CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
Gamecocks1137
Bed Sores
mpilot0705
Spurticus
TheUniversityofSC
Aggie96
johnnyb
ReadR00ster
Master Bedroom
The Field (2014)
Finbaum Jogs on USC (1882)
I hope Coach Spurrie (1513)
Spurrier winning at (1233)
Anyone watching pti (1116)
One of the great thi (1104)
GAME (1035)
Defensive Backfield (962)
SDS/Garcia: Entertai (834)
Death in the family (773)
**USC vs. Texas A&M G
Trying to Watch on Fios
"We Believe" st
"Air Ball!!"
Official SEC Network and
USC vs. Texas A&M Pre
Goodwill for Gamers
Sandstorm towels
Early dismissal for Richl
GUESS WHAT DAY IT IS ?

Old 11-10-2013, 05:46 PM   #1
Aikenitous
5* blue chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
Aikenitous has hatched from the shell
Default Andy Dalton NFL version of Connor Shaw

See alot of similarities when watching Andy Dalton, can't help but think thats what Connor would look like in the league
Old 11-10-2013, 05:48 PM   #2
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114408514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Andy Dalton NFL version of Connor Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikenitous View Post
See alot of similarities when watching Andy Dalton, can't help but think thats what Connor would look like in the league
I love Connor but he does have enough arm for the NFL imo.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:52 PM   #3
jellafever
BETTER THAN the rest

Male

CockyCash: 1035714
jellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot materialjellafever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
I love Connor but he doesn't have enough arm for the NFL imo.
Agree. Many on here thought Devan Downey would be playing in the NBA too.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:26 PM   #4
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114408514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellafever View Post
Agree. Many on here thought Devan Downey would be playing in the NBA too.
Agreed. Thanks for help there jella.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #5
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Shaw = Montana
spareparts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:34 PM   #6
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
Agreed. Thanks for help there jella.
Agree as well....but it will be interesting to see if he gets a shot and how it goes. Also wonder if he has any chance as a WR...
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:38 PM   #7
superstar90
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5000
superstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his comb

I don't think he will make it in the NFL but there are always a few who make it that you normally wouldn't think so. SOS says he can make all the throws, so that should mean he at least has the strength to do it. I wouldn't be shocked to see him become a backup QB in the league. He's tough, knows the game of football, and never gives up.
superstar90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:46 PM   #8
paynemd2
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 870
paynemd2 is sharpening his clawspaynemd2 is sharpening his clawspaynemd2 is sharpening his clawspaynemd2 is sharpening his claws

I've watched most of Cincy's games this year and I gotta say Dalton is pretty terrible. Someone said Shaw doesn't have the arm for the NFL, which I tend to agree with, but Dalton also does not have an NFL arm. He underthrows AJ Green about 5-6 times a game. Green could very well be the best WR in the NFL, but he's stuck with Dalton who has terrible accuracy and can't throw the long ball. It's pretty amazing Green leads the league right now in receiveing yards considering the circumstances.
paynemd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:50 PM   #9
SolidifieD
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 495
SolidifieD has feathers coming inSolidifieD has feathers coming inSolidifieD has feathers coming in
Send a message via AIM to SolidifieD Send a message via Yahoo to SolidifieD

Jeff Garcia maybe? Takes care of the football, can extend the play with his feet and quickness, and very tough. I honestly think Connor can be an NFL QB, he atleast deserves a shot. With the read-option becoming more prominent in the NFL Shaw's skill set can transfer no doubt.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:54 PM   #10
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidifieD View Post
Jeff Garcia maybe? Takes care of the football, can extend the play with his feet and quickness, and very tough. I honestly think Connor can be an NFL QB, he atleast deserves a shot. With the read-option becoming more prominent in the NFL Shaw's skill set can transfer no doubt.
Excellent comparison.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:12 PM   #11
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

Jeff Garcia because of the bald head?
TKE226 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:17 PM   #12
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidifieD View Post
And Connor is accurate...he extends a lot of drives simply by placing the ball where it needs to be. But he's going to need a team that can sit on him for a few years....most teams want the immediate impact guy.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:30 PM   #13
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

I don't really see where Connor can fit on any NFL team, honestly. Certainly not at QB...he doesn't have the best size, doesn't throw a lot every game to display complex passing skills desired in the NFL of a QB, and (contrary to what was said above in this thread) the read option is on the way out in the NFL- so his speed isn't as valuable.

Bottom line is I'd say Connor isn't within 20-30 QBs of the 2014 draft on any given GMs board. Knowing that there are only so many needs for QBs in the NFL, he would just be dead weight and holding onto him for a year or more to develop him is crazy when there will be more QBs in 2015, 2016, 2017, etc.

Unfortunately, he lacks in size for WR as well...although it is probably his best chance for the league. Might benefit him to have Dylan under center against the Coastal game and allow Shaw to show some skills (if any) at slot to improve his draft portfolio.

When it's all said and done, it's like that commercial you see a lot on Saturdays...Connor will go pro in something other than football and be successful.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #14
qock
Recruit

Male

qock has earned his spursqock has earned his spursqock has earned his spursqock has earned his spursqock has earned his spursqock has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
When it's all said and done, it's like that commercial you see a lot on Saturdays...Connor will go pro in something other than football and be successful.
He'll make a damn good coach in the future IMO.
qock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:37 PM   #15
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Just as I learned not to play a drinking game with Garcia, I've learned not to doubt Shaw.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:52 PM   #16
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Shaw reminds me of Ryan Tannehill.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:09 PM   #17
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

I doubt he gets drafted, but someone will pick him up. If tebow, locker and tanneyhill can be first rounders then shaw will receive an opportunity.
JDRAY^# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:19 PM   #18
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 925
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

I'd love to see Shaw get drafted, be a Backup for a few years to get groomed and then tear it up like Drew Brees.

Shaw = Brees
Old 11-12-2013, 03:25 PM   #19
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 View Post
I'd love to see Shaw get drafted, be a Backup for a few years to get groomed and then tear it up like Drew Brees.

Shaw = Brees

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:14 PM   #20
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
Just as I learned not to play a drinking game with Garcia, I've learned not to doubt Shaw.