CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
El Cid Ranger
GarnetSwarm1990
taylorssc
WeStillOwnUSC
USCNowAndForever
gamecockgal
SC Sandlapper
Gamecocks1137
Regalcock
Acockolypse Now
Interesting quotes f (2067)
Have you ever been s (1283)
Tennessee Offense Br (812)
Key for 2015 defense (769)
Women's Team Ranked (511)
This season and recr (441)
Skai Moore out for U (435)
Lebron makes Clevela (342)
SEC Coaches Dress Up (235)
For all the uniform (191)
Skai Moore out for UT
2016 - Jovan Kinlaw
Uniforms for Tenn
***2014 Carolina Panthers
Have you ever been so wro
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
We're going to the NCAA T
Season Tickets
Key for 2015 defense
Women's Team Ranked #2 In

Old 11-10-2013, 12:28 PM   #1
SuperCockMaster
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
SuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPitSuperCockMaster rules the CockPit
Default Hypothetically, if we make it to ATL and win, do we get to the title game?

Or will that cause Ohio and FSU to be in the title game provided they both win out? I want us to make it to Atlanta and beat Bama, but I'd have mixed emotions if our victory meant the SEC didn't win another title to keep the streak alive.
SuperCockMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:34 PM   #2
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material
Default Re: Hypothetically, if we make it to ATL and win, do we get to the title game?

Without several upsets, I don't see any way we could get to the national championship game. For this year, I think it's a pipe dream, even if we were to beat everyone by 60+, including the SEC championship game opponent.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:34 PM   #3
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
4-time heisman

Male

CockyCash: 450
STEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot materialSTEPHONGILMOREFAN! is USC mascot material
Default Re: Hypothetically, if we make it to ATL and win, do we get to the title game?

i couldnt give two shits if someone else in the SEC wins the title again. It aint us.. so none of us should give a damn. I wanna beat bama, no we wont go to the BCS title game, but we will be SEC champs.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:34 PM   #4
acejrock

Male

CockyCash: 28363636
acejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot materialacejrock is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to acejrock Send a message via Yahoo to acejrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCockMaster View Post
Or will that cause Ohio and FSU to be in the title game provided they both win out? I want us to make it to Atlanta and beat Bama, but I'd have mixed emotions if our victory meant the SEC didn't win another title to keep the streak alive.
Wait you are worried at all about the streak compared to us winning our first SEC ever?

"Hindsight is always 50/50."
-Cam Newton
acejrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:44 PM   #5
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 113508514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by acejrock View Post
Wait you are worried at all about the streak compared to us winning our first SEC ever?
I will only have elation. If the SEC streak gets snapped due to us winning the the title then so be it. No mixed emotions here.

From yesterday's results I don't think Mizzou is going to lose now. I had pretty high hopes until watching Ole Miss and ATM perform. Alas, it was just one game though.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:46 PM   #6
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
It's very unlikely, but if we win out and beat Alabama in the SEC CG and win a BCS Bowl I think we will definitely finish in the top 5, which would make me very happy.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:42 PM   #7
Spurrier_Superior_One
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 26397596
Spurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot materialSpurrier_Superior_One is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
i couldnt give two shits if someone else in the SEC wins the title again. It aint us.. so none of us should give a damn. I wanna beat bama, no we wont go to the BCS title game, but we will be SEC champs.
With the new playoff system coming do you understand how much more money the SEC has to split up? If we don't win the SEC championship and go the National Title game then yes we need another SEC team to win the National Title. Why do you think the SEC has such a lucrative television contract because the SEC wins championships, the more success other SEC schools have that means more money for us.
Spurrier_Superior_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:00 PM   #8
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

No.
Old 11-10-2013, 02:14 PM   #9
4|_3|<54/\/|)3R
CT's resident law student

Male

CockyCash: 500
4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material

Not without several upsets occurring over the next few weeks. 07 LSU is the only 2 loss team to ever play for the NC, and they needed a lot of help to get there. IIRC, WV was a shoe-in that year but lost very unexpectedly to Pitt near the end of the season. Can't remember who else got bumped, but there were definitely several upsets.

As a student at USC: Gamecocks record 40-25 (21-19)
GO COCKS!
4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:15 PM   #10
markp_vip
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 6001866
markp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot materialmarkp_vip is USC mascot material

Quote:
I think it gets us to the title game, but not this year. A win over Bama and an SEC title gets us one step closer to the ultimate objective and hopefully enough momentum to drive us into the top four next year and the first playoffs.
Recently the difference between Clemson and Carolina has become clear. While Irrational People Talk About Yesterday, The Rational Ones Orchestrate Success Today. So as they desperately cling to their history, we continue to make history day by day.
markp_vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:19 PM   #11
roosterdude21
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 11349
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by markp_vip View Post
I think it gets us to the title game, but not this year. A win over Bama and an SEC title gets us one step closer to the ultimate objective and hopefully enough momentum to drive us into the top four next year and the first playoffs.
Agreed, we need national appeal first
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:31 PM   #12
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Winning the SEC is harder than winning a MNC. We need the SEC championship.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:38 PM   #13
FlorenceCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1200000
FlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot materialFlorenceCock is USC mascot material

Anyone who is questioning themselves if it is more important for the SEC to win the BCS or USC to win the SEC really needs to reconsider their fanhood.
Old 11-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #14
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
Winning the SEC is harder than winning a MNC. We need the SEC championship.
It's hard, but no it's not as hard as winning a MNC.
Old 11-10-2013, 02:40 PM   #15
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Hypothetically I could win the lottery and wake up tomorrow with Kate Upton in my bed...but that ain't happening either.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:02 PM   #16
ReCOCKulous
Master Debater

Male

ReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot materialReCOCKulous is USC mascot material

Win anyway?

Are you ready for the revolution?
ReCOCKulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #17
DJ35
Blue Chip

Male

DJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPHONGILMOREFAN! View Post
This Absolutely! Why would you have any kind of mixed feelings about Carolina being the SEC champion. Seriously, some people on here need to chill with the SEC lovefest a bit. JMO
DJ35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:56 PM   #18
Steeler7588
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Steeler7588 is crowing loudlySteeler7588 is crowing loudlySteeler7588 is crowing loudlySteeler7588 is crowing loudlySteeler7588 is crowing loudlySteeler7588 is crowing loudlySteeler7588 is crowing loudlySteeler7588 is crowing loudlySteeler7588 is crowing loudlySteeler7588 is crowing loudlySteeler7588 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One View Post
With the new playoff system coming do you understand how much more money the SEC has to split up? If we don't win the SEC championship and go the National Title game then yes we need another SEC team to win the National Title. Why do you think the SEC has such a lucrative television contract because the SEC wins championships, the more success other SEC schools have that means more money for us.
So what? SEC teams make plenty of money from their TV deals because they win a lot and their fanbases are huge. One year out of the national championship game won't change any of that.

If you think any extra money we'd get from ANOTHER team winning the title outweighs the recruiting and profile boosts we'd PERSONALLY get from winning the SEC, you're out of your mind.

I like the SEC chant because it seems to bug Clemson fans a lot, but otherwise I don't care about how the rest of our conference does. They're our competition and most of the teams have a much better history than us, so it looks a little silly for Gamecock fans to champion the accomplishments of programs like Alabama, Florida, etc when we haven't reached that level. USC over errythang.

Steelers / Carolina Gamecocks / Penguins / Arsenal / Pitt Panthers / Bulls / Pirates
Steeler7588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 04:17 PM   #19
Latti
Uscooper

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Latti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceCock View Post
Anyone who is questioning themselves if it is more important for the SEC to win the BCS or USC to win the SEC really needs to reconsider their fanhood.
This.
Latti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 05:13 PM   #20
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

So the answer is simply "no."

You have Baylor, Ohio State, and then 1-loss Stanford and 1-loss Oregon...providing they each win out.

No way an undefeated team from any conference will get shunned over a 2 loss Gamecock squad.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote