CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
taylorssc
ZenUSC
WeStillOwnUSC
Coulwoodwarlord
SCohioBoy
Yearofthegamecock
TAFC 5 1981
gamecock88
LeeSC
Kentucky prediction (2166)
Just Booked my Hotel (1441)
Best position coach (901)
Waldrop doubtful for (883)
The New Idea That'll (758)
We Have A New KO Guy (710)
Serial Cat Killer Ca (494)
I'm over the loss, b (320)
Optimism? Week 1-4 o (299)
So What? (291)
What fish do you eat
Waldrop doubtful for Kent
If we loose to Kensucky..
One dimensional QB
I'm over the loss, but...
Kentucky prediction
QB Recruiting Strategy
400 pasing yards
The New Idea That'll Fix
4th & 1 Play

Old 11-20-2013, 01:10 AM   #1
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material
Default My son's first Willy B game !!!

So my son's birthday is this weekend and I am taking him to his first Gamecock game beside the spring game. I am very excited but would like to find out a few things.

One.. is where to park
Two.. is where to be for the gamecock walk
Three.. any great places to hang out and tailgate before the game ( family environment)

Just curious I would really like for him to have a great experience for his first game.
SpecOps Cock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:17 AM   #2
boowilliam4
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 400
boowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talonsboowilliam4 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: My son's first Willy B game !!!

I would get a one game pass for the farmers market for about $30, that way you would literally be right beside the gamecock walk. That's where i tailgate and it's so much nicer than the fairgrounds.
Old 11-20-2013, 01:21 AM   #3
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

SpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot materialSpecOps Cock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by boowilliam4 View Post
I would get a one game pass for the farmers market for about $30, that way you would literally be right beside the gamecock walk. That's where i tailgate and it's so much nicer than the fairgrounds.
Do I need to get one tomorrow or can I do it the day of. Also if I can do it the day of do I need to be up there very early.
Old 11-20-2013, 01:23 AM   #4
bravecock524
Nesemiea

Male

CockyCash: 40960
bravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPitbravecock524 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecOps Cock View Post
Do I need to get one tomorrow or can I do it the day of. Also if I can do it the day of do I need to be up there very early.
They have general admission parking day of in the back of the farmers market you will want to take National Guard Road to the last entrance. It cost 40 dollars to park there.
bravecock524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:28 AM   #5
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

why does everyone call it the farmers market still...it is called "The Gamecock Park"/ "Garnet Way"

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:30 AM   #6
GamecockMomSC
Sweet Carolina Girl

Female

CockyCash: 101194810
GamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
why does everyone call it the farmers market still...it is called "The Gamecock Park"/ "Garnet Way"
We are stubborn South Carolinians who do not adjust well to change. In fifty years, it will still be the old farmers market area.

GamecockMomSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:21 AM   #7
Spur's Addiction
Been caught moddin'...

Male

Spur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot materialSpur's Addiction is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
Hard to change habits. It was the farmers market for as long as anyone can remember.

When you say farmers market everyone knows exactly what you mean. Gamecock park. I bet half the fans would need to guess.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:47 AM   #8
dumpyloser
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 994
dumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talonsdumpyloser has developed his gaff and talons

The walk is usually 2 hours before kickoff and everything u will want will be right there where they told u to park.
Old 11-20-2013, 08:53 AM   #9
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

CockyCash: 999762
bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

I park at Olympia school, easy in and out after the game. 5 minute walk to the Gamecock Village/Stadium. Olympia is great for families because they tell people no alcohol, they don't enforce the policy unless somebody is just being a a-hole, so it keeps it a lot more kid friendly. Plenty of space to set up a tent, some chairs, and a grill. Large grass area to throw the ball around in. $20 and they have RCSD doing security for the lot during the game and stopping traffic for you to get out after the game.

bigdog2003 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:01 AM   #10
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

If you can stand walking a little farther, there is $10 parking on Bluff Industrial behind Bernie's.

Have a good time with your son Saturday. Hopefully we're all going home happy.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:10 PM   #11
SpecOps Cock
Banned

Male

TO many choices. I probably will go with the farmers market, unless they are filled up. I have a couple of friends that park all over so maybe I can grab a spot besides them. I really appreciate all of you guys and the input.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:51 PM   #12
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog2003 View Post
I park at Olympia school, easy in and out after the game. 5 minute walk to the Gamecock Village/Stadium. Olympia is great for families because they tell people no alcohol, they don't enforce the policy unless somebody is just being a a-hole, so it keeps it a lot more kid friendly. Plenty of space to set up a tent, some chairs, and a grill. Large grass area to throw the ball around in. $20 and they have RCSD doing security for the lot during the game and stopping traffic for you to get out after the game.
Does it fill up fast?

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:55 PM   #13
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

This is my son's first game also. Not sure how old your son is, but mine is 7. he has been to Spring Games, but this is the first real one.

I want to do the Gamecock Walk. 2 hours before kickoff, correct?

Old 11-20-2013, 12:58 PM   #14
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

bigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot materialbigdog2003 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
Does it fill up fast?
Not really, and if it does fill up they will open the second lot at the front of the school. For a game against Coastal, I wouldn't worry about it filling up.

Old 11-20-2013, 01:07 PM   #15
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

Quote:
Not really, and if it does fill up they will open the second lot at the front of the school. For a game against Coastal, I wouldn't worry about it filling up.
What is the best route to take to get there? The times that I have passed by, it has been by the side road adjacent to the road that passes right in front of Sewell's

Old 11-20-2013, 02:05 PM   #16
bigdog2003
Future Coaching Legend

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000grad View Post
What is the best route to take to get there? The times that I have passed by, it has been by the side road adjacent to the road that passes right in front of Sewell's
I come straight down Huger and turn like going to the stadium. School will be on the left.

Old 11-20-2013, 02:55 PM   #17
palmettosc
hypnotoad

Male

CockyCash: 1200
palmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot material

Quote:
I come straight down Huger and turn like going to the stadium. School will be on the left.
It will be on the right if you're heading from Huger to Olympia.
palmettosc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:57 PM   #18
usc90grad
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 420000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

Taking my kids as well, but they've been to several games. Take lots of pics man.
usc90grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #19
gamecockjay
Blue Chip

Male

gamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPit

My boys 1st real game as well and I cant wait.
Old 11-20-2013, 07:04 PM   #20
SpuroftheMoment
4-Star

Male

SpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his combSpuroftheMoment is developing his comb

Wow, so this will be my son's first sporting event of any kind. He will be 4 in December so I am not expecting much. He is going with another 3 year old girl to help "keep him occupied" at the tailgate and hopefully inside the game. He's know who the Gamecocks are, can name and point out Clowney and Mike Davis, and knows the U-S-C Goooo Cocks cheer. I'm thinking he will have a blast. I'm going to try and get in an hour early prior to kickoff when they are out on the field warming up. See if he can get a high five from a player or Cocky. If he can't behave his little butt will be going home, but we're going to give it a shot. Thsi is the game to try it out.