CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
ZenUSC
5lbYardcock
The Yancey
18IsTheMan
GH
conwaycock2
StormOfTalons
b381l
ecugrad
Carolina opens -15.5 (2693)
What changes can and (2270)
Gamecock football Lo (2011)
Shaw: Check Out This (1858)
Mike Davis "dou (1650)
Gamecocks claimed an (1372)
Tanner McEvoy should (1312)
Gamecocks D staff re (1032)
who thinks we need a (960)
The Demise of the 3- (797)
Why didn't Wes Green play
Do we have any shot again
Who else wants to see Con
What changes can and will
What's your take on our a
Recruiting Question
Carolina opens -15.5
Gamecocks D staff reveal
SOS Teleconference
Gamecocks in the Majors/M

Old 11-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #1
GH
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material
Default Tom Cruise Understands War

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1511177

Quote:
To Tom Cruise, being away from his daughter while shooting a big-budget action movie “feels like” serving in Afghanistan.

The “Top Gun” actor was responding to a lawyer’s question comparing the extended time away from Suri while filming a movie to a soldier’s tour in Afghanistan, according to legal papers obtained by the Daily News.

“That’s what it feels like,” Cruise responded during the deposition stemming from his $50 million lawsuit accusing Life & Style and In Touch magazines of defaming him in 2012 cover stories claiming he abandoned his daughter.

Maybe I misunderstand Tom Cruise response but I do not see how.
Old 11-09-2013, 11:27 AM   #2
GamecockMomSC
Sweet Carolina Girl

Female

CockyCash: 101194810
GamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tom Cruise Understands War

Yes, Tom making millions of dollars, relaxing on set in a posh trailer, and eating craft services is just like war.

He's an idiot.
GamecockMomSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:56 AM   #3
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material
Default Re: Tom Cruise Understands War

My grandfather served in WWII. My uncle served in Nam. My father was active military. I don't pretend to know what people have gone through that serve and to me, it's down right absurd and an affront to those that have...especially when those that make outrageous statements live under the protection of those that do.

An actor talking about the military. The military uses words like honor, code, loyalty...they use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. Actors use them as a punchline. The military should not waste their time explaining themselves to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom they provide, then questions the manner in which they provide it! I'd rather Tom just said thank you and went on his way. Otherwise, I believe that he should pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what Tom thinks he's entitled to!

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote