfanatic71
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1450
dffoxfanatic71 has earned his spursdffoxfanatic71 has earned his spursdffoxfanatic71 has earned his spursdffoxfanatic71 has earned his spursdffoxfanatic71 has earned his spursdffoxfanatic71 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by highpockets12 View Post
I was looking for serious discusion, not a bunch of dumbass comments. Go back to your moms basement and play your kiddy videos. The NFL already uses this system but they only allow captains to have them. If you dont have some inteligent input move on, I think the power rangers are on, more your level.
im personally enjoying all the bye week banter going around. its better than people going for each others throat arguing which of two highly talented qbs isnt secretly trying to destroy the team.

but seriously, no. i love the effect of crowd noise and sending the plays in from the sideline. thats how football is meant to be played.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:44 PM   #17
RudeCock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 250000
RudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot materialRudeCock is USC mascot material

Nah, crowd noise is a big advantage sometimes. I'd like it to stay that way.
Old 11-09-2013, 01:14 PM   #18
Jack Garnet
@SCBravesFan23

Male

CockyCash: 562
Jack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talonsJack Garnet has developed his gaff and talons

I agree with the above posts. I like the home field advantage of crowd noise and sending signals in from the sidelines. With that being said, I'm surprised that NCAA hadn't adopted the helmet audio rules from the NFL. I kind of feel like it's only a matter of time.

Jack Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:58 PM   #19
gamecockgal
Cave Johnson's Lemons!!!!

Female

gamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot material

Quote:

Pork.. is that the new euphemism for marijuana now?
Old 11-09-2013, 03:28 PM   #20
Danmcc3
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockgal View Post
Pork.. is that the new euphemism for marijuana now?
Lol. No, and to be honest it turned out amazing but next time I'll start it in the morning so I'm not sitting around waiting for it to finish so that I can go to bed :)