CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
WeStillOwnUSC
75CarolinaFan
TAFC 5 1981
SwampFox
sanford
Master Bedroom
CockyCody
RGHoskins
Gamecocks1137
Spurrier: Davis May (6792)
Devonte Holloman Ret (2234)
First "Carolina (1831)
an apology (1229)
Article on Shaw & (938)
JD & DJ Getting (932)
Aggie looking forwar (897)
Cockaboose Owners (890)
I have not bought in (676)
I'm thinking we're g (656)
Connor Shaw Browns
First "Carolina Call
Your SEC Standings Predic
and the #1 2014 acc must
I have not bought into ou
New Sign at Williams Bric
Devonte Holloman Retiring
2015 - Eurndraus Bryant
SEC East QB's Ranked
Spurrier: Davis May Not B

Old 11-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #1
Wardkd2012
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 393
Wardkd2012 has hatched from the shell
Default Robert Smith ESPN

That dude has Florida upsetting us tomorrow. Are you KIDDING ME?? Yeah because Connor Shaw's first home loss of his career is going to come at the hands of the worst Gators team in 30 years! Give me a break. I'm pretty sure Florida is playing their 3rd string QB. I think we cruise tomorrow night.
Wardkd2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:08 PM   #2
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material
Default Re: Robert Smith ESPN

Who ever Robert Smith is, he just lost all credibility.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:10 PM   #3
Wardkd2012
Recruit

Male

What's even worse is he had no reasoning behind his pick except "Florida will rise up around all the negativity surrounding the program." Gave no logical reasoning as to why their football team will beat our football team.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:13 PM   #4
theoSCARfan89
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
theoSCARfan89 has hatched from the shell

I think he also picked UCF, VANDY and Mizzou to beat us as well
theoSCARfan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:13 PM   #5
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

behindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot materialbehindenemylines is USC mascot material

Robert Smith is Mark May's ESPN love child

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:21 PM   #6
Cockypantherfan
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha View Post
IIRC he is an ex Minnesota Viking's RB. He does seem to spew crap like this though.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:22 PM   #7
Wardkd2012
Recruit

Male

I can cut him some slack with UCF and Missouri, but not Vandy and Florida!!
Old 11-15-2013, 02:23 PM   #8
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

Okay DON'T jump me...because while I am VERY confident that we will win tomorrow night - it is NOT without some realm of possibility that Florida could beat us.

Let's play devil's advocate for a second.

We were outgained, out first downed and every major stat against Mississippi State and we won BECAUSE we got a bunch of turnovers.

That is part of the game...and we created those turnovers, but without those WHO KNOWS how that game may have turned out?

SECOND, there IS the ingredient that Brad Lawing is coming in with a REALLY REALLY good defensive line and he knows our system like the back of his hand. There's no GREAT advantage there...because with scouting film, we know their's as well...but their IS some ingredient of advantage there.

THIRD, Florida DOES HAVE MAJOR NFL talent on their team as well as high (starred) recruits in recent years. Yes they are beat up as hell, but they are not coming to Columbia without talent and lots of it.

FOURTH, Florida is still in contention for a bowl game and they are not forfeiting to us from what I understand. They are not coming into town expecting to lose. They ARE expecting to win.

IF we don't play very well, YES we could lose this game. THAT IS a reality.

Although I think we win...we have NOT beat up on anyone other than Arkansas this season and everybody has played us pretty close. I've learned my lesson with this bunch and I am certainly predicting a win bu our Gamecocks...but I would not be surprised with the ingredients above AND the fact that we have not dominated anybody...if we were to lose.

Hope to hell it won't happen...but...

Also hasn't SOMEONE called for an upset alert against in every game so far this season!?!?!
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:25 PM   #9
B-G
Bowl MVP

Male

B-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPitB-G rules the CockPit

Quote:
Ohhhh I get it.
Old 11-15-2013, 02:28 PM   #10
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

gamecockphan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:30 PM   #11
COCKDIESEL
Voice of Reason

Male

CWS Baseball Pickem Winner: CWS Baseball Pickem Winner - Given for: Winning the first CWS Pickem Contest 
CockyCash: 53400000
COCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot materialCOCKDIESEL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Lead singer for The Cure.

COCKDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:35 PM   #12
cockfight21
Household Name

Male

cockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot materialcockfight21 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetmike View Post
Okay DON'T jump me...because while I am VERY confident that we will win tomorrow night - it is NOT without some realm of possibility that Florida could beat us.

Let's play devil's advocate for a second.

We were outgained, out first downed and every major stat against Mississippi State and we won BECAUSE we got a bunch of turnovers.

That is part of the game...and we created those turnovers, but without those WHO KNOWS how that game may have turned out?

SECOND, there IS the ingredient that Brad Lawing is coming in with a REALLY REALLY good defensive line and he knows our system like the back of his hand. There's no GREAT advantage there...because with scouting film, we know their's as well...but their IS some ingredient of advantage there.

THIRD, Florida DOES HAVE MAJOR NFL talent on their team as well as high (starred) recruits in recent years. Yes they are beat up as hell, but they are not coming to Columbia without talent and lots of it.

FOURTH, Florida is still in contention for a bowl game and they are not forfeiting to us from what I understand. They are not coming into town expecting to lose. They ARE expecting to win.

IF we don't play very well, YES we could lose this game. THAT IS a reality.

Although I think we win...we have NOT beat up on anyone other than Arkansas this season and everybody has played us pretty close. I've learned my lesson with this bunch and I am certainly predicting a win bu our Gamecocks...but I would not be surprised with the ingredients above AND the fact that we have not dominated anybody...if we were to lose.

Hope to hell it won't happen...but...

Also hasn't SOMEONE called for an upset alert against in every game so far this season!?!?!
Florida has a ton of talent and nothing to lose. Which is dangerous.

Kenny Powers
cockfight21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:39 PM   #13
ThisMr X
Starter

Male

ThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockfight21 View Post
Florida has a ton of talent and nothing to lose. Which is dangerous.
Nothing to gain either, they got thumped by vandy at home...
Old 11-15-2013, 02:40 PM   #14
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

He is still mad that we punked his Buckeyes. He also does not like Spurrier.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:43 PM   #15
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4955916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

All you need to know about Robert smith is not only did he play at Ohio St but he is also from ohio
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:43 PM   #16
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardkd2012 View Post
What's even worse is he had no reasoning behind his pick except "Florida will rise up around all the negativity surrounding the program." Gave no logical reasoning as to why their football team will beat our football team.
well I think Marshmellows, dandelions and sprinkles will fall from the sky!
That is why Florida will win!!!

JK

I have no problem with people picking UF to upset us...if we play like we did last year in the swamp, give their offense the ball inside our 10, then yeah, they have a shot to upset us.

BUT...UF has a turnover margin of -0.2, and -0.6 on the road . USC is at +0.2 (58th in the country) but is +1.0 at home.

UF still has a good defense that can keep them in games, and they still have athletes at the skill position. But the numbers don't lie...UF is piss poor on offense and their D is the only thing that keeps them in games (see the UGA game).

The only other thing in UF's favor is Brad Lawing...he knows our blocking schemes, but knowing them and actually beating them are two different things (I imagine we may change up our signals a little as well).

So Robert Smith can suck it. HE is just like Mark May...a GREAT former player, but when it comes to analysis and looking at facts, his ability is like Florida's offense.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #17
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisMr X View Post
Nothing to gain either, they got thumped by vandy at home...
They will be fighting for their bowl lives.
A loss here means they aren't going bowling.
They will come out very aggressive, which is why I hope Spurrier puts his foot on the gas and lets the offense fly..jump on UF quick, get rid of any energy on their sideline, then demoralize them with Davis and Wilds.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #18
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Florida is terrible. That is all.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #19
2four2Gamecock
Stop slow blinking at me

Male

CockyCash: 7700
2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly2four2Gamecock is crowing loudly

We can't just walk in and expect a W so hopefully we jog...
2four2Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #20
NinjaSven
Blue Chip

Male

NinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardkd2012 View Post
I agree with you. I know in college football the mental aspect of the game can't be overlooked, but I think it is kind of ridiculous for a professional sports analyst to make a prediction based solely on that side of the game. If he is predicting UF to win, he should provide the X's and O's of his reasoning. Does their D-line step up in the game? Do they win the turnover battle? What is it? To me, he is saying, "UF won't ever have a losing season, so they will win this game regardless of whom they play".