CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
rosstheboss
Spurticus
WeStillOwnUSC
Thenardier
3MTA3
Spurrier_Superior_On
CWall2001
b381l
bigdog2003
hyoung912
2001 vs Sandstorm (1210)
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (1102)
Cunningham wants to (610)
Purple drank (457)
Horseshoes has been (232)
Clemson Georgia Game (232)
ESPN article on Clow (188)
Fumble party (171)
1964 World’s Fair (141)
Softball tops Georgi (139)
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
2001 vs Sandstorm
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
Bianca Cuevas - 2014 WBB
Season Rankings Thread...
Cunningham wants to hear
Acock reviews the SEC Net
Softball tops Georgia Sou
2015 Warm/Warmer/Favorite
Name a Gamecock

Old 11-17-2013, 08:58 AM   #1
GamecockinILL
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
GamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his combGamecockinILL is developing his comb
Default Will We Drop?

I'm so glad we won....beats the heck out of losing. But let's face it....it was ugly. Does anyone else have the feeling we might drop in the polls this week?

Okie State had an impressive win at Texas, UCLA had a good win against Washington, and we barely survived a M.A.S.H. unit of a football team. We've dropped before...something tells me we may drop again.

Anyone else think so or am I being too conspiratorial about the voters and us?
Old 11-17-2013, 08:59 AM   #2
ThisMr X
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
ThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his comb
Default Re: Will We Drop?

Nope
Old 11-17-2013, 09:00 AM   #3
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

I don't think we drop. Maintain probably.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:01 AM   #4
yazoo
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1813
yazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot materialyazoo is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockinILL View Post
I'm so glad we won....beats the heck out of losing. But let's face it....it was ugly. Does anyone else have the feeling we might drop in the polls this week?

Okie State had an impressive win at Texas, UCLA had a good win against Washington, and we barely survived a M.A.S.H. unit of a football team. We've dropped before...something tells me we may drop again.

No. We still have a chance to win the SEC East. The media will not let us drop so that they can protect their ratings for the SEC Championship game.

Shaq Attack
yazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:06 AM   #5
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 990000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Stanford losing will send them tumbling...........at the very least we remain at #10 BCS
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:08 AM   #6
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 600
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

I think we'll be at #9 in the BCS.

Any other poll this year is meaningless.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:14 AM   #7
lugoff_gamecock
Walk On

Male

lugoff_gamecock has hatched from the shell

No and if we do who cares. Were going to SEC Champ game and that's all that matters.
lugoff_gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:14 AM   #8
bobbycock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 15000
bobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his combbobbycock is developing his comb

Ok. State will take over #9 with a win over a #24 ranked Texas. We will stay where we are.
bobbycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:55 AM   #9
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

I think we will maintain in the pole.
spareparts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:09 AM   #10
GAMECOCK12
Walk On

GAMECOCK12 has feathers coming inGAMECOCK12 has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugoff_gamecock View Post
No and if we do who cares. Were going to SEC Champ game and that's all that matters.
I have seen this posted in a couple threads now that WE ARE Going to the SECCG.. Dont we still need Missouri to lose 1 game?
GAMECOCK12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:24 AM   #11
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

I don't know but I'm tired of not being able to put away a decent opponent like we are SUPPOSED TO and surprise the fanbase once in awhile.

I'll take an ugly win over a loss all day long, but damn...I feel like I see other schools beat quality opponents pretty solidly and do it with action on the field. Seems like we always play to the potential of our opponent and just barely do enough to get a win.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #12
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

we were already behind oklahoma state in the coaches poll so we'll hold steady there. in the harris poll they were ahead of us too. in the ap we were ahead of them by 77 points so i think we'll hold there. in the bcs which the ap isnt apart of im guessing we'll still be ahead of oklahoma state because their computer ranking was terrible going into this week.

oklahoma state over texas was a solid win for them, but theyll have zero wins over currently ranked teams and a loss to a 4 win west virginia team. ucla's two losses are to stanford and oregon, but they lost both by 2 touchdowns and zero wins over currently ranked teams. on merit we should be ahead of both.
crowcutta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:33 AM   #13
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Well probably move up to #9 with that Stanford loss.

But still, for being one of the youngest teams in the nation, top 10 in the BCS is pretty damn good
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:37 AM   #14
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Bama struggled with MSU. They won't drop either.

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:38 AM   #15
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 990000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycock View Post
Ok. State will take over #9 with a win over a #24 ranked Texas. We will stay where we are.
Not to worry about Oklahoma St. They got Baylor next week !
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:39 AM   #16
Tailfeathers
Starter

Tailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot materialTailfeathers is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugoff_gamecock View Post
Don't know why Missou even bothers playing the next 2 SEC games. It's over for them. sarcasm directed at some of our fans
Old 11-17-2013, 10:45 AM   #17
zappa
Bowl MVP

Male

zappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot materialzappa is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
Well probably move up to #9 with that Stanford loss.

But still, for being one of the youngest teams in the nation, top 10 in the BCS is pretty damn good
Exactly
zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:56 AM   #18
i29gman
Blue Chip

Male

i29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his combi29gman is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockinILL View Post

We won't drop and it wasn't ugly. It was hard-nosed throwback football; the kind that the SEC used to be known for. I'll take the win and as many more just like it that we can get. Go Cocks!
i29gman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:00 AM   #19
Jleo
Blue Chip

Male

Jleo has developed his gaff and talonsJleo has developed his gaff and talonsJleo has developed his gaff and talonsJleo has developed his gaff and talonsJleo has developed his gaff and talonsJleo has developed his gaff and talonsJleo has developed his gaff and talonsJleo has developed his gaff and talonsJleo has developed his gaff and talonsJleo has developed his gaff and talonsJleo has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazoo View Post
No. We still have a chance to win the SEC East. The media will not let us drop so that they can protect their ratings for the SEC Championship game.
This is the only "conspiracy" I can see playing out.

Jleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:24 AM   #20
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 397
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by i29gman View Post
We won't drop and it wasn't ugly. It was hard-nosed throwback football; the kind that the SEC used to be known for. I'll take the win and as many more just like it that we can get. Go Cocks!
The gators hav the top defense in the league. Both pass and rush. Vandy scored 31 due to defensive scores and interceptions were huge for them. Murphy would have been given free reign of the offense and would have used the full passing sets, but Skylar was very limited in what the UF coaches were trusting he was comfortable with. That translated into few opportunities for turnovers and hence, a very tight game. If they would have made the proper call on Shaq's TD catch we would have won 27-14. Probably we would have covered the spread.