CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gyle41386
ReadR00ster
4gamecockfb
sporkgod50
OscarTheGrouch
Acockolypse Now
RGHoskins
bigdog2003
GoldenSpur7
Spurrier_Superior_On
Diamond DeSheilds, U (2839)
how has more ESPN an (1578)
Dylan Thompson, Clas (1111)
Gamecock Legacy recr (766)
Women's bb - Deshiel (506)
Clemson's At It Agai (497)
22 ways to annoy peo (391)
$15 home AC (368)
Hope Springs Eternal (303)
Why sports will alwa (255)
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Steak and eggs
how has more ESPN anounce
Season Rankings Thread...
Byron the bunny...fear th
Dylan Thompson, Class Act
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Playstation 4
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
Joeckel Transfering from

Old 11-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #1
UncleSteve
"I Like Turtles."

Male

CockyCash: 100000
UncleSteve is crowing loudlyUncleSteve is crowing loudlyUncleSteve is crowing loudlyUncleSteve is crowing loudlyUncleSteve is crowing loudlyUncleSteve is crowing loudlyUncleSteve is crowing loudlyUncleSteve is crowing loudlyUncleSteve is crowing loudlyUncleSteve is crowing loudlyUncleSteve is crowing loudly
Default She said "Yes!"

I proposed to my girlfriend, Lauren, a couple of weeks ago. We set up a surprise dinner for her. Her sister, Katelyn, flew in from Texas for a "family dinner." (Lauren thought the family was welcoming her sister home) I made a video for Lauren to watch and surprised her at the end. I proposed in front of both of our families. She said "Yes!" Hope you enjoy.

Old 11-19-2013, 10:51 AM   #2
markymark550
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material
Default Re: She said "Yes!"

Congrats! Wish you and your fiance all the best.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:29 PM   #3
UncleSteve
"I Like Turtles."

Male

CockyCash: 100000
UncleSteve is crowing loudlyUncleSteve is crowing loudlyUncleSteve is crowing loudlyUncleSteve is crowing loudlyUncleSteve is crowing loudlyUncleSteve is crowing loudlyUncleSteve is crowing loudlyUncleSteve is crowing loudlyUncleSteve is crowing loudlyUncleSteve is crowing loudlyUncleSteve is crowing loudly

Thanks, Mark!
Old 11-19-2013, 01:33 PM   #4
lencho30
KOLA

Male

CockyCash: 4200
lencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot material

Congratulations on outkicking your coverage!!! Hahaha

Enjoy and I wish you both the best!
Old 11-19-2013, 02:10 PM   #5
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

You used Jack Johnson.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:17 PM   #6
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

Congrats! I recognize you from a school project we worked on a couple years back.
Old 11-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #7
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Congrats, and welcome to the dark side.

Words of advise from someone that just went through all of that. When she sends you 400 links of napkins and wants to know your opinion. Ask her to narrow it down. Once it's down to a reasonable number ... ask which one she liks best.

NEVER GIVE YOUR REAL OPINION ... it will be wrong and she'll go with the one she likes anyway. This way you can find out which one she likes ... you can "pick that one too" and she'll go on with the assumption that you care and that you're "putting your opinion into the wedding". We all know how it's really going to be, so just pretend to care, smile, pick what she picks, and just let her enjoy her day.

P.S. if you have something very expensive and stupid you want to buy (mine was a new smoker) (yours might be a PS4) buy it NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't wait till you can "offord it". Buy it NOW while she's still in newly engaged mode. You can buy whatever you want and if she looks at you grab her hand and point at the ring ... it'll work, but only for a limit amount of time.

Now, go on young grasshopper

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:00 PM   #8
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

dang nice ring you got her

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:53 PM   #9
CockyCyclone
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 16788014
CockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post

Words of advise from someone that just went through all of that. When she sends you 400 links of napkins and wants to know your opinion. Ask her to narrow it down. Once it's down to a reasonable number ... ask which one she liks best.

NEVER GIVE YOUR REAL OPINION ... it will be wrong and she'll go with the one she likes anyway. This way you can find out which one she likes ... you can "pick that one too" and she'll go on with the assumption that you care and that you're "putting your opinion into the wedding". We all know how it's really going to be, so just pretend to care, smile, pick what she picks, and just let her enjoy her day.

P.S. if you have something very expensive and stupid you want to buy (mine was a new smoker) (yours might be a PS4) buy it NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't wait till you can "offord it". Buy it NOW while she's still in newly engaged mode. You can buy whatever you want and if she looks at you grab her hand and point at the ring ... it'll work, but only for a limit amount of time.

Haha this was the exact opposite for my wife and I. She spends money like a champ and I have to be the bad guy reigning it in.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:57 PM   #10
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post

That is so correct, it hurts.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:04 PM   #11
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114893542
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

My condolences. ;)
Old 11-19-2013, 06:07 PM   #12
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

behindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPit

Also, the day is about:
1. Her
2. Her
3. Her
4. Her
5. Her Mom
6. Her
7. Her
8. Her
9. Your Mom
10. Her

You fit NO WHERE in the discussion. Also, please don't come along sometime in the fall in the next year or so and say "My wedding is today, how am I going to watch the game?" Because that is just sad.

Other than that Congrats and Welcome to Hell (just kidding...maybe)

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:25 PM   #13
lencho30
KOLA

Male

CockyCash: 4200
lencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindenemylines View Post
Also, the day is about:
1. Her
2. Her
3. Her
4. Her
5. Her Mom
6. Her
7. Her
8. Her
9. Your Mom
10. Her

You fit NO WHERE in the discussion. Also, please don't come along sometime in the fall in the next year or so and say "My wedding is today, how am I going to watch the game?" Because that is just sad.

Other than that Congrats and Welcome to Hell (just kidding...maybe)
^^^^THIS^^^^
Old 11-19-2013, 09:27 PM   #14
GamecockMomSC
Sweet Carolina Girl

Female

CockyCash: 101194811
GamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot material

Congrats! You did a great job on the ring.
GamecockMomSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:39 PM   #15
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

just remember that all the stuff (wedding plans, flowers, napkins, place settings, where people sit) are pretty trivial in the long run. Just make sure that its fun for the two of you. Dont lose sight of having fun with friends and family.

You guys who are tight on spending now and afraid to spend on yourselves, just wait until you have children...but if its that large of a purchase, just budget for it (or at least say you are) so that in a few months you can get it.
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:19 PM   #16
spareparts
Insulted Other Member(s)

Male

CockyCash: 1000509
spareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot materialspareparts is USC mascot material

Is that Explosions in the Sky?
spareparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:57 PM   #17
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

You will be hearing "Yes" less and less frequently from here on out.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:00 PM   #18
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

CockyCash: 26000805
RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to RGHoskins

Congratulations to you both.

- Rick H-

Rest in Peace Jaymie, aka Feistyminx and C- Girl.
RGHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:47 AM   #19
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

Hot damn. Congrats to the both of you.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:53 AM   #20
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
You will be hearing "Yes" less and less frequently from here on out.
that's the truth

b381l is offline   Reply With Quote