CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
rabid cock
bobbycock
Flameout12
The Yancey
Spurticus
CockyLifer
robgusc76
U-Dub Gamecock
Luke Skycocker
Big Spur
**USC vs. Coker GAME (2435)
Bruce!!! (1462)
2014 Subway Classic: (1273)
Cocky at the Duck Co (348)
aTm demolishes Kyle (305)
Ali Hospitalized Wit (229)
movers, furniture do (201)
Deer Hunting 2014 (189)
Streaming nfl games (177)
Happy Winter Solstic (135)
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL
aTm demolishes Kyle Field
**USC vs. Coker GAME Thre
Ali Hospitalized With Pne
So, why is next year goin
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
2015 Commitment - Quandes
Cocky at the Duck Command
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Former Gamecock rooting f

Old 11-10-2013, 03:31 AM   #1
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default Acock's SEC Wrap Up: Week 11

We had the week off! It's nice to sit on the sidelines and watch people beat the crap out of each other. WorldStar SEC! WorldStar!! Thought I'd get a jump on the week before I fly back to SC. Football's weird out here on the left coast, I gotta get home.

Game 1: #8 Missouri 48 Kentucky 17
I find it curious that everyone assumes Mizzou will lose to ATM and Ole Miss. Tennessee won the SEC East title, they just won it for Missouri.

Game 2: Ole Miss 34 Arkansas 24
Arkansas just dropped it's 7th straight game. They've taken more hits than Snoop Dog at a Colorado Frat party.

Game 3: #9 Auburn 55 Tennessee 23
This week's turn of making USC fans feel like crap for losing to Tennessee fell to Auburn. Mission accomplished Gus. Auburn looks to be for real, at least as far as for really the 2nd best team in the West.

Game 4: Georgia 45 App State 6
13 different Georgia players caught a pass. Which considering UGA usually holds its suspensions for games like these is pretty impressive.

Game 5: #15 Texas A&M 51 MSU 41
MSU rang up 556 yards of total offense against ATM and still couldn't beat them. Out gain them, score lots of points, still lose. Reminds me of arguing with my Mother.

Game 6: Vanderbilt 34 Florida 17
Vanderbilt only gained 183 yards of total offense. How do you give up 34 points to a team that only gained 183 yards of offense? By turning the ball over 4 times and having an offensive philosophy that doesn't involve scoring.

Game 7: #1 Alabama 38 #13 LSU 17
'Bama struggled a bit at the beginning of the season, but any kinks they have are well and truly ironed out. LSU hung in there with 'Bama for 2 quarters, but like anyone that tries to go toe to toe with Gatti, they went down late.

Week 7 Power Ranking
1. Alabama (9-0)
Next up @MSU: Looks like the only way to keep 'Bama from an undefeated season is Auburn. As good as the War Eagles have looked, they're still probably a donation or two away from competing with the Tide.

2. Missouri (9-1)
Next up off: Gets a week off before traveling to Ole Miss. I recommend resting up the liver.

3. Auburn (9-1)
Next up Georgia: I almost dropped them because Tennessee did move the ball on them, but hey UT beat us. We really need them to beat Georgia next week, so you can almost assuredly expect them to stumble against the Dawgs.

4. South Carolina (7-2)
Next up Florida: Florida's loss to Vandy might take a little of the shine off this matchup, but any time Spurrier goes against Florida I expect he'll be up for it.

5. Texas A&M (8-2)
Next up off: This team confounds me. Apparently you can win in the SEC with no defense

6. Ole Miss (6-3)
Next up Troy: Solid, middle of the pack team. Has a chance to go 5-3 in the SEC, which in the West is a hell of an accomplishment.

7. Georgia (6-3)
Next up @Auburn: There's healthy Georgia and hurt Gurley Georgia. Unfortunately for Auburn Gurley seems to be feeling fine.

8. LSU (7-3)
Next up off: Gets a week off to lick their wounds and find something to play for. They better find it fast as ATM awaits the week after.

9. Vandy (5-4)
Next up Kentucky: Don't look now, but Vandy can get to bowl eligible with a win over Kentucky. Down or not wins over UGA and Florida in the same year will make Franklin a real pain in the ass on the recruiting trail. Someone in the Big 10 hire him please.

10. Florida (4-5)
Next up @USC: That's all Muschamp needs. A week after losing to Vandy he could lose to SOS, like the symbolic kiss on the cheek from a Don. Time to look for a real estate agent...

11. MSU (4-5)
Next up 'Bama: Look at the bright side MSU, you didn't drop in my rankings.

12. Tennessee (4-6)
Next up off: Gets a week off to prepare for Vandy. The sad thing is, they need it.

13. Arkansas (3-7)
Next up off: This week Beliema complained to the press that SEC schools were located in hick towns with no good hotels. If I didn't know any better I'd swear he was working for Petrino.

14. Kentucky (2-7)
Next up @Vandy: Their audition for the ACC is going swimmingly.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:37 AM   #2
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Acock's SEC Wrap Up: Week 11

florida had a game like we did last year against them.
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:24 PM   #3
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Still think Vols will finish in your top 10 when it is all said and done, after W's over Vandy and Kentucky.

We've played 1-4 on your list...no one else in the conference can say that.
Ericvol2096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:38 PM   #4
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I'm ashamed that you beat us.

Right now you guys are not better than Vandy as a team, although I could see you winning it. Congrats on beating us, you guys certainly wanted it more, but it sticks in my craw that we crap the bed every year against a team we shouldn't.

This year was your year.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:57 PM   #5
Harry Tuttle
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000600
Harry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervous

Vandy UF resembled us vrs. UF last year.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #6
The O.G.
Banned

Male

The O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericvol2096 View Post
Still think Vols will finish in your top 10 when it is all said and done, after W's over Vandy and Kentucky.

We've played 1-4 on your list...no one else in the conference can say that.
He's alive!
The O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:52 PM   #7
The O.G.
Banned

Male

The O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
I'm ashamed that you beat us.

Right now you guys are not better than Vandy as a team, although I could see you winning it. Congrats on beating us, you guys certainly wanted it more, but it sticks in my craw that we crap the bed every year against a team we shouldn't.

This year was your year.
Lemme guess, next year is SC's years?
Old 11-11-2013, 07:52 PM   #8
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Ericvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot materialEricvol2096 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The O.G. View Post
He's alive!
Rough game Saturday, but I still believe in our team.

Looking forward to facing teams that aren't in the top 10.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
Old 11-11-2013, 07:53 PM   #9
Ericvol2096
1st Team All-SEC

Male

PS congrats, please beat the piss out of Bama.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
Old 11-11-2013, 08:07 PM   #10
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by The O.G. View Post
Lemme guess, next year is SC's years?
Maybe.

We've been legit for the past 4, we just need to get over the hump.

Maybe we could find a church out there that needs a donation or two, it worked for Auburn.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:24 PM   #11
The O.G.
Banned

Male

Hey, if it "helps" the Almighty convince a star to come to Auburn, I call it worth it.
Old 11-11-2013, 10:02 PM   #12
spareparts
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Despite Erik arriving to piss down our throat like every other thread, this is classic. I believe Jen Bielema was the force behind Bret's bitchfest. She's the one with Vegas call-girl tastes, can you imagine her in Tuscaloosa? Where the hell would she find fine dining? (That's no issue for him, of course)
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:17 PM   #13
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

Yeah, I'm guessing that she got spoiled by hitting up the Macaroni Grill in the Short North and shopping at the Gap Outlet in Easton in Columbus, Bret's got his hands full there.

Erik, I'm not sure the donations convinced the Almighty of anything, unless his name is Cecil.