CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
ertman420
3MTA3
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
rosstheboss
Ericvol2096
RGHoskins
spareparts
usc90grad
ESPN article on Clow (1105)
Clemson Georgia Game (857)
Mangus now coaching (839)
Can Tennessee get to (617)
Chick Redefines the (377)
2 Crazy things (322)
The Bama series (307)
Spread vs. aTm (294)
Worse Hire Brad Scot (242)
Truly Inspiring (238)
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
2015 - Davon Durant
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Worse Hire Brad Scott or
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
ESPN Article on HBC on on
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
2 Crazy things
ESPN article on Clowney -
SEC Network "Take It

Old 11-15-2013, 12:50 PM   #1
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material
Default Greatest combo of tailgate and game

This thread is about your greatest days out as a Gamecock fan.

These must include a day when both the game and tailgate reached epic levels. Tell a story worth telling. (Don't tell us about the time we beat Bama in 2010 when you and your dad shared a Bojangles biscuit before kickoff, and you drove back home to Lancaster after a big win.)

For me it was the 2005 Florida game. It was a nooner on JP Sports. So, the tailgate came after the game. I think the combination of the surprise victory, the first time beating Florida, and the element of SOS vs the gators made for an epic game and win.

The tailgate was amazing too. We were in the fairgrounds and the cops had to come and tell us to leave b/c they were shutting the gates. The tailgate spilled over to 5 Points. Hell, I think I scored that night.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #2
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material
Default Re: Greatest combo of tailgate and game

My first Clemson game as a student in 2009. The was a nooner and we were out tailgating before 8. We obviously won and our tailgate went crazy afterwards. We weren't in a lot so no one kicked us out. We were literally dancing in the back of my friends truck, blaring music until about 9pm. Then we of course went downtown after.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 03:07 PM   #3
B-G
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
B-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudly

The time we beat bama in 2010.

Me and my dad shared a 6 pack of Natty Light, a tailgate box from Bojangles then we drove back to Chapin after the game
Old 11-15-2013, 03:09 PM   #4
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
(Don't tell us about the time we beat Bama in 2010 when you and your dad shared a Bojangles biscuit before kickoff, and you drove back home to Lancaster after a big win.)
lol.
Old 11-15-2013, 03:32 PM   #5
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

2010 Alabama at the fraternity lot was definitely the best game/tailgate combo I've been apart of. After the victory we had Big Gigantic and Three 6 Mafia. It was nothing short of awesome. Big Gigantic wasn't really well known yet and played an incredible set. Dominic Lalli's saxophone skills blew everyone away. It went on until well after midnight. Amazing day. Three 6 (it was just Juicy and DJ Paul) were really intoxicated and pretty much rapped a little and all but pleaded for the students to find them cocaine on stage and girls to come to their RV... but you get what you pay for I guess. It was still awesome though.
Old 11-15-2013, 03:34 PM   #6
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
My first Clemson game as a student in 2009. The was a nooner and we were out tailgating before 8. We obviously won and our tailgate went crazy afterwards. We weren't in a lot so no one kicked us out. We were literally dancing in the back of my friends truck, blaring music until about 9pm. Then we of course went downtown after.
This was absolutely awesome as well.. Don't remember much of it as there was definitely moonshine (real moonshine) involved.
Old 11-15-2013, 03:38 PM   #7
JohnnyR2211
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
JohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudly

OK straying away from the 2010 Alabama game:

The 2012 UGA-USC game. Well anyway my brother and I went down (both alums) and it was my 2nd game as an alum and not a student. We started out early in the day to get to Cola from Greenville and we had college gameday on while we were driving down on the ipad. Needless to say, the ENTIRE city was on fire that day from sun up to sun down. After we get there we proceed to tailgate with more alums from his class and just eat drink and be merry. After the gates open, we get situated, and see the girl have her dad come out and surprise her before the game. Well that was epic! So after that we go out and play the most dominant half of football I've ever seen USC play and when Ace Sanders took that punt back, the roof blew off of the place and it was absolutely a sight to see! After that we went back and it was just the perfect day for sibling bonding, considering that I don't get to see him all that often.
JohnnyR2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:04 PM   #8
CockyATO
Flipping Recruits

Male

CockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his combCockyATO is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterClowney View Post
2010 Alabama at the fraternity lot was definitely the best game/tailgate combo I've been apart of. After the victory we had Big Gigantic and Three 6 Mafia. It was nothing short of awesome. Big Gigantic wasn't really well known yet and played an incredible set. Dominic Lalli's saxophone skills blew everyone away. It went on until well after midnight. Amazing day. Three 6 (it was just Juicy and DJ Paul) were really intoxicated and pretty much rapped a little and all but pleaded for the students to find them cocaine on stage and girls to come to their RV... but you get what you pay for I guess. It was still awesome though.
Ha, this recollection of triple six is 100% accurate. Bums

Another N00k production
CockyATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:15 PM   #9
CoverTwo
CockyTalk's Recruitnik

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Football Poster of 2009 
CockyCash: 101200
CoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot materialCoverTwo is USC mascot material

Me, CockKoolAid, JGCarolina, and a few more people tailgated at the Cockabooses during the Wofford game back in like 2008 or something. That was a drunken extravaganza.

Drink Cocktane!

For the latest in USC coverage, check out:

TheBigSpur
GamecockCentral
GamecockAnthem
CoverTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 04:16 PM   #10
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterClowney View Post
This was absolutely awesome as well.. Don't remember much of it as there was definitely moonshine (real moonshine) involved.
We also made a batch of PJ....I distinctly remember it being green. And disgusting but it got the job done. I also remember us thinking it would be ok to store it in those styrofoam coolers so everyone got little white specks in their cups.

And yes, I remember Three 6 after the Bama game. hahahah, too much.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:15 AM   #11
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Well...there was this time I drove to anapolis...

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:34 AM   #12
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Most memorable would be at home vs UGA in 2010. ML's breakout game. This was the first game I took my son to. He was 8 at the time. We tailgated in the FG a little before and after the game. When the team ran out, 2001, Cocky - his eyes lit up. He was speachless for most of the 1st qtr. After the game, the guys beside us heckled the uga fans leaving early by barking like a wounded dog (you know the sound) and telling them to not tell anyone about #21, saying "he's a secret". My son still talks about that game. FWIW - He's been to 7 home games now and never watched the Gamecocks lose in person! Can't remember but I think we ate wings that we picked up at WG's on the way.
gamecock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:53 AM   #13
gocockswyn
Two Deep

Female

gocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudlygocockswyn is crowing loudly

2010 Alabama game!! After game at Carolina Walk it was crazy with a band and watching everyone below go wild.
gocockswyn is offline   Reply With Quote