CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
gamecockgal
l^l^lBGCock
A. Pilgrim
jrussjr
Acockolypse Now
ktguen
thekob
COCKYTALKIN
spareparts
Tired of night games (1923)
Luginbill says ECU s (1471)
Cooper (1391)
Next years RB situat (1283)
20 of 31 former play (1256)
What the heck is up (1237)
Coach Elliott pregam (1236)
Well, as it turns ou (1094)
Been a pleasure talk (988)
So, Vanderbilt is ne (770)
A serious question for th
2015 - Roquan Smith
Tired of night games
Cack's Toast of the Game:
Quarles is a Colt!
Wake Forest recruiting...
SMU job - Spurrier Jr.?
No Gurley near the goal l
2015 Commitment - Mon Den
where's cack's toast of t

Old 11-19-2013, 12:46 AM   #1
Carolinafan8908
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talonsCarolinafan8908 has developed his gaff and talons
Default What are the odds?

Clearly we all knew EVERYTHING had to go our way Saturday. Meaning Auburn HAD to beat Georgia, and we HAD to be Florida for us to have a solid chance at the SEC East. With the Immaculate Deflection down in Auburn, and us grinding one out at home, we had it ALL go our way. And now we all know if Mizzou splits up to Ole Miss or A&M we are headed to Atlanta. I just want to pose the simple question. What do you think the odds of us winning the EAST are? I personally do NOT see Mizzou winning the both of the next two. But if they do, they deserve the East! I give us an 80 percent chance to win the East after what happened on Saturday night!
Old 11-19-2013, 12:52 AM   #2
goodoleboyz250
Walk On

Male

goodoleboyz250 has hatched from the shell
Default Re: What are the odds?

I will agree with that. .not to sure about ole miss but I think Texas can get them in a shoot out. . We beat Missouri with our receivers just had some over throws. . If Johnny is on I think they will get them

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
goodoleboyz250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 02:51 AM   #3
Spurrier Fan
Blue Chip

Male

Spurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his combSpurrier Fan is developing his comb

50% chance they lose to Ole Miss

60% chance they lose to Texas A&M

Ole Miss is a very decent team. I think Missouri is better than they are but with it being at Ole Miss I say it's a tossup. Texas A&M is a better team then Missouri. If the game were at Texas A&M I would say everyone should start looking into plans for Atlanta. With it being at Missouri I only give the Aggies a slight advantage.

Overall, yeah I'd agree with you. I'd put the odds at about 75% of winning the SEC East. All the pressure is on Missouri. Even if they best Ole Miss, if all hope of winning the SEC East was put on Johnny Football delivering a win in his last regular season game, I'd be okay with that.
  • 2013 Outback Bowl Champions
  • 2014 Capital One Bowl Champions
  • 11 Win Seasons - 2011, 2012, 2013
  • Top 10 Finishes - 2011, 2012, 2013
  • Top 5 Finish - 2013 (#4 USA Today Coaches/#4 AP)
Spurrier Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 03:22 AM   #4
ClintonGamecock
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 3200
ClintonGamecock has hatched from the shell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Fan View Post
50% chance they lose to Ole Miss

60% chance they lose to Texas A&M

Ole Miss is a very decent team. I think Missouri is better than they are but with it being at Ole Miss I say it's a tossup. Texas A&M is a better team then Missouri. If the game were at Texas A&M I would say everyone should start looking into plans for Atlanta. With it being at Missouri I only give the Aggies a slight advantage.

Overall, yeah I'd agree with you. I'd put the odds at about 75% of winning the SEC East. All the pressure is on Missouri. Even if they best Ole Miss, if all hope of winning the SEC East was put on Johnny Football delivering a win in his last regular season game, I'd be okay with that.

Funny thing is. I think their best chance at a loss is at Ole Miss. They have been playing pretty good lately. But then again, maybe it is better that ATM plays at Mizzou since ironically since joining the sec, all their losses have been at home. They are undefeated on the road the last 2 years.
ClintonGamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:14 AM   #5
WakeboardingCock
Formerly MillerTime843

Male

CockyCash: 200
WakeboardingCock has hatched from the shell

We'll win
WakeboardingCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:42 AM   #6
HeadCockFan
...where the Pampers is.

Male

CockyCash: 202781
HeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot materialHeadCockFan is USC mascot material

Gotta believe after that auburn redemption.
HeadCockFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:53 AM   #7
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

I don't think Missouri is as good as their record...personally. We scored 17 points on them in the 3rd quarter alone and could've/should've done that more throughout that game. Texas A&M and Johnny Football plays a lot like us and Shaw. I think A&M will be the team to beat Missouri.
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:08 AM   #8
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Since the debacle in Knoxville, we've done what we needed to do, and that makes me proud (even if it has been ugly at times), but I honestly am not convinced Missouri is going to lose again. They do have a decent defense, so if they can stop A&M a few times (I know they play Ole Miss before A&M) then I don't know if A&M can stop Missouri.

Ole Miss is a bit of an enigma to me. Depending on which version of the team that shows up, they could upset Missouri, but the inconsistency doesn't give me a great deal of confidence they will.

If Missouri wins the east, it's going to be hard for me to get extremely upset. I think they have taken advantage of their situation. At first I think teams may have overlooked Missouri a little and not thought they were a legitimately good team. Then their first "tough" road game was against UGA...AFTER they had all the injuries. Beyond that, three of their four conference home games were played consecutively. Contrast that with the fact a certain team we all know and love had exactly the opposite situation. None of this is Missouri's fault or something they could control, though, so give them credit for taking advantage of the hand they've been dealt.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:14 AM   #9
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

If Mizzou wins the next two weeks, they will have to win shootouts. Personally, and this is just my opinion, I think we should be receiving our SEC East Champions trophy on Sunday. I believe they will lose to Ole Miss.

It almost just seems destined for us to get there. After watching UGA lose like that to Auburn, how can you suspect anything different?
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:15 AM   #10
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

I like Ole Miss at home this week. Said that weeks ago.

Their three losses were back to back to back @ Bama, @Auburn and by 3 points @ home to A&M. They bounced back by beating a very good #6 LSU team at home and have won their last 3 convincingly. They average 500 yards a game, although they will give up points, I think the home field advantage will be the difference in this one and Ole miss wins by a TD.

Balanced offense with 300 yards a game through the air and 200 on the ground per game.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:44 AM   #11
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2200
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
I like Ole Miss at home this week. Said that weeks ago.

Their three losses were back to back to back @ Bama, @Auburn and by 3 points @ home to A&M. They bounced back by beating a very good #6 LSU team at home and have won their last 3 convincingly. They average 500 yards a game, although they will give up points, I think the home field advantage will be the difference in this one and Ole miss wins by a TD.

Balanced offense with 300 yards a game through the air and 200 on the ground per game.
I have to agree with everything you said. Add to that, that some part of Mizzou has to be thinking ahead to A&M.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:50 AM   #12
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by donbgamecock View Post
I have to agree with everything you said. Add to that, that some part of Mizzou has to be thinking ahead to A&M.
Very true, and Mizzou will be playing not to lose. Franklin will start , but he only saw mop up duty last week and didn't throw a pass. He's missed a lot of time. We will see how effective he is, but I expect Ole Miss to bring a lot of pressure.

Check out the Ole Miss offensive stats. Very Impressive.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...le-miss-rebels
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:51 AM   #13
kabercr2
Blue Chip

Male

kabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his clawskabercr2 is sharpening his claws

Just heard on the radio that James Franklin is going to start at Ole Miss.
kabercr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 02:12 PM   #14
St. Louis Gamecock
Recruit

Male

St. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his combSt. Louis Gamecock is developing his comb

My Mizzou buds up here are nervous as hell! One even conceded the division to Carolina yesterday during one of our meetings at work! He showed me his iPhone with the latest BCS standings and said, and I quote, “I’m enjoying this now instead of next week!”

Go Ole Miss, Go aTm!
St. Louis Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:12 PM   #15
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 117561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

I say 65% chance we win the east
Old 11-19-2013, 11:07 PM   #16
CockyInSeattle
4-Star

Male

CockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPitCockyInSeattle rules the CockPit

The Prayer in Jordan-Hare. That might be the play of the year, at least for the SEC. Of course the ultimate irony would be if somehow Auburn beats Bama and wins the west and we win the east for a rematch.

Last edited by CockyInSeattle; 11-19-2013 at 11:08 PM. Reason: misspelling
CockyInSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 04:55 PM   #17
CockyinVA
Recruit

Male

CockyinVA is making other chickens nervousCockyinVA is making other chickens nervousCockyinVA is making other chickens nervousCockyinVA is making other chickens nervousCockyinVA is making other chickens nervousCockyinVA is making other chickens nervousCockyinVA is making other chickens nervous

Well, think about how many times we defied the odds to get to the point we are at now.

We were at the death against Missouri on at 4th and goal from the 15 facing very low odds of converting, but Bruce made that catch and kept us alive.

We were at the death against Missouri again on their next possession, but then failed to convert on 3rd and goal, and then missed a very high probability FG from inside their own 5 to keep us alive.

We were at the death when Auburn was down to a 4th an 18 with under a minute left and converted. That was beyond low probability. It was miraculous.

Even if Missouri was favored heavily in the last two, it just seems like fate is on our side this time. I am personally more hopeful about Ole Miss's chances than ATM's. I would say 65% for Ole Miss. 50 for Texas A&M.
CockyinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:01 PM   #18
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

I wouldn't be shocked to see Mizzou lose both. I will be shocked if they do not at least lose one.
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:07 PM   #19
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Stay focus. Mizzou is gonna lose.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:19 PM   #20
Harry Tuttle
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1200
Harry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervousHarry Tuttle is making other chickens nervous

75% chance they beat Ole Miss but 50% they beat Texas A&M. So maybe 65% chance they drop 1?