CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
GoldenSpur7
StormOfTalons
JerseyBird
yazoo
IslandCock
Evilchicken2
donbgamecock
Acockolypse Now
The Yancey
OBC banner being add (2175)
The bane of our seas (1793)
Ward wants us to pla (1429)
Who scores the first (1362)
Davis Playing in A&a (1114)
Tanner McEvoy Starti (758)
SL,UT Gamecocks (748)
CFB Playoff Bracket (636)
All garnet for Thurs (545)
THE OFFICIAL ICEBUCK (467)
Davis Playing in A&M
First "Carolina Call
I'm not buying the hype,
SL,UT Gamecocks
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
2015 Chris Silva PF (6-9,
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
Howdy! - Tailgating quest
Ward wants us to play fas
OBC banner being added to

Old 11-11-2013, 10:18 AM   #1
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material
Default Nadal vs. Djokovic in London

Today at 3pm ET.

ATP World Tour Finals.

Nadal has wrapped up the #1 year end ranking, but Djokovic is the slight favorite.

Anyone else going to be watching this? It's in the London 02 arena with a capacity crowd of 17,500.

I'm going with Rafa in this one.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:13 AM   #2
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114408514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Nadal vs. Djokovic in London

Yes. Toss up but I think rafa is playing slightly better at the moment.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:40 PM   #3
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
Yes. Toss up but I think rafa is playing slightly better at the moment.
I think so, too.

Rafa seems to be making less unforced errors.

He's serving great with the first and second serve percentage in his favor.

What concerns me, because I'm thinking about banking on Rafa, is Jokers record this year in finals. He's lost his share. He's going to give it everything he's got to win this match.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:21 AM   #4
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Djoker dominated. Straight sets.

Rafa's service game was horrible and he committed a boat loads of unforced errors.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:21 PM   #5
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

If either one of them are on indoors it's gonna be over quickly. There is little wind resistance indoors and you can hit winners or forced errors very easily.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #6
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
If either one of them are on indoors it's gonna be over quickly. There is little wind resistance indoors and you can hit winners or forced errors very easily.
True, but Rafa looked so good throughout the week. I think i watched all but two of the matches last week and rafa was playing better than anyone. But, he is an outdoor player. Especially clay. I enjoyed seeing him come back from 3 games down to tie it at 3 all, but that was his last run.

Got to hand it to Djoker, he was hitting the ball good all night.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:28 PM   #7
The O.G.
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
The O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudly

That was a good match for Djoka. I'm envious of a girlfriend, she lives across the Thames from the O2 Arena, and went to the match.
The O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:35 PM   #8
Beano Cook
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Beano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his combBeano Cook is developing his comb

Djokovic won his last 20 matches ,including 2 final victories over Nadal.Its interesting to watch as these guys play leapfrog with #1.In 2013 Nadal was healthy and elevated his game,lets see what Djokovic does in response.Don't forget about Murray,especially at Wimbledon.I think Federer is history.He was a great champion,but his day is past.
Beano Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:28 PM   #9
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

If healthy, Rafa will most likely win Roland Garros again next year.

The Australian Open I'm going with Djoker.

Wimbledon= Andy or Djoker

Same with the US Open. Andy or Djoker.

I'd love to see Andy win next years ATP Final.
Old 11-13-2013, 08:35 PM   #10
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
If healthy, Rafa will most likely win Roland Garros again next year.

The Australian Open I'm going with Djoker.

Wimbledon= Andy or Djoker

Same with the US Open. Andy or Djoker.

I'd love to see Andy win next years ATP Final.

Aussie: Rafa...with the high bounces and brutal heat whomever is in the best shape has an edge there. Joker could easily be the smart pick here as well.

French is a no brainer. Rafa he is the best clay courter ever...#2 Thomas Muster

Wimbledon: Joker or Murray

US Open : Joker, Rafa, or Murray. Murray might be worn out by this point like last year (back issues),

I agree Fed's best tennis is behind him. I think his only real shot at another major is Wimbledon because he is the best volley-er of the four.