CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
USCBASEBALL1
JaxcockFL
CockyGuy
SanAntonioCock
Flameout12
SwampFox
2014 Junkanoo Jam ** (1704)
Chattanooga upends N (984)
NEW Pics from South (672)
NCAAF: SOUTH CAROLIN (377)
This Doctor Fell In (338)
Happy Thanksgiving C (247)
Strategy First Steam (151)
Penniless: Creed's S (134)
BIG PROBLEM! JUST RE (126)
2015 Commitment - Christi
Texans getting frustrated
2014 Junkanoo Jam **USC W
How many??
BIG PROBLEM! JUST REALIZE
Name a Gamecock
Garcia vs Clemson Tom
2015 Commitment - Marquav
Ninety Six 21 Abbeville
2014 Class AA Division I

Old 11-17-2013, 12:27 AM   #1
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 30400
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material
Default Brandon Wilds did not play due to Hamstring

Brandon Wilds had an injured hamstring tonight.

Spurrier says he called for Brandon when Davis hurt his ribs "...or whatever..." and they told him that Wilds could not go because of a hamstring injury
Old 11-17-2013, 12:31 AM   #2
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Brandon Wilds did not play due to Hamstring

Ankle sprain last season, elbow this season and now a hammy? I don't like the way this is going.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:51 AM   #3
ZenUSC
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

Outta shape.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:57 AM   #4
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

in all the videos from this past week he said he was ready to get out there and go. Maybe this just happened on thurs. or Friday...who knows?
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:31 AM   #5
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 71443
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

Hopefully it's not so severe that he can't go next week versus Coastal...would like to see Mike get some rest with all of his dings and bruises. Wilds, Carson, and Smith should be more than enough for the Chants...
ConwayGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:42 AM   #6
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
Hopefully it's not so severe that he can't go next week versus Coastal...would like to see Mike get some rest with all of his dings and bruises. Wilds, Carson, and Smith should be more than enough for the Chants...
I would like to see him get some reps before Clemtech.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:52 AM   #7
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

I was extra curious as to why he got no carries. Shiznit.

Thankfully he wasn't needed due to Carson's breakout performance. Here's to a the best stable of RB's in the SEC!
Old 11-17-2013, 11:59 AM   #8
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

Spurrier asked Brandon why he dressed if he was a no go. Bad decision by Wilds.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:26 PM   #9
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1039000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
Brandon Wilds had an injured hamstring tonight.

Spurrier says he called for Brandon when Davis hurt his ribs "...or whatever..." and they told him that Wilds could not go because of a hamstring injury
Something is not adding up...............Or is it just me ?
Coulwoodwarlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #10
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

I hope he is ready for Clemson. Having Davis, Wilds and Carson would be awesome.
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:19 PM   #11
bobbycock
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
bobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his comb

Sounds like Spurrier needs to talk to the trainors again as to who is a go and who is not. I am sure he doesn't like last minute surprises. There needs to be better communication between players and trainors and trainors to the coaches. Last time it was Clowney. This time it was Wilds.
bobbycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:31 PM   #12
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
Something is not adding up...............Or is it just me ?
Quit reading so much into things

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:34 PM   #13
ZenUSC
Two Deep

Male

ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

Gamecocks are low on RBs. Carson was the only RB at times vs Gators.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:42 PM   #14
4gamecockfb
Game MVP

Male

4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons4gamecockfb has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
Like you said I hope we can rest up Mike for the Clemson game in a couple of weeks. Hopefully wilds will be ready for Coastal. Also I know I've seen J. Smith out there some, but with the limited use, shouldn't we probably try to get a "medical" type redshirt
4gamecockfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:45 PM   #15
Harry Cock
Recruit

Male

Harry Cock is sharpening his clawsHarry Cock is sharpening his clawsHarry Cock is sharpening his clawsHarry Cock is sharpening his claws

Spurrier isn't in the know...

We have 3 completely different skill set rb's yet we use them all the same.
Harry Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:06 PM   #16
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 30400
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Cock View Post
Spurrier isn't in the know...

We have 3 completely different skill set rb's yet we use them all the same.

Spurrier says
He will try more draws
Old 11-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #17
Carolina-Beez
Two Deep

Male

Carolina-Beez is crowing loudlyCarolina-Beez is crowing loudlyCarolina-Beez is crowing loudlyCarolina-Beez is crowing loudlyCarolina-Beez is crowing loudlyCarolina-Beez is crowing loudlyCarolina-Beez is crowing loudlyCarolina-Beez is crowing loudlyCarolina-Beez is crowing loudlyCarolina-Beez is crowing loudlyCarolina-Beez is crowing loudly

I wish SOS would be more creative in the running game. Maybe borrow some principles from Gus Malzahn. Obviously, we wouldn't run as much as Auburn. We would just be more imaginative when we do. I thought the sweep to Ellington was a nice changeup.
Carolina-Beez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:37 PM   #18
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina-Beez View Post
I wish SOS would be more creative in the running game. Maybe borrow some principles from Gus Malzahn. Obviously, we wouldn't run as much as Auburn. We would just be more imaginative when we do. I thought the sweep to Ellington was a nice changeup.
Elliot is the run game coordinator. He needs to be a bit more imaginative now that Connor isn't a real option in the zone read. Connor has lost a step and seems tentative.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:52 PM   #19
Garnet girl
1st Team All-SEC

Female

CockyCash: 500500
Garnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot materialGarnet girl is USC mascot material

I wish the kids would tell the coaches they are hurt before running out of the tunnel. I am not sure the trainers even knew. It seems to be a lack of communication. I hope Brandon gets back. He will have missed two seasons. We need him.
Garnet girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 03:00 PM   #20
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet girl View Post
I hope Brandon gets back. He will have missed two seasons.
And possibly getting further back on the depth chart. I don't like the way this is going. This guy showed flashes of NFL potential 2 seasons ago....now we can't get him on the field.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote