CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Coulwoodwarlord
LeeSC
SCohioBoy
taylorssc
lilhornet
cockybusiness2
gamecock88
beak2
WeStillOwnUSC
bigdog2003
Kentucky prediction (1326)
Mizzou's 30sec touch (1298)
Just Booked my Hotel (1120)
So What? (580)
Best position coach (493)
The New Idea That'll (360)
Travis Bell's Photos (340)
Serial Cat Killer Ca (257)
So What? (185)
Waldrop doubtful for (139)
4th & 1 Play
Kentucky prediction
Upstate Football Games Re
OSU Coach Takes Down Disr
Waldrop doubtful for Kent
400 pasing yards
Fall Practice
Best position coach or co
Optimism? Week 1-4 offens
RB Recruiting (2015 and 2

Old 11-13-2013, 12:22 PM   #1
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material
Default A possible Auburn-USC SEC Champ. rematch?

Let's look ahead to a possible SEC title match.

OF course we need to beat Florida...we lose Saturday and it is over.
And we all know we need a little help...some of it we can get Saturday if Auburn beats Georgia..effectively knocking UGA and forcing us to wait two weeks for the Missou-TAMU game (although Ole Miss could help us out).

Now, those events get us in if TAMU or Ole Miss beat Mizzou.

But for the last week of the season, an Auburn win over UGA, and a likely Bama win over Miss. State, sets up a defacto Western division championship game between Auburn and Alabama.

We make the title game, we are playing either 1-the NO.1 team in the country or 2) The team that embarassed us in the 2010 SEC title game.

So who would you guys rather face...Auburn...or Bama?
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:28 PM   #2
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material
Default Re: A possible Auburn-USC SEC Champ. rematch?

I wouldn't care at all.

I just want to see us get there and win.

I also wouldn't be at all surprised if Auburn won the west.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:40 PM   #3
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
I wouldn't care at all.

I just want to see us get there and win.

I also wouldn't be at all surprised if Auburn won the west.
Concur on all points. Good thread - I was just thinking about this.

Gaichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:10 PM   #4
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly

Match-up wise I think we have a better shot at Bama to be honest. Auburn and that gimmick offense with Marshall running the show could actually kill our young defense.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:24 PM   #5
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 317
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

I'd be stun-shocked if Auburn beats Bama...Auburn is a tough team but Bama is just on a different level.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:44 PM   #6
CockyInGA
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 290
CockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPitCockyInGA rules the CockPit

Bama.

Go big or go home.
CockyInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:47 PM   #7
smoovecock
The Gamecock Pimps Daddy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Homecoming King 
CockyCash: 200
smoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot materialsmoovecock is USC mascot material

AllBarn better have their heads in the game against Jawja....Jawja has gotten a lot of their players back over the open date .....Not to mention the line is only AllBarn -3...So somebody with the smart money knows something...
Old 11-13-2013, 02:54 PM   #8
superstar90
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5000
superstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his comb

In all honesty we would rather play Allbarn! Lets be real and understand that Bama is still a mini pro team, talent wise, and Allbarn is still rebuilding even if they do make it to Atl. Plus Allbarn doesn't really have a D that's good. Bama is above average in all 3 phases of the game.
UGA is going to give them a tough game this week. I'm hoping home field advantage will win it for those tigers.
Mizzou I think has a better chance of losing at Ole Miss. I don't think A&M can beat Mizzou at their place if the SEC East is on the line and even a possible chance at a National Title game if they beat Bama/Allbarn.
superstar90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:02 PM   #9
Cockyteg
Banned

Male

Cockyteg is learning to peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyInGA View Post
Bama.

Go big or go home.

agree so we can slay the giant

Cockyteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:06 PM   #10
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

WE WANT BAMA
Old 11-13-2013, 03:08 PM   #11
USCfootball
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 116336
USCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervousUSCfootball is making other chickens nervous

Auburn. Their defense is bad. Ball control with Mike Davis and a few play action deep balls and USC wins by 10.
USCfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:13 PM   #12
Carolina4eva
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervousCarolina4eva is making other chickens nervous

I don't see UGA losing....not with gurley.

Army National Guard
Carolina4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:16 PM   #13
MWard
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 94340
MWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot materialMWard is USC mascot material

auburn will not beat bama.

In the absolutely unrealistic world in which aub did beat bama, the chances of USC beating aub in the SECCG are better than USC beating bama.

-Abo Swinney, April 23, 2014

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...steve-spurrier
MWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:20 PM   #14
Unknit
4-Star

Male

Unknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talonsUnknit has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWard View Post
auburn will not beat bama.

In the absolutely unrealistic world in which aub did beat bama, the chances of USC beating aub in the SECCG are better than USC beating bama.
I believe that too especially when looking at the game on paper. However, Auburn will be at home and will be a huge underdog. For these reasons alone, I give them a solid chance of pulling this off as long as the stars align on that night.

I totally agree with you without question if they play at a neutral field or at Bama.
Old 11-13-2013, 03:21 PM   #15
The O.G.
Banned

Male

The O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudly

I'd be ecstatic to make it to the SECCG. We'd win it if we did make it.
The O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 05:49 PM   #16
superstar90
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 5000
superstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his combsuperstar90 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by The O.G. View Post
I'm not to sure about! For starters, I'd say it's only a 20% chance of beating Bama to start with. And I don't think y'all can beat Mizzou or SC being a one dimensional team. I don't think you would stop either East team on offense, and then the question becomes, can you out score either team with that running only team.
superstar90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:06 PM   #17
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

I don't think Bama loses this year, anywhere.
gamecock88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:29 PM   #18
GamecockRocker
Cynical Optimist

Male

GamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot materialGamecockRocker is USC mascot material

Not sure why you guys don't think Aub wil beat Ga. Even if Gurley is fully back he's only part of their O and Ga's D is bad.

I won't go so far as to guarantee it but Aub iikely wins.

As to who we want in the SECC game. Well obviously Aub is more one dimensional and beatable but I doubt that matters since that fact is why we will almost certainly face Bama if we make it.

We have a good chance of being SECE champs, we have only a slim chance at being SEC Champs.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:55 PM   #19
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The O.G. View Post
Let me guess, you say this because history controls present day games?

"SC hasn't beaten Auburn in a gazillion years so if Auburn faces SC in Atlanta, they will automatically win"

Yes, we've heard that one before. Maybe not word for word but similar in a round about way.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:58 PM   #20
airborne09
Blue Chip

Male

airborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervousairborne09 is making other chickens nervous

First i think UGA wins simply becomes Auburn is one dimensonial. Marshall throws the ball less than Connor did last year, but i would rather play Bama. Me personnally i want the best in the conference and i don't think Auburn is that.
airborne09 is online now   Reply With Quote