CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
U-Dub Gamecock
taylorssc
Outland
Latt7more
b381l
WeStillOwnUSC
Grit_And_Steel
gadeneer1986
ReadR00ster
Does South Carolina (1640)
Lorenzo Nunez (1122)
Incoming Class (915)
Rest of the season p (892)
Let us clarify some (736)
Tennessee kickoff an (653)
Tennessee Game Time (646)
Bruce Ellington's Fi (626)
Just thought of some (538)
Is Clowney back toni (509)
2014 Garnet and Black Wor
Peyton Manning breaks Bre
Why is everyone anticipat
Miss St. defense
To ANYONE complaining abo
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Let us clarify some thing
How do you want Auburn to
Bruce Ellington's First T
Official NHL 2014-2015 Se

Old 11-14-2013, 08:45 PM   #1
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material
Default Under the radar player matchup this weekend

Shaq Roland vs Vernon Hargreaves.

Going to be fun watching these guys go at it all night.

Side note, it appears like our starting receivers will be Roland (X), Ellington (Z), and Byrd (B) so I'm pretty sure that Roland will be defended by Hargreaves most of the night.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:13 PM   #2
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Under the radar player matchup this weekend

That is intriguing. I knew little about their db's other than they are leading the best defense in the league. It would be so satisfying to see Shaq make big plays against a great player.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:52 PM   #3
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Hargraves is a future 1st rounder. Shaq has his work cut out for him.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:35 PM   #4
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

Mr. SC vs. MR Overrated will be fun to watch haha.
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:04 AM   #5
JDStud6
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 475
JDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockyLifer View Post
Mr. SC vs. MR Overrated will be fun to watch haha.
Kind of ironic as I haven't seen Shaq do that much. He's caught 16 passes in almost 2 years and you're saying the other guy is overrated? Ok

JD
JDStud6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:10 AM   #6
gamecockphan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDStud6 View Post
Kind of ironic as I haven't seen Shaq do that much. He's caught 16 passes in almost 2 years and you're saying the other guy is overrated? Ok

JD
I gotta agree with you here. Q Davis at UNC has been more productive than any of the 3 WRs taken in that class.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:10 AM   #7
dumpyloser
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 994
dumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:

JD
Before this guy gets flamed I want to +1 his sentiments
Old 11-15-2013, 11:32 AM   #8
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:

JD
You've got to understand the average IQ of SEC fanbases. Many of these comments are not worth a response.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #9
StretfordEnd
TURNT UP IN SECTION 18

Male

StretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
I gotta agree with you here. Q Davis at UNC has been more productive than any of the 3 WRs taken in that class.
I like the receivers we have, but I sure wouldn't mind have Quinshad Davis.
StretfordEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:50 AM   #10
92Pony
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 588
92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb

Quote:

JD

That was my first thought as well.......
92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:55 AM   #11
JDStud6
Starter

Male

JDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudly

I'm not saying Shaq isn't good. But to say VH is overrated when he's a true freshman playing on one of the best defenses in the country is....duhhhhh.

I'd be happy to have Quinshad Davis, Marquez North, or Mike Williams.

JD
Old 11-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #12
justalilcocky
4-Star

Male

justalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his comb
Send a message via AIM to justalilcocky

If Roland and Hargreaves are truly matched up one on one most of the game then Connor is going to need to look elsewhere I'm afraid. I hope Shaq can make me eat that statement, but VHIII is a stud. Roberson and Purifoy are too. Receivers will have to step up big.
justalilcocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:05 PM   #13
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Roberson is marked questionable for the game. That is why I'm highlighting this because I would think that Hargreaves will get the assignment. They'll need Purifoy to tag Byrd bc of the speed.

As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round. - Ben Hogan
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:09 PM   #14
justalilcocky
4-Star

Male

justalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his combjustalilcocky is developing his comb
Send a message via AIM to justalilcocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
Roberson is marked questionable for the game. That is why I'm highlighting this because I would think that Hargreaves will get the assignment. They'll need Purifoy to tag Byrd bc of the speed.
Oh ok...good call. Thanks!
justalilcocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:44 PM   #15
gamecockphan
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Crossing routes and using the TEs will help to beat the man coverage.
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:59 PM   #16
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 10260
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

Shaq hasn't done much imho..Byrd is the greater deep threat and Bruce is the shiftier make a play guy...

idk, Shaq has just looked lost most of the time here
Old 11-15-2013, 01:05 PM   #17
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 436
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
Crossing routes and using the TEs will help to beat the man coverage.
Also handing the ball to MD28
Old 11-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #18
JDStud6
Starter

Male

Did anyone see the play where FL was in man and Gurley snuck out for a short pass and it went for like 75 and a TD? We need some of that. Sneak MD28 out and let him do work.

JD
Old 11-15-2013, 01:23 PM   #19
scfanohio
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
scfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talonsscfanohio has developed his gaff and talons

Wheel routes, TE's crossing, and QB draws against the UF man to man this week.

And hopefully 25 carries for MD.
scfanohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:30 PM   #20
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biocockanics View Post
Shaq hasn't done much imho..Byrd is the greater deep threat and Bruce is the shiftier make a play guy...

idk, Shaq has just looked lost most of the time here
He hasn't been on the field that much if you look at the entire season. I think he's done pretty well with his opportunities. He just scored 2 TD's last game.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote