CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
aftertwobowls
SR4-AJ1
803scdantes
Cockypantherfan
PageUSC
roosterdude21
The Yancey
LegalCock
B-G
The Vent and Coachin (5577)
Disturbing comments (2520)
does anybody think w (2096)
2015 schedule is bru (1529)
UF lets Durkin go (1418)
2015 Early Enrollees (1168)
The U ends apparel d (555)
Bobo to Colorado St? (552)
Women's bb result - (383)
Keeping it all in pe (290)
The Vent and Coaching cha
**USC Women vs. Hampton G
2015 Signee - Marquavius
SOS...a day late & do
2015 Early Enrollees Thre
Bo Pelini headed to Young
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
2015 - Ulric Jones
Brad Lawing USC / Florida
2015 Commitment - Ernest

Old 11-11-2013, 11:30 AM   #1
Carolinafan@UTENN
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolinafan@UTENN has hatched from the shell
Default Ok. I think we should just talk about it.

I think this forum has produced a belief that Georgia will lose to Auburn. I also think there is a decent amount of belief that Missouri will lose to Texas A&M. With certainty we look to beat Florida on Saturday. Given those three things happen, we are headed to Atlanta to play Bama. Thoughts on our chances?

P.S. I know someone down the line on this thread is going to say that we just need to worry about this week. Yea. Yea. I know. Luckily, me (or us) worrying or not worrying about this week has absolutely no effect on the team. So instead, we should enjoy the internets and talk hypotheticals on how (if) we roll the tide.
Carolinafan@UTENN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:32 AM   #2
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 1000700
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material
Default Re: Ok. I think we should just talk about it.

I like our chances to beat UF

Lim Jahey! Pleased to meet you, bud!
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #3
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Lets say that happens... (We beat Florida, Aubie beats UGA, and Mizzou loses one of their last 2 SEC games)... I bet we are about a 10-11 point underdog in Atlanta.. possibly as much as a 14 point dog.

Can we win? Sure.. I think we match up better against that defense than most.. Do I think we will win? No
Old 11-11-2013, 11:36 AM   #4
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

CockyCash: 392030
MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

Bama was pretty impressive against LSU. I do believe we can beat them on the right day, but the Depth of Bama is impressive.

I think we beat Florida, seems as though the wheels have fallen off the bus for the Gators

Georgia vs Auburn should be a really good game, think it is 50/50. Go Auburn

ATM will beat Mizzou, I don't even have a question in my mind about that one.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:38 AM   #5
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 7700
2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly

That A&M D is just really bad
2four2Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:39 AM   #6
nellanaesp
4-Star

Male

nellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his combnellanaesp is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2four2Gamecock View Post
That A&M D is just really bad
Fortunately they have the Offense to keep them in most games.
nellanaesp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:54 AM   #7
rngd86
Banned

Male

rngd86 has earned his spursrngd86 has earned his spursrngd86 has earned his spursrngd86 has earned his spursrngd86 has earned his spursrngd86 has earned his spursrngd86 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinafan@UTENN View Post
I think this forum has produced a belief that Georgia will lose to Auburn. I also think there is a decent amount of belief that Missouri will lose to Texas A&M. With certainty we look to beat Florida on Saturday. Given those three things happen, we are headed to Atlanta to play Bama. Thoughts on our chances?

P.S. I know someone down the line on this thread is going to say that we just need to worry about this week. Yea. Yea. I know. Luckily, me (or us) worrying or not worrying about this week has absolutely no effect on the team. So instead, we should enjoy the internets and talk hypotheticals on how (if) we roll the tide.
I covered this in another thread, but using basic statistics and assuming each game as an independent event (Which isn't the case, but it helps simplifying), the odds of SC making it to the SECCG range from 18-30%.
rngd86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:55 AM   #8
rngd86
Banned

Male

rngd86 has earned his spursrngd86 has earned his spursrngd86 has earned his spursrngd86 has earned his spursrngd86 has earned his spursrngd86 has earned his spursrngd86 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeesterFriendly View Post
Bama was pretty impressive against LSU. I do believe we can beat them on the right day, but the Depth of Bama is impressive.

I think we beat Florida, seems as though the wheels have fallen off the bus for the Gators

Georgia vs Auburn should be a really good game, think it is 50/50. Go Auburn

ATM will beat Mizzou, I don't even have a question in my mind about that one.

TAMU impressed you at home vs MSU this past weekend? You do know that they are playing @ Mizzou against a better team right? TAMU's defense can't stop a cold and got lit up by MSU's below-average offense.
rngd86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #9
Carolina Pride
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talons

If all that happens........I don't know that I like our chances of stopping Bama's running game, UGa and others have in spurts been able to line up and pound it down our throats this year, the way Bama's line physically overpowered LSU when they knew exactly what was coming didn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling if we have to play them
Old 11-11-2013, 12:27 PM   #10
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 202732
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rngd86 View Post
I covered this in another thread, but using basic statistics and assuming each game as an independent event (Which isn't the case, but it helps simplifying), the odds of SC making it to the SECCG range from 18-30%.
So your saying there's a chance?

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:37 PM   #11
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly

Could Auburn beat Bama at home? The iron bowl can be crazy
SirBigSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:41 PM   #12
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

I can tell you one thing about us playing Bama:

If we played Alabama 10 times, Clemson would win 5.
Old 11-11-2013, 12:46 PM   #13
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

I don't know that aTm will be the team to beat Mizzu, but I don't see them beating aTm AND Ole Miss.

We'd come in at least 10 points underdog to Bama. Bama is playing at a very high level right now. Our Defense is improving week to week, and our Offense is getting healthy on the Oline, so it should start getting back on track.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:47 PM   #14
The O.G.
Banned

Male

The O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBigSpur View Post
Could Auburn beat Bama at home? The iron bowl can be crazy
And Auburn has a bye before the Iron Bowl. Its gonna be nuts.
The O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #15
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

For What if'ing only:

If everything fell in place and we did go to Atlanta, as it stands right now,
we'd lose by at least 20 points to Bama. AT LEAST.

Taking the Garnet Goggles off and looking at it from a realistic point of view,
Bama is getting stronger as the season progresses, and South Carolina is
an inconsistent team at best. We don't have ANYTING whatsoever from
a Special Teams perspective and our Defense (though playing better and
improving each week since the Arky game), is still no where near capable
of stopping Bama's ground attack. Our offense IF IT GETS BACK TO EARLY
SEASON FORM, might be able to sustain a couple or three scoring drives,
but we'd end up losing this game in the end. .... We don't have the
horses.

I would love to go to Atlanta and have at them though. You never know
when a miracle upset might happen, and it might just be that one would
happen on that night, but even if not, it would be better to be there with
an almost impossible shot, than not to be there at all
Old 11-11-2013, 12:55 PM   #16
cockinraleigh
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 78700
cockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot materialcockinraleigh is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurticus View Post
For What if'ing only:

If everything fell in place and we did go to Atlanta, as it stands right now,
we'd lose by at least 20 points to Bama. AT LEAST.

Taking the Garnet Goggles off and looking at it from a realistic point of view,
Bama is getting stronger as the season progresses, and South Carolina is
an inconsistent team at best. We don't have ANYTING whatsoever from
a Special Teams perspective and our Defense (though playing better and
improving each week since the Arky game), is still no where near capable
of stopping Bama's ground attack. Our offense IF IT GETS BACK TO EARLY
SEASON FORM, might be able to sustain a couple or three scoring drives,
but we'd end up losing this game in the end. .... We don't have the
horses.

I would love to go to Atlanta and have at them though. You never know
when a miracle upset might happen, and it might just be that one would
happen on that night, but even if not, it would be better to be there with
an almost impossible shot, than not to be there at all
We could hope for some turnovers or big critical plays to go our way. That's the only way we beat them. The only advantage I see we have on Bama is maybe D line and possibly the starting RB. They are better than us at every other position. I still want to have a shot at them though. Ya never know. Although unlikely, we could have our best game while they have their worst.
cockinraleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:00 PM   #17
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

CockyCash: 392030
MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rngd86 View Post
[/b]

TAMU impressed you at home vs MSU this past weekend? You do know that they are playing @ Mizzou against a better team right? TAMU's defense can't stop a cold and got lit up by MSU's below-average offense.
Different styles of Defense, Different styles of offense. ATM will not lose to Mizzou. Write it down, fold it up & stick it in your pocket.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #18
Harry Tuttle
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1000600
Harry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervous

The way Mizz gets after the QB and Johnny being away from home makes me think it highly unlikely tAM wins. However, he is JOHNNY FREAKING FOOTBALL.

As far as people thinking we don't have a chance against Bama, you are crazy. We have Steve Spurrier. Enough said.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:18 PM   #19
dieselcock
Blue Chip

Male

dieselcock has feathers coming indieselcock has feathers coming indieselcock has feathers coming in

I think it depends on who shows up for us...If we can put it all together for a game we have a chance..It seems our older guys on defense play very well in spurts..same as our offense...I do feel the younger players are beginning to pull it together,and if they can find that chemistry,they will be a force to deal with.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:26 PM   #20
qcgamecock
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

I think the stars are aligned right and it will fall into place but we will not be playing bama since the iron bowl will give auburn the title and us a chance to retract some revenge in Atlanta. GO COCKS!
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote