CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
The Yancey
ReadR00ster
IBleedGarnetandBlack
Spurticus
StormOfTalons
gamecock88
ZenUSC
b381l
bcolinc
Nick Chubb (6385)
A&M on 3rd down (1672)
All of our defensive (1403)
Spurrier Presser (1367)
Uniform thread (1156)
Cack's Toast of the (1145)
louisville (1047)
Rankings (1040)
Spurrier: Davis Will (1021)
3-4 "D" Ke (739)
Not a talent issue
Will Devin ever suit up f
3-4 "D" Keep it
Rankings
Recruiting Question
Defensive Backfield
East Carolina Prediction
USC/Georgia 9/13/2014
Nick Chubb
Spurrier: Davis Will Be A

Old 11-19-2013, 10:46 PM   #1
GamecockFan7689
Go Cocks and Go Braves!

Male

CockyCash: 1001085
GamecockFan7689 is crowing loudlyGamecockFan7689 is crowing loudlyGamecockFan7689 is crowing loudlyGamecockFan7689 is crowing loudlyGamecockFan7689 is crowing loudlyGamecockFan7689 is crowing loudlyGamecockFan7689 is crowing loudlyGamecockFan7689 is crowing loudlyGamecockFan7689 is crowing loudlyGamecockFan7689 is crowing loudlyGamecockFan7689 is crowing loudly
Send a message via AIM to GamecockFan7689
Default I just lost one of the biggest Gamecock fans there ever was

I really wasn't sure if I should post this, but I thought I would in his honor. This past Saturday night I lost my father Gary Dean James, Sr, who was only 56 years old. He was the biggest fan of the Gamecocks I've ever known from watching every football, basketball, and baseball game, to frequenting the various Gamecock sites and messageboards, including going to Tigernet to laugh at their frequent meltdowns. There was nothing more he enjoyed than making jokes about Dabo and how we were going to bring the thumb this year.

I thought considering the circumstances I would share this story. My dad was my absolute best friend in the world and has always been. I enjoyed tailgating and going to the games with him in college together more than tailgating with my friends because that was just so special to us to crack open a beer while listening to the pre-game show out there and go to the stadium for the Gamecock Walk and watch the warmups for two hours before the games. We sadly haven't been able to make it to many games over the last year or so and we were home this Saturday. We were spending all of Saturday watching football as we always did and we were so excited for the game that night. We watched the Auburn game and had switched that to the smaller TV we had setup in the room and the Gamecock game coming on the bigger one. He turned on the radio to hear who won the coin toss from Todd right as Auburn had lost the lead to Georgia by 1 point. Right after that, he passed out in my arms and from the ambulance coming and everything, he was gone from this world in less than an hour without any sort of warning signs. His heart just stopped in the ambulance and they couldn't save him.

While waiting to see if he was going to be okay in the hospital, I checked the score just to get my mind of things and saw we were losing 14-6 at the time, and soon after came the news that he was gone. I did not even care at all or know a thing until we got home and I saw that we came back and won 19-14 and I knew instantly he had something to do with that considering the time of his passing. There was absolutely no doubt in my mind. He was also so excited for us to watch the Monday Night Football Panthers game together too, and considering how that one turned out, I know he had a hand in that too somehow.

My dad was the greatest person I ever knew and was truly my best friend and always will be. He was a lurker on this site, actually was a registered member with the name lawyer302, but he never posted as he just enjoyed reading through thread after thread. He did not follow the gamethreads during the games, but he would read through EVERY page once they were over. He just enjoyed it that much. I thought I would just share this with you. He attended USC and he is the reason why I love the Gamecocks like I do and led to me not wanting to go to anywhere but the school for both undergrad and graduate school. I am burying him with one of the two National Championship baseballs we bought together and I know he will be so happy up there when the Gamecocks win that first SEC Title and National Championship in football.

We watched almost every Gamecocks, Braves, or Panthers game together, whether in person or talking on the phone while they were on while I was away in college. It's going to be awhile before I'll be able to bring myself to watch one, but I know he'll be there sitting beside me watching when I am ready, cheering on his favorite teams. That first step will be to watch that Florida game so I can truly feel where I know he made an impact in the game for me. Sorry for the long rant, but I just wanted to honor him in some way on a site he absolutely loved.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:50 PM   #2
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 500
LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material
Default Re: I just lost one of the biggest Gamecock fans there ever was

God bless...sending you and yours all the peace and strength I can from me and mine.
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:56 PM   #3
JohnnyR2211
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 756
JohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudlyJohnnyR2211 is crowing loudly

Sorry to hear that!
JohnnyR2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:56 PM   #4
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Prayers for you and your family.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:56 PM   #5
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

I considered my dad (like you ) to be the biggest Gamecock fan I've ever
met. He was the reason my blood runs Garnet now. He too was 56 when
God called him home in 1984. God be with you and your family and may
his presence be a comfort to you all. Hang on to those good memories
and he'll always be present.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:57 PM   #6
TheMule
Br Ba

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
TheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot materialTheMule is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to TheMule

I'm sorry for your loss. Treasure all of the wonderful memories as they will be both a comfort and a joy to you all of your life. Prayers.

gt
Here's to you, Feisty and Spurd&Fthrd.
TheMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:05 PM   #7
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1706674488
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Sorry for your loss, praying for you and your family

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:41 PM   #8
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Sorry for your loss and ours. His Gamecock pride will live on in yoo.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:45 PM   #9
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Sorry to hear that man. That's a hard loss.

He, Sputs dad and my Aunt Debbie can hang out together in Heaven and watch the Clemson game. I've told this many times here, but the night before her funeral, was the night USC beat #1 Kentucky in basketball. I'd like to think she had a little hand in that.

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:56 PM   #10
MACXIMVS
mac'in aint easy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Avatar 
CockyCash: 12700
MACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot material

Prayers to you and sounds like u are a great son and person and he was a great father and man . Reading that made me think about times I spend with my son
Thanks and godbless

MACXIMVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:12 AM   #11
markymark550
Bowl MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

So very sorry for your loss. Sending prayers for you and your family.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:29 AM   #12
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Far too young. May God bless and be with him and your family.

Saturday was a sad day for me as well....my Dad died 3 years ago Saturday......
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:29 AM   #13
OldPat
Blue Chip

Male

OldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot materialOldPat is USC mascot material

7689, rants are often accompanied by rancor between the poster's words. I only saw love between yours.

November 16, 2013......Gamecock Heaven...+1.
OldPat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:46 AM   #14
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

Am so sorry to hear that. God be with you and your family.
Old 11-20-2013, 02:35 AM   #15
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Here's a health Carolina, forever to thee...
Old 11-20-2013, 06:56 AM   #16
Legalman72
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 21358950
Legalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot materialLegalman72 is USC mascot material

Very sorry to hear about your loss.

I lost my dad, a true Gamecock, when he was 55. I feel your pain and am praying for you and your family.

God bless.
Legalman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:48 AM   #17
CockinAthens
Behind enemy lines

Male

CockyCash: 382300
CockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot materialCockinAthens is USC mascot material

Sorry for your loss. Sounds like Gamecock nation lost a good one.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:30 AM   #18
SanAntonioCock
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 221039
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Thoughts and prayers. Wish I would have known your dad.

Never forget the "y" ...and so forth.
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:24 PM   #19
lencho30
KOLA

Male

CockyCash: 4200
lencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot materiallencho30 is USC mascot material

Sorry for your loss. You have some lasting memories to enjoy.
Old 11-20-2013, 01:47 PM   #20
5150harley
Sandlapper Pools

Male

5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material

Sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing your wonderful experiences with your dad.