CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Regalcock
BiscoCocky
yazoo
Acockolypse Now
StormOfTalons
b381l
robgusc76
The Yancey
Gamecockswag
TheUniversityofSC
I'm not buying the h (2016)
Tanner McEvoy Starti (1321)
SL,UT Gamecocks (1290)
Wow! barely a comme (908)
SHOULD GAMECOCK PLAY (792)
Howdy! - Tailgating (701)
Greetings from ECU F (485)
Nice Article With Ke (462)
Clemson 1st string R (396)
35 Things You Need T (300)
Tanner McEvoy Starting QB
2014-15 Premier League se
What's all the hype on Je
Ward wants us to play fas
Who is your FAVOURITE COC
Wow! barely a comment!
SHOULD GAMECOCK PLAYERS B
I think the Gamecocks Suc
I'm not buying the hype,
Clemson 1st string RB out

Old 11-17-2013, 08:03 PM   #1
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material
Default Updated Bowl Predictions:

Here are just some of the ones I found. Your thoughts?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ls/predictions

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...-florida-state

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ing-in-january
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:08 PM   #2
wumarshall82
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

wumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Updated Bowl Predictions:

I like it
Old 11-17-2013, 08:09 PM   #3
Carolinafan8908
Walk On

Male

Carolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talons

It's still WAY to early to be thinking about bowl games! If we go to Atlanta and lose we're in the Chick Fil A Bowl. If we win in Atlanta, we're in the Sugar Bowl, if we win out and don't win the east we're in the Sugar Bowl. If we lose to Clemson, and don't win the East we're probably in the Capital One or Outback bowl. Too many games left and too many ways it could go for us to every worry about it right now. Let's just beat Coastal Carolina, hope Ole Miss can knock off Mizzou and let the season play out. If you think that the Immaculate Deflection down on the Plains yesterday is the last great comeback/upset of the year, you're very, very wrong!
Old 11-17-2013, 08:13 PM   #4
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

That last link is talking about how Stanford is going to handle Southern Cal, so I don't know about them.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:14 PM   #5
garnet_black215
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

I will vomit all over someone's keyboard if we play in the Outback Bowl.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:21 PM   #6
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot materialGamecocks321 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
That last link is talking about how Stanford is going to handle Southern Cal, so I don't know about them.
The only affect Stanford has on anything is the Rose Bowl. Either way, their prediction for us is horrible. The Gator bowl? That's worse than the Chick Fil-A bowl?
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:29 PM   #7
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

If you wanted the best chance at the bcs, Uga needed to win yesterday. Now our bowl game, in my eyes is clemson. We can only hope mizzou loses but if we were to somehow lose to clemson and then have to play Alabama it could kill a good season
Old 11-17-2013, 08:44 PM   #8
trapper82
1st Team All-SEC

Male

trapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot materialtrapper82 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
If you wanted the best chance at the bcs, Uga needed to win yesterday. Now our bowl game, in my eyes is clemson. We can only hope mizzou loses but if we were to somehow lose to clemson and then have to play Alabama it could kill a good season
Not gonna happen that way. And going to Atlanta means hang in a divisional championship at WB, with a chance for the conference championship.
Old 11-17-2013, 08:50 PM   #9
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 900000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

There all kinds of scenarios yet to play out. It's gonna get ridiculous.
Coulwoodwarlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:50 PM   #10
KSGamecock11
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 300
KSGamecock11 is developing his combKSGamecock11 is developing his combKSGamecock11 is developing his combKSGamecock11 is developing his combKSGamecock11 is developing his combKSGamecock11 is developing his combKSGamecock11 is developing his combKSGamecock11 is developing his combKSGamecock11 is developing his comb

I'm not overly excited about any of those matchups. All of them have us facing teams that are down, two of which we've recently played. I guess if I had to pick I'd take Nebraska again just to have a chance to put a nail in Pelini's coffin.
KSGamecock11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:55 PM   #11
ThisMr X
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 200
ThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his combThisMr X is developing his comb

Chikfila is the only realistic option
Old 11-17-2013, 09:05 PM   #12
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Of all the ones I've seen the most likely IMO are:

Capital one vs Michigan state
Cap one vs Wisconsin
Chick Fil a vs Virginia tech

Obviously I'd rather take the cap one but chick Fil a is a good consolation prize. anything but the outback. Gator is low in the picking order so it'd be disappointing

EDIT: I found some more....
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...ions-4375.html
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...e+Gridiron+365)
http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls/projections

I can't remember where it is but one guy has us in the cotton...
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #13
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 749
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

I'm not sure they'd put us back in the Georgia Dome given we make it to the SECCG.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:21 PM   #14
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
I'm not sure they'd put us back in the Georgia Dome given we make it to the SECCG.
They did in 2010
Old 11-17-2013, 09:26 PM   #15
KSGamecock11
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 300
KSGamecock11 is developing his combKSGamecock11 is developing his combKSGamecock11 is developing his combKSGamecock11 is developing his combKSGamecock11 is developing his combKSGamecock11 is developing his combKSGamecock11 is developing his combKSGamecock11 is developing his combKSGamecock11 is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
Of all the ones I've seen the most likely IMO are:

Capital one vs Michigan state
Cap one vs Wisconsin
Chick Fil a vs Virginia tech

Obviously I'd rather take the cap one but chick Fil a is a good consolation prize. anything but the outback. Gator is low in the picking order so it'd be disappointing

EDIT: I found some more....
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...ions-4375.html
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...e+Gridiron+365)
http://espn.go.com/college-football/bowls/projections

I can't remember where it is but one guy has us in the cotton...
Wisconsin and Michigan State would be better games. Both of them tough.
KSGamecock11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:39 PM   #16
Latti
Uscooper

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Latti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudlyLatti is crowing loudly

It gets boring playing the big 10 every year
Latti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:09 PM   #17
SECgamecock453
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 15800
SECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPitSECgamecock453 rules the CockPit
Send a message via AIM to SECgamecock453

I like playing new teams every year so I do not care to see Nebraska or Michigan again... at least for awhile.

SECgamecock453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:12 PM   #18
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/i...ions-week-12-3
Old 11-17-2013, 10:16 PM   #19
CaptainCock91
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 495
CaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECgamecock453 View Post
I like playing new teams every year so I do not care to see Nebraska or Michigan again... at least for awhile.
Unfortunately, three of our bowls are SEC vs. Big 10.

I would rather see a bowl like the Gator Bowl changed to Big 12 or Pac 12.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:20 PM   #20
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
What? If you look at the projections, the article has Tennessee going bowling. That means they would have to beat VU this weekend, which I don't think is going to happen.