CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
eaglegolf018
Coulwoodwarlord
ReadR00ster
SAETerrier
HelleraisingCock
JerseyBird
Cockhornleghorn
GamecockStud
bigdog2003
gamecock88
Larenz Bryant update (1695)
Joeckel Transfering (965)
Victor Hampton Arres (831)
UK's Whitlow to tran (685)
2016 - Greg Little (672)
What type of snake i (509)
response from charte (492)
Wu Tang affiliated r (426)
13 Vintage Internet (256)
Attendance next seas (221)
Joeckel Transfering from
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
boiled peanuts
Kelcy and Vic questioned
Larenz Bryant update?
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
Softball takes 2 of 3 at
Victor Hampton Arrested
Steak and eggs
2015 - Clelin Ferrell

Old 11-19-2013, 11:19 AM   #1
Cockdiesel7
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1318
Cockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudly
Default Letter to Georgia students

Great article to Georgia Students about showing up to Aaron Murray's senior night because of all he's done for the university even though the game doesn't mean anything but another game on the record
http://bulldawgillustrated.com/2013/...-give-forever/
Cockdiesel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material
Default Re: Letter to Georgia students

Quote:
I want each of you to realize that there are people, and millions of them, that would give anything for the opportunity to watch a game between the hedges
I think he's overselling that a bit...
Old 11-19-2013, 04:36 PM   #3
Cockdiesel7
4-Star

Male

Cockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudlyCockdiesel7 is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
I think he's overselling that a bit...
Old 11-19-2013, 04:44 PM   #4
lake-cityCOCK89
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
lake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPitlake-cityCOCK89 rules the CockPit

The way some of our fans act I could see someone doing that for Carolina. If we had lost at mizzou people would have been jumping ship

WINNING

As easy as playing a Big 10 Team.
lake-cityCOCK89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:53 PM   #5
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

It sucks that we're "known" for being so supportive through an 0-21 streak, but in todays world, that will never happen again. If you're not winning, people are goign to jump off the bandwagon and find someone else that is. There's no loyalty anymore, there's no pride anymore.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:25 PM   #6
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:50 PM   #7
donbgamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 200
donbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot materialdonbgamecock is USC mascot material

I am glad to see someone has a boner for Murray. The way the story is written, it isn't about the team; its all about Murray. Frankly, I think the article is garbage.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:12 PM   #8
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
It sucks that we're "known" for being so supportive through an 0-21 streak, but in todays world, that will never happen again. If you're not winning, people are goign to jump off the bandwagon and find someone else that is. There's no loyalty anymore, there's no pride anymore.
You're absolutely right, and it's true everywhere. When 'Bama had Shula as a coach no one was showing up, UGA will have empty seats, and Florida's stands against Vandy had silver patches in them.

It's the way of the world now, and if we have a 6 or 7 win season again you'll see empty seats as well, hell, I see them now.

Landscape is very different now.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:37 PM   #9
Cockdiesel7
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by donbgamecock View Post
I am glad to see someone has a boner for Murray. The way the story is written, it isn't about the team; its all about Murray. Frankly, I think the article is garbage.
Im sorry you don't find enjoyment in this article..
Old 11-19-2013, 06:40 PM   #10
CockyLifer
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 99095
CockyLifer is making other chickens nervousCockyLifer is making other chickens nervousCockyLifer is making other chickens nervousCockyLifer is making other chickens nervousCockyLifer is making other chickens nervousCockyLifer is making other chickens nervousCockyLifer is making other chickens nervousCockyLifer is making other chickens nervous

Although I fear that you are all stating the truth I hope that our fans are different. They used to be and I will always stay the same have never been able to be fair weather about my Gamecocks.
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:52 PM   #11
boowilliam4
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 400
boowilliam4 is making other chickens nervousboowilliam4 is making other chickens nervousboowilliam4 is making other chickens nervousboowilliam4 is making other chickens nervousboowilliam4 is making other chickens nervousboowilliam4 is making other chickens nervousboowilliam4 is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by cack View Post
Which makes me proud to say i was at every home game through that 0-21 losing streak.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:31 PM   #12
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Hadn't thought of this before I read the letter, but it's going to be interesting to see how many UGA fans show up between the hedges Saturday.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:05 PM   #13
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 397
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by boowilliam4 View Post
Which makes me proud to say i was at every home game through that 0-21 losing streak.
I was at 4 games in the 1999 season. Froze my butt off in south upper deck in one of them but can't remember which one.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:54 PM   #14
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Yeah I'm going to call BS on the "millions" who would "give anything" to watch a game there.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:20 AM   #15
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 600
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
You're absolutely right, and it's true everywhere. When 'Bama had Shula as a coach no one was showing up, UGA will have empty seats, and Florida's stands against Vandy had silver patches in them.

It's the way of the world now, and if we have a 6 or 7 win season again you'll see empty seats as well, hell, I see them now.

Landscape is very different now.
After the first 3 home games, we were second behind A&M in attendance capacity averaging 1500 fans over capacity.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:09 PM   #16
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

which is good to know...
Old 11-20-2013, 12:42 PM   #17
JoeMorrisonLives
4-Star

Male

JoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spursJoeMorrisonLives has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
Yeah I'm going to call BS on the "millions" who would "give anything" to watch a game there.
10 million people in Georgia, I find it believable that a few of them would love to catch a game and haven't yet.
JoeMorrisonLives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:02 PM   #18
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMorrisonLives View Post
10 million people in Georgia, I find it believable that a few of them would love to catch a game and haven't yet.
Wanting to catch a game and willing to "give anything" to see one are different things. I don't doubt a lot of people do but that's overstating it a little, in my opinion. haha
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:30 PM   #19
CockLurker
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 4400
CockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPit

Lol I'd GIVE ANYTHING... except the 50bucks for a ticket.
CockLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:15 PM   #20
qcgamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
Wanting to catch a game and willing to "give anything" to see one are different things. I don't doubt a lot of people do but that's overstating it a little, in my opinion. haha
A ton of those 10 million have nothing to give, so give anything is a relative term lol quite a few worked for me who would love to give anything they had to see a jawja game or a GAMECOCK game but the box office would take nothing they have to give nor could they take the bus to Athens, in fact doubt they have a clue of Athens location. Sad but true, many Gamecock fans around SC would fall into the same boat and without TV they would still be listening to the radio every Saturday as they listened to Bob Fulton back in the day.
I sat threw the entire 0-21 seasons surrounded by good friends, remember tailgating in Olympia school parking lot, Carolina girls were worth the price of admission win or lose lol GO COCKS young GAMECOCK fans have no idea how good they have it and many fans have no idea how blessed they are to be able to attend a game in Williams Brice.
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote