CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
El Cid Ranger
WeStillOwnUSC
GarnetSwarm1990
taylorssc
thekob
USCNowAndForever
COCKYTALKIN
gamecockgal
MountainCock
Gamecocks1137
Interesting quotes f (2339)
Have you ever been s (1407)
Key for 2015 defense (886)
Tennessee Offense Br (883)
Skai Moore out for U (669)
Women's Team Ranked (571)
This season and recr (478)
Lebron makes Clevela (425)
SEC Coaches Dress Up (283)
Troubles in Tigertow (214)
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
Tevin Mack SG 6-5, 200 (2
Tennessee Offense Breakdo
Chances we win out now?
Skai Moore out for UT
Anyone have a recipe I ca
Lebron makes Cleveland re
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Interesting quotes from D
2016 - Jovan Kinlaw

Old 11-14-2013, 05:41 PM   #1
Randy Elliott
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Randy Elliott has hatched from the shell
Default Start of the game.

This is my first time posting on cockyTalk but I had to ask because it makes me mad when Gamecock fans wait until the last second to get to their seats. I come in early enough to see the team come on the field and get set for kick off. But you have to get up or look around people to see the start of the game. Just want to know if any body else is haven't any problems.
Randy Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #2
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material
Default Re: Start of the game.

It does bother me a little that people wait so long to miss the best entrance in all of football...but I'm there, and I'm seeing it, so it is their loss if you ask me.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:51 PM   #3
Gamecock1983
I kill threads.

Male

CockyCash: 10204
Gamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPit

Your post is a tad confusing to me. Are you concerned about fans coming into the stadium too late, or the fact that you have to stand up and look around people to see the beginning of the game?

If you're trying to sit down to watch the opening kickoff, you're doing it wrong.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

Gotta get that last taste.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:12 PM   #5
Garnet/Black Fan
Run Like 21

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Garnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his combGarnet/Black Fan is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
Hahahaha..Especially since you might not have one for 3 hours
Garnet/Black Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:40 PM   #6
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Quality first post.

Welcome.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:45 PM   #7
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyboy View Post
This is the truth.
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:46 PM   #8
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet/Black Fan View Post
Hahahaha..Especially since you might not have one for 3 hours
Depends how big the pockets are.

Old 11-14-2013, 07:58 PM   #9
12+4=6
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 850
12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit12+4=6 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to 12+4=6

I'm in early too but it's really a simple solution. Sell beer.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:35 PM   #10
roosterdave
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1106
roosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talonsroosterdave has developed his gaff and talons

I don't know, I'm glad just to see people show up...
Old 11-14-2013, 11:33 PM   #11
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly

I challenge you to see the stadium at the beginning of pre game (when the band starts playing) to 2001. It's night and day. Also night games fill up the stadium faster than day games.

UGA puts us to shame with people showing up early. Their entire student section was there 1+ hours early and they have a fancy bridge with stuff going on by their endzone
SirBigSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:46 PM   #12
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

Selling Beer would be great!!!

Old 11-14-2013, 11:51 PM   #13
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

Would also make the school so much $$$

Old 11-15-2013, 12:35 AM   #14
TheUSCMike
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 4250
TheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post
Would also make the school so much $$$
Yeah, but some lawyer's kid would get a beer spilled on him and sue the school.
TheUSCMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:28 AM   #15
bcolinc
Blue Chip

Male

bcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudly

I took leave to go to the Carolina/Clemmy game in 2011 and I only sat down at halftime lol
Old 11-15-2013, 05:12 AM   #16
uscandy
4-Star

Male

uscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his clawsuscandy is sharpening his claws

It's always been an issue as far as I can remember. They come late and leave early. We have about as fickle a fanbase as they come.
uscandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:31 AM   #17
Randy Elliott
Walk On

Male

Randy Elliott has hatched from the shell

We all say on these post that we want the team to
Stay focus and give 100 percent for the game. Why can't we as a fan base come to the game on time and cheer ourGamecocks on to victory. I hate for other teams fans to hear our players say they start playing bad or lose focus when our fans start leavening early. I think some people think the games are social events for them to be seen not to see our Gamecocks play a good game and come a way with a solid victory.
Randy Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:03 AM   #18
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Elliott View Post
We all say on these post that we want the team to
Stay focus and give 100 percent for the game. Why can't we as a fan base come to the game on time and cheer ourGamecocks on to victory. I hate for other teams fans to hear our players say they start playing bad or lose focus when our fans start leavening early. I think some people think the games are social events for them to be seen not to see our Gamecocks play a good game and come a way with a solid victory.
Is this really your 1st post ... ... If it is, there is sort of an inside joke on why "stay focus" just made me fall out of my chair.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:04 AM   #19
lakemurraycock
Blue Chip

CockyCash: 357
lakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudly

The first game of the season the ticket scanners were very backed up and kept me from seeing kickoff even though I thought I allotted enough time to get in my seats at 20 minutes before kick. Other rare occasions I have missed 2001 were when I was buying tickets before the game. I hate buying from scalpers and prefer to buy from fans as they are going in which can cut it close. I have also attended games with less mobile people that can take a significant time to make it to the upper deck. So I try to be tolerant of our fans.
lakemurraycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:39 AM   #20
CockyATO
Flipping Recruits

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
CockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by AikenRooster View Post
Is this really your 1st post ... ... If it is, there is sort of an inside joke on why "stay focus" just made me fall out of my chair.
1st post but he's been a member since Aug 2012, definitely an avid lurker. He is fluent in CockyTalking

Another N00k production
CockyATO is online now   Reply With Quote