CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Garnetnblack99
2000grad
kingoftheroost
CockyLifer
b381l
CoverTwo
ZenUSC
Regalcock
Cockhornleghorn
2014 Junkanoo Jam ** (2591)
Morris to SMU (2565)
BIG PROBLEM! JUST RE (1390)
Carolina on a Walmar (832)
Game simulation (629)
Clemson fans (444)
Penniless: Creed's S (386)
Strategy First Steam (288)
Origin Sale Too (190)
Have we been favored (168)
Morris to SMU
Clemson fans
End of the aTm / LSU game
THE Vent and Coaching Cha
Have we been favored in e
Name a Gamecock
Coaching Carousel 2014/15
4 tix together for USC/Cl
Constant Updates on Watso
2017 - Savales Cann

Old 11-18-2013, 02:31 PM   #1
Cocky Garnet
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cocky Garnet is sharpening his clawsCocky Garnet is sharpening his clawsCocky Garnet is sharpening his clawsCocky Garnet is sharpening his clawsCocky Garnet is sharpening his claws
Default SEC Champ. ticketing process

I didn't go to game when we lost to Auburn in ATL. But a buddy of mine went and got 8 tickets together through the Gamecock Club. Not sure if the process is different since then, but looks like below a Silver Spur can only request 2 together.

I'm thinking of having a friend with more points ask for 8 together, and see how the Club plays it out -- give us 8 together or 2 + 6 with second priority. I know that's pressing my luck a little bit... rather than four couples putting in first priority requests for 2 each and just accepting that we'll be split up. Does anyone have any insight or opinion on the Gamecock Club buying up its allotment (or what that allotment amount is?)

Thanks in advance.
Cocky Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:35 PM   #2
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 117561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material
Default Re: SEC Champ. ticketing process

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky Garnet View Post
I didn't go to game when we lost to Auburn in ATL. But a buddy of mine went and got 8 tickets together through the Gamecock Club. Not sure if the process is different since then, but looks like below a Silver Spur can only request 2 together.

I'm thinking of having a friend with more points ask for 8 together, and see how the Club plays it out -- give us 8 together or 2 + 6 with second priority. I know that's pressing my luck a little bit... rather than four couples putting in first priority requests for 2 each and just accepting that we'll be split up. Does anyone have any insight or opinion on the Gamecock Club buying up its allotment (or what that allotment amount is?)

Thanks in advance.
The school does not get that many tickets. Most of them are reserved for corporate affiliations or long time ticket holder (through the Georgia dome, They have their own list).

I think the school gets 10,000-12,000 tickets, maybe? Also, just because your buddy requested 8 doesn't mean he is getting them. Unless he is way up the priority list.

Silver spur can request 4

Today is the last day to request them though.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:48 PM   #3
IslandCock
Go! Fight! Win! Kick ASS!

Male

CockyCash: 13701490
IslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYBEZ View Post
Today is the last day to request them though.
I think tomorrow, 11/19, is the last day... but get it in either way.

Anyone know what the cutoff was last time tickets were allocated (in terms of GC points)? I imagine that the demand would be about the same...
IslandCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:54 PM   #4
MOB49
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 400
MOB49 is crowing loudlyMOB49 is crowing loudlyMOB49 is crowing loudlyMOB49 is crowing loudlyMOB49 is crowing loudlyMOB49 is crowing loudlyMOB49 is crowing loudlyMOB49 is crowing loudlyMOB49 is crowing loudlyMOB49 is crowing loudlyMOB49 is crowing loudly

Today is the last day to request tickets.
MOB49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:55 PM   #5
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandCock View Post
I think tomorrow, 11/19, is the last day... but get it in either way.

Anyone know what the cutoff was last time tickets were allocated (in terms of GC points)? I imagine that the demand would be about the same...
Probably have to wait until all the request come in before determining a cutoff.

But I think it was around 160 in 2010.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:00 PM   #6
uscGRAD04
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 833
uscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot materialuscGRAD04 is USC mascot material

Quote:
SEC CHAMPIONSHIP INFORMATION
Credit card charges will not be processed until announced that the University of South Carolina will participate in the SEC Championship game. Requests must be received by Monday, November 18 at 8PM to be processed. Each SEC Championship game ticket is $100. Seat locations will be determined by Gamecock Club Priority Points. The ticket allotment for the SEC Championship is 16,500 tickets.

November 18 - Please submit your 2013 Gamecock Football Postseason Application for the SEC Championship before Monday, November 18 at 8PM. Requests received after the deadline will not be accepted.
http://www.gamecocksonline.com/ticke...ostseason.html
Old 11-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #7
Cocky Garnet
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cocky Garnet is sharpening his clawsCocky Garnet is sharpening his clawsCocky Garnet is sharpening his clawsCocky Garnet is sharpening his clawsCocky Garnet is sharpening his claws

Cut-off is 8PM tonight.

My strategy was thrown for a loop when I heard he got 8 last time. Uncertain, but he was probably Silver Spur or Full Scholarship with 30+ years in the Club. How would he have gotten 8 unless the ticket train made one lap and then came back around? And how the heck were all 8 together?! Haha. Can't figure this one out. Almost feels like he got lucky and slipped through the cracks or something.

I would've thought the ~160-point estimate sounded good, and I'm too low on the totem pole to meet that threshold.
Cocky Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 03:03 PM   #8
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 840000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

I went to the game last year (Bama/UGA) and got lower levels off e-bay. Although I paid about 2-3 times face value. We're full scholly and put in for our 2, but doubt we will get them since the school allotment isn't that much.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:09 PM   #9
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Same, I have a good bit more points now than 2010, but probably still wont make the cut.

I will probably go the stub hub route again.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:20 PM   #10
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly

Hopefully they'll have student tickets
SirBigSpur is offline   Reply With Quote