CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
catdaddy66
Thenardier
G&B
spareparts
b381l
usc1
ertman420
robgusc76
Ericvol2096
Cockypantherfan
Ole Miss Projected R (844)
2001 vs Sandstorm (831)
Tennessee hires Donn (774)
Acock reviews the SE (723)
So who was the dude (662)
Sunday college footb (637)
Does anyone have a l (355)
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (336)
Florida Georgia Line (327)
Purple drank (253)
Dabo confused about who w
**USC vs. Davidson GAME T
SEC Network "Take It
Does anyone have a link t
2001 vs Sandstorm
response from charter abo
Acock reviews the SEC Net
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
2015 - D.J. Jones

View Poll Results: Who will win the Iron Bowl
Auburn 9 20.00%
Alabama 36 80.00%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2013, 03:50 PM   #1
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material
Default Iron Bowl

The hype over this game is already starting. Who do you think will win, and why?
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 03:52 PM   #2
Gaichon
Chartreuse Microbus, 10-4

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot materialGaichon is USC mascot material
Default Re: Iron Bowl

Absolutely no logical reason to choose Auburn, but I called them winning the Iron Bowl weeks ago. Again, no real reason other than gut.

Gaichon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 03:52 PM   #3
carolina2010
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 756
carolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudlycarolina2010 is crowing loudly

Alabama... Because they score more points than Auburn

Seriously... I think Saban finds a way to slow the run and Auburn doesn't pass it very well.
carolina2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 03:58 PM   #4
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

I just think Alabama is due. The only time I think they've had to dig deep - really deep - this season was the 2nd half of LSU, and by then Les Miles Psychosis had taken over. So I just have nothing to judge them on besides their ranking

I just think Auburn's going to make some really big plays and pull it out.
Old 11-17-2013, 04:00 PM   #5
B-G
Two Deep

Male

B-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
I just think Alabama is due. The only time I think they've had to dig deep - really deep - this season was the 2nd half of LSU, and by then Les Miles Psychosis had taken over. So I just have nothing to judge them on besides their ranking

I just think Auburn's going to make some really big plays and pull it out.
You mean they didn't dig "deep - really deep" against A&M?
Old 11-17-2013, 04:18 PM   #6
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
You mean they didn't dig "deep - really deep" against A&M?
Manziel was able to do his thing regardless and I think they weathered the storm. As the season has worn on, things are different. Do you think Alabama could beat Texas A&M if they played next weekend, as opposed to September?
Old 11-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #7
The O.G.
Banned

Male

The O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudly

If the Auburn team that played in the 1st half shows up they'll win.
The O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:23 PM   #8
B-G
Two Deep

Male

B-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
Manziel was able to do his thing regardless and I think they weathered the storm. As the season has worn on, things are different. Do you think Alabama could beat Texas A&M if they played next weekend, as opposed to September?
Well they did beat them in September, and yes I do.
You could look at it on both sides of the argument really. A&M's offense was fully rolling yet or Bama's defense wasn't fully rolling yet. (As it was the first conference game for both teams, and Bamas second game overall)
Old 11-17-2013, 04:28 PM   #9
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

alabama. they have the D to slow Auburn down for 4 quarters like UGA was able to do in the second half. Defense wins games
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:42 PM   #10
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Bama in a close one.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:55 PM   #11
B-G
Two Deep

Male

I see this game can be very comparable to Oregon-Stanford.
Bama O just grind it out all game and have long time consuming drives.
Keep the Auburn O off the field.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:14 PM   #12
GamecockGuardsman
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
GamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPitGamecockGuardsman rules the CockPit

I'm leaning more towards Alabama at this point. I think it will be a close game for maybe 3 quarters, but Bama will pull away in the 4th.

I say

Bama 27
Auburn 17
Old 11-17-2013, 05:15 PM   #13
roosterdude21
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 200
roosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPitroosterdude21 rules the CockPit

Alabama bc their D can play the run extremely well.
roosterdude21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:18 PM   #14
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 25308312
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

If Auburn wins, they go to the SECCG, right?
Mr.101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #15
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5661799
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
I see this game can be very comparable to Oregon-Stanford.
Bama O just grind it out all game and have long time consuming drives.
Keep the Auburn O off the field.
That's the formula
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:22 PM   #16
B-G
Two Deep

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.101 View Post
Yup.
I believe it's the First time ever the Iron Bowl has determined who goes to Atlanta.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:23 PM   #17
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.101 View Post
Yep. They would both have one loss and Auburn would hold the tie breaker.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:29 PM   #18
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 600
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Bama will exploit their weaknesses.

Bama wins by 13 to 18 points.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 05:32 PM   #19
NinjaSven
Blue Chip

Male

NinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talonsNinjaSven has developed his gaff and talons

It'll be a fun game to watch. It's a rivalry game and there is the SECCG on the line.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:41 PM   #20
FilchCock
4-Star

Male

FilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPitFilchCock rules the CockPit

Gotta give the slight edge to Bama. I like the 3-4 against Auburn's running scheme and I like Bama's ability to control the pace on the ground. That being said, in Jordan-Hare against Auburn's track stars, Alabama wins by 7 or less. I'm going 31-27.
FilchCock is offline   Reply With Quote