CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
jch81
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
ConwayGamecock
johnnyb
thumpin big
Carolina-Beez
Shaq Roland (2955)
clemson game time: N (2105)
**USC Women vs. San (1498)
The Defense (1249)
Women's soccer Sweet (1236)
Mason Rudolph starti (761)
3,000 / 1,000 / 1,00 (734)
2014 Charleston Clas (542)
injury report? (508)
Tenn-Mizzou game (450)
2014 Charleston Classic:
The Defense
For Discussing The Clemso
In case no one saw...
USC/clemson spread
**USC vs. South Alabama G
Texans getting frustrated
2015 Commitment - Marquav
Huge recruiting weekend
Shaq Roland

Old 11-20-2013, 09:51 AM   #1
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material
Default looking ahead to 2014, our schedule

Is pretty brutal... Road games at auburn, fla, and clemson.. home games against Texas A&M, Georgia, Missouri and Tennessee..

With that schedule i will take 9 wins and feel like i stole something. brutal.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:54 AM   #2
evilpoptart
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
evilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudlyevilpoptart is crowing loudly
Send a message via AIM to evilpoptart
Default Re: looking ahead to 2014, our schedule

@Auburn and Mizzou at home will be a load. Georgia, Clemson, and TAMU all lose a lot of key personel next year.

Tennessee will still suck and Florida will still be offensively challenged as long as muschamp is there.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:57 AM   #3
Carolina-Beez
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talons

I wouldn't call the home schedule brutal. We get A&M and Georgia early, when they'll both be breaking in new quarterbacks. The road schedule is tough. A victory over Vandy is no longer a given.
Carolina-Beez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:03 AM   #4
The O.G.
Banned

Male

The O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudly

Oooooooooo, forgot we play you next year at home! Should be fun! :P
The O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:10 AM   #5
IslandCock
Go! Fight! Win! Kick ASS!

Male

CockyCash: 13701490
IslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudlyIslandCock is crowing loudly

Will be making my first trip to the Plains. Already excited for the road trip.
IslandCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:14 AM   #6
SR4-AJ1
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 9708333
SR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudlySR4-AJ1 is crowing loudly

Thinking about heading out to the plains myself next year. This time can we please not screw ourselves over against AU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SR4-AJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:16 AM   #7
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Auburn is a fun road trip. Went down there in 2010 when we played them.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:43 AM   #8
bcolinc
Blue Chip

Male

bcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudlybcolinc is crowing loudly

I love next years setup; especially with the team we will be fielding.
Old 11-20-2013, 11:02 AM   #9
cockymac
I was the white shadow.

Male

CockyCash: 300500
cockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot materialcockymac is USC mascot material

We won't be as good next year. Gone will be Shaw, Clowney, Quarles, Hampton, Sutton, and Legree. That's our starting qb, 3/4ths of the defensive line, and both corners.
cockymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:16 AM   #10
92Pony
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 1015010
92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb92Pony is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockymac View Post
We won't be as good next year. Gone will be Shaw, Clowney, Quarles, Hampton, Sutton, and Legree. That's our starting qb, 3/4ths of the defensive line, and both corners.
That's a LOT of talent and experience. But, backups for those positions have gotten lots of reps and experience as well. Think Thompson, Dixon-44, Dixon-92, Surratt, Darius English, P. Dukes, plus all of the DBs I've seen on the field. Not saying the losses won't hurt, but I believe we'll maybe be okay. Plus, our LBs from this year will have a full yr of experience and another spring/fall under their belts. Hoping for the best!
92Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:24 AM   #11
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Pony View Post
That's a LOT of talent and experience. But, backups for those positions have gotten lots of reps and experience as well. Think Thompson, Dixon-44, Dixon-92, Surratt, Darius English, P. Dukes, plus all of the DBs I've seen on the field. Not saying the losses won't hurt, but I believe we'll maybe be okay. Plus, our LBs from this year will have a full yr of experience and another spring/fall under their belts. Hoping for the best!
You also forgot to include Kelsey Griffin, Abu Lamin, Jhaustin Thomas (who is now 6'7" and 270lbs DE) and Deon Greene on the DL next year. We will have plenty of talent there. Also another year for Rico McWilliams, TJ Gurley, Ronnie Martin to heal from their injuries. Lack of talent won't be a problem on the D. Just need to get them experience. Spurrier said already that he thinks the D will be better next year. On O, we only lose Shaw and Patrick really. With a senior Dylan Thomas and the redshirting OL (like Naty, Park), we will be fine.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:30 AM   #12
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The O.G. View Post
Oooooooooo, forgot we play you next year at home! Should be fun! :P
Just curious, do you guys think Tre Mason will go pro?
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:31 AM   #13
Lonnie
Band

Male

Lonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot materialLonnie is USC mascot material

Win Anyway...

Lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:33 AM   #14
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
Is pretty brutal... Road games at auburn, fla, and clemson.. home games against Texas A&M, Georgia, Missouri and Tennessee..

With that schedule i will take 9 wins and feel like i stole something. brutal.
I like it. Isn't the A&M game the first game? If so, that will most likely be a top 10 match up to start the season, we win that one and we'll be in a great position to make the play-offs. 9 wins won't cut it unless we can get to ATL and win.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:45 AM   #15
The O.G.
Banned

Male

The O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
Just curious, do you guys think Tre Mason will go pro?
I'm hoping not. We'd still have Cameron Artis-Payne and Corey Grant. Peyton Barber looks like he'd be a good replacement.
The O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #16
GarnetArmy07
Legen...DARY

Male

CockyCash: 1101221
GarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot materialGarnetArmy07 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandCock View Post
Will be making my first trip to the Plains. Already excited for the road trip.

Had a very good experience the last time. Fans are good and that place gets rockin'.
GarnetArmy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:02 PM   #17
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Pony View Post
We will def. have depth.
I'm real excited to see how Gerald Dixon improves as a DE, and I think Thomas starts day one if he gets in (English just won't be heavy enough by then I don't think).

Offensive line will be a conern I think....probably lose Robinson with Patrick.
I think we def. look more pro-style next year on offense with Dylan running the show.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:41 PM   #18
Carolina-Beez
Two Deep

Male

Carolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina-Beez has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by henmania View Post
You also forgot to include Kelsey Griffin, Abu Lamin, Jhaustin Thomas (who is now 6'7" and 270lbs DE) and Deon Greene on the DL next year. We will have plenty of talent there. Also another year for Rico McWilliams, TJ Gurley, Ronnie Martin to heal from their injuries. Lack of talent won't be a problem on the D. Just need to get them experience. Spurrier said already that he thinks the D will be better next year. On O, we only lose Shaw and Patrick really. With a senior Dylan Thomas and the redshirting OL (like Naty, Park), we will be fine.
What are the chances of Pharoh Cooper moving back to defense? We could use a big time player in the defensive backfield. Wide receiver should be a strength next year.
Carolina-Beez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:55 PM   #19
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

It will def. be some interesting teams next year.

In the East:
Murray, 3/5 of the Oline and possibly a new DC for UGA.

Florida will still be a trainwreck on offense, and could have a lot of guys on D go to the NFL early (Cummings, Orr, Powell, Roberson, Purifoy, Riggs and Watkins is a senior).

Might need our resident Vol fan, but Tennessee is likely losing their entire offensive line, defensive line and likely all three LBs (assuming AJ Johnson goes pro).

Vandy may have a new coach, is losing QB, RB, all 3 WR, LT and seven defensive starters.

Kentucky I think will be better, and will probably finish ahead of UT and Vandy.

Mizzou loses Franklin, a WR, 2 OL, all 3 LBs, 3/4 of secondary, Sam and the other five are all draft eligible.

We of course lose Connor, Clowney, Quarles, Hampton, Legree, Patrick, and probably Robinson (I think Cann may stay, a pretty heavy guard class coming out this year..as well as Shell, needs work on pass blocking).

Just looking at that, I think we have another very good shot to win the East (hopefully our third division title) and I wouldn't be surprised if we are the favorite (us or UGA).
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Roosterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:55 PM   #20
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterboy View Post
We will def. have depth.
I'm real excited to see how Gerald Dixon improves as a DE, and I think Thomas starts day one if he gets in (English just won't be heavy enough by then I don't think).

Offensive line will be a conern I think....probably lose Robinson with Patrick.
I think we def. look more pro-style next year on offense with Dylan running the show.

From what I have heard, Robinson is not going. He is too slow for the NFL to play tackle. He needs to show them he can move faster or move to guard for the NFL.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote