CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Master Bedroom
garnet_black215
GamecockSuperFan
WeStillOwnUSC
Gamecocks1137
MWard
nodnahs
SwampFox
ktguen
Clemson Recruiting.. (2122)
Gamecocks (-10.5) vs (1463)
Ranking the Opposing (1326)
Not a Rival.. (993)
Gamecock Coaches as (876)
Clowney Spares RB Bi (714)
NCAA Football 15 (497)
Hello Gamecocks! (364)
Marching band (364)
COCKYTALK ONE HIT WO (280)
Ced Cooper's 40 Time
2015 - Mon Denson
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Gurley or Davis
2015 - Nyheim Hines
NCAA Football 15
Clowney Spares RB Big Hit
Galaxy vs Seatle
Clemson Recruiting...how
2015 - Ty'Son Williams

Old 11-16-2013, 01:29 AM   #1
Latti2001
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 1700
Latti2001 is sharpening his clawsLatti2001 is sharpening his clawsLatti2001 is sharpening his clawsLatti2001 is sharpening his claws
Default What happened to DT # 17??

I'm not trying to criticize, but after watching the Mizzou game again, why has DT's production fallen off so drastically??
Latti2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 01:32 AM   #2
GapoGamecock51
I Put Threadz 2 Sleep

Male

CockyCash: 24873509
GapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot materialGapoGamecock51 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to GapoGamecock51 Send a message via Yahoo to GapoGamecock51
Default Re: What happened to DT # 17??

Couldn't tell.............Although he was at the womens basketball game last night.

Gapo
Old 11-16-2013, 01:36 AM   #3
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114408514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Not sure I understand the question?
Old 11-16-2013, 01:56 AM   #4
Latti2001
Recruit

Male

Latti2001 is sharpening his clawsLatti2001 is sharpening his clawsLatti2001 is sharpening his clawsLatti2001 is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regalcock View Post
Not sure I understand the question?
Really? Why was he great last year, but mediocre this year? I ask this as a fan that was really rooting for him to continue his success from last year..
Old 11-16-2013, 02:00 AM   #5
bronamath
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
bronamath has earned his spursbronamath has earned his spursbronamath has earned his spursbronamath has earned his spursbronamath has earned his spursbronamath has earned his spurs

I wouldnt say he has struggled, but he has had limited reps due to Connor's excellent play.
bronamath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:21 AM   #6
roosterdude21
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 317
roosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot materialroosterdude21 is USC mascot material

roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:25 AM   #7
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114408514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latti2001 View Post
Really? Why was he great last year, but mediocre this year? I ask this as a fan that was really rooting for him to continue his success from last year..
He was great against ecu but that had zero defense and Clemson did not have much either. He put several balls in jeopardy against the taggers but they could not bring one in. Don't get me wrong he did play well overall but mizzou has a Solid D.

Against UFC his numbers would've been better if jones had pulled in the 55 yd td.

I did expect more from him though this year. We will see going forward but I will not be surprised if Mitch does not start at some point next year.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:42 AM   #8
AtlGAMECOCK
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 3568
AtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot materialAtlGAMECOCK is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AtlGAMECOCK

To be honest I think when the wr drops your throw you start to question yourself
Old 11-16-2013, 03:57 AM   #9
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Connor for the most part has played much better this year except for UT.
DT threw the pick against Vandy that turned around the momemtum.
b381l is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 04:12 AM   #10
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

hes not that much different than last year, he's just had some bad luck. that and the most important thing to our success whether its him or connor in there is for us to get the rb's involved. the offense generally goes in the toilet no matter who is at qb when the rb's arent involved, see tennessee 4th quarter and ucf 1st half.

beyond the things that arent his fault (drops, playcalling, blocking), he does need to become more accurate if we're to remain a top 10 team when he takes over.
crowcutta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:47 AM   #11
ZenUSC
Blue Chip

Male

ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

Quote:
I'm not trying to criticize, but after watching the Mizzou game again, why has DT's production fallen off so drastically??
Because Mike Davis fumbled twice and nearly handed the game to Mizzou. Why are you blaming DT? Did you really watch the game? Davis went nuts. Why are you even posting this thread?
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:39 AM   #12
Cockdiesel7
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1318
Cockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudly

I really think we got spoiled last year from him.. yes he played out side of his mind last year against clemson and made a couple great throws against Michigan, but we can't expect him to come in every play and throw for a touchdown which many of us do
Cockdiesel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:20 AM   #13
uscJustin06
4-Star

Male

uscJustin06 is making other chickens nervoususcJustin06 is making other chickens nervoususcJustin06 is making other chickens nervoususcJustin06 is making other chickens nervoususcJustin06 is making other chickens nervoususcJustin06 is making other chickens nervoususcJustin06 is making other chickens nervoususcJustin06 is making other chickens nervous

He's played about the same as he did last year. Last year he got to play more weak defenses so you only thought he was doing so much better. He has also had some misfortune due to dropped passes and davis fumbling. He also through some balls that could have easily been picked off last year that weren't but they were picked off this year.
uscJustin06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:30 AM   #14
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
Because Mike Davis fumbled twice and nearly handed the game to Mizzou. Why are you blaming DT? Did you really watch the game? Davis went nuts. Why are you even posting this thread?
This. DT didn't do anything wrong against Mizzou. MD28 fumbled twice and the receivers, including Ellington has the dropsies. I agree with this poster; do you people even watch the games?
Old 11-16-2013, 09:08 AM   #15
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 510
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Because sometimes you have good games and some times you have bad games? What, you thought he was never going to have an bad game and just play basically the same every time he came out? He had two games last year against ECU and Clemson, not the best defenses. Oh, and about a quarter's worth against Michigan with a decimated secondary who couldn't keep a pregnant cow from getting open. I am not saying Thompson is not good, but I warned people that we didn't have a good enough sample size to claim him our starting QB.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:33 AM   #16
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
PASS EFFICIENCY Cl G Comp-Att-Int Yds TD Eff.
1. Johnny Manziel-AM So 6 165-220-9 2276 20 183.7
2. AJ McCarron-UA Sr 6 114-164-1 1507 13 171.6
3. Connor Shaw-SC Sr 7 110-172-1 1502 17 168.8

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:04 AM   #17
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 925
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Since you're referring to the Mizzou game, Like other people have mentioned...MD28 had two fumbles. Mizzou's DE's were pressuring him all night due to having backups on the OL, and his receivers had stone hands that night.

Other than that, he did throw for over 200 yards. Not too bad considering.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:05 AM   #18
Red Devil
Two Deep

Male

Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs

Just hasn't had the time on the field to get a rythm and build confidence.
Old 11-16-2013, 10:18 AM   #19
Latti2001
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post
Yes I did watch the game, and yes MD 28 did fumble twice, but no one can deny that DT isn't playing the same game he was heading towards last year.
To answer your questions:
1) I'm questioning DT because everyone had high hopes for him this year, and he has come out relatively flat this year. I hope he gets back into the groove he was in last year because he can be great.
2) Yes, I did watch the game, but from your comments am not sure you watched the rest of the games a DT's difference in performance from last yr to this yr is obvious.
3) From the way you write, I'd assume I'm explaining this to a 15 yr old... Why am I writing this?? Because I can!
Old 11-16-2013, 11:17 AM   #20
me4USC
Blue Chip

Female

me4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot materialme4USC is USC mascot material

If we base his play on UCF, don't forget that we won that game. We were losing when he went in. No, it wasn't his best performance, but it was good enough to win. UCF's only loss this season is from us.

If you watch Mizzou, he was 15-27 with 222 yards. That's usually good enough to win, but Davis fumbled twice at the goal, Legree dropped an interception, and several receivers dropped passes. I've never played football, but I know that when I'm doing all I can as a leader, and it still doesn't go right, I make more mistakes. It shakes my confidence.

Shaw has played extremely well this year. If you isolated his play to one game, Tennessee, you'd think his production had fallen off as well.

me4USC is offline   Reply With Quote