CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
b381l
Clowneygotcha
Gamecocks1137
gamecockgal
Evilchicken3
spareparts
Acockolypse Now
Badazcock
eightohhthree
StormOfTalons
Mike Davis (3270)
Terrible Officiating (1821)
Cack's Toast of the (1732)
Acock's Wrap Up: Geo (1539)
If (big IF) we can w (1361)
USC -21 and a hook @ (1277)
Elliott Fry crushes (1255)
No Gurley near the g (1211)
Most Spirited Fan (918)
How the top 25 SHOUL (855)
ESPN is mad that USC beat
Corey Robinson SEC Offens
Tired of night games
If (big IF) we can win bi
Been a pleasure talking w
No Gurley near the goal l
The SEC East schedule fro
Beasley, Sack God
Acock's Wrap Up: Georgia
Most Spirited Fan

Old 11-21-2013, 12:25 PM   #1
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
LakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudly
Default SEC Championship Game tickets question

Saw on another board that only 11,000 requests of the 15,900 available allotment were made by Gamecock Club members for SECCG tickets. If true, this means anyone that asked for a ticket will get it.

Anyone else hear this?
LakeMonticelloCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:35 PM   #2
Gamecock1983
I kill threads.

Male

CockyCash: 10204
Gamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPitGamecock1983 rules the CockPit
Default Re: SEC Championship Game tickets question

I don't know how if those numbers include however many student tickets they provide, or room for the band (around 500 seats, most likely). But, even with those it sounds like there would be plenty of tickets to accommodate requests and perhaps sale to the general public.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:39 PM   #3
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

LakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudlyLakeMonticelloCock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock1983 View Post
I don't know how if those numbers include however many student tickets they provide, or room for the band (around 500 seats, most likely). But, even with those it sounds like there would be plenty of tickets to accommodate requests and perhaps sale to the general public.
The person that posted it said everyone who made a request will get a ticket. He also said that USC would start filling demands for people who ordered multiple tickets

I only have 46 points, but put in for a request thinking I wouldn't get a ticket. If this is true I will be happy.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #4
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

I take it that this still would not be enough excess for non GCC members to purchase tickets?
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:12 PM   #5
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
I take it that this still would not be enough excess for non GCC members to purchase tickets?
There's no way a non Gamecock Club member would get tickets unless they went through a site like Stub Hub where you will pay way over face.

If the GCC didn't sell out its allotment they will put the remaining tickets up for sale to GCC members again and they will sale them out.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:27 AM   #6
vegasmark
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 210
vegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talonsvegasmark has developed his gaff and talons

I ordered 2 and my GC rep said I would have no problem. I am a first yr Roost level member.

Amazing, because I paid $300 per seat in 2010.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:08 AM   #7
CockyATO
Flipping Recruits

Male

CockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talonsCockyATO has developed his gaff and talons

Just talked to my rep. Heads up for Century level members: You are only allowed 2 SEC Champ tickets. The site will let you request up to 8, but it only shows up on their side as 2.

Looks like my buddies are out of luck, just me and the girl this time

Another N00k production
CockyATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:13 AM   #8
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

Can we call someone and find out if this is true? I requested two thinking I would be outta luck. This would be awesome.
treys1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:17 AM   #9
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 117561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by treys1986 View Post
Can we call someone and find out if this is true? I requested two thinking I would be outta luck. This would be awesome.
Here is the number for the gamecock club. 803-777-4276.

Knock yourself out.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:25 AM   #10
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material

I had my account t representatives number laying around somewhere and can't find it anywhere now.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:26 AM   #11
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

I'll throw this out there already. I am not a GC member, but have made travel arrangements for the game, including hotel and airfare. Any of you guys who get extra tickets and need to offload them, please remember me.
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #12
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly

We will sell out our allotment IF it is announced that we win the East. If Mizzou loses to Ole Miss on Saturday, expect it to be sold out come Monday
SirBigSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:42 AM   #13
Cocky Garnet
Walk On

Male

Cocky Garnet is sharpening his clawsCocky Garnet is sharpening his clawsCocky Garnet is sharpening his clawsCocky Garnet is sharpening his clawsCocky Garnet is sharpening his claws

While I'll be happy if this proves to be true and I get tickets as a result, it's a little disappointing. 80K in W-B, but 11K three hours of driving west? $100 face to GcC and cheapest ones on StubHub right now are $235. Maybe some folks only want to go if we take care of Clemson first? Sure, we'd be underdogs against UA or AU, but it's not as if it hasn't happened before. I figured fans would be chomping at the bit to have a chance to be there to watch USC win its first ever SEC. And don't forget if you're there live you don't have to listen to Gary Danielson call the HBC "Steve."
Cocky Garnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:56 AM   #14
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky Garnet View Post
While I'll be happy if this proves to be true and I get tickets as a result, it's a little disappointing. 80K in W-B, but 11K three hours of driving west? $100 face to GcC and cheapest ones on StubHub right now are $235. Maybe some folks only want to go if we take care of Clemson first? Sure, we'd be underdogs against UA or AU, but it's not as if it hasn't happened before. I figured fans would be chomping at the bit to have a chance to be there to watch USC win its first ever SEC. And don't forget if you're there live you don't have to listen to Gary Danielson call the HBC "Steve."
And student tickets are $60!
SirBigSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:02 AM   #15
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocky Garnet View Post
Fans probably waiting to see if Mizzou loses.

God, I'm butthurt that I didn't join GCC this year. I was in it last year at the minimum level (Roost I think?), but decided on doing a mini pack this year instead of season tickets to save money. I could have just joined GCC, got the mini pack AND clemson tickets AND SECCG tickets. Now, I'll have to pay 3x face or more for decent SECCG tickets so I end up spending more money for less. So lame. You live and learn I suppose.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:07 AM   #16
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

I spoke to my rep and he said a lot of people have just been waiting to see if we punch our ticket. However, they had to allot them based on requests received. Thus, folks at lower levels that requested them ended up benefiting.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:15 AM   #17
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 4524
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

You have to remember that only a certain percentage of tickets are actually on sale. Many fans from other schools buy them in advance. I've seen several tickets in the paper at work for sale by uga fans who bought them after last year's game.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:24 AM   #18
LakeMonticelloCock
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
You have to remember that only a certain percentage of tickets are actually on sale. Many fans from other schools buy them in advance. I've seen several tickets in the paper at work for sale by uga fans who bought them after last year's game.
15,900 is our allotment. Of that I'd say about 14,500 are actually on sale as tickets are given to the band, parents, and high level admins.

So if we've had 11,000 requests for 14,500 tickets that isn't bad. The requests will go up after we clinch the East.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:30 AM   #19
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1706674460
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockInHell View Post
yep, lots of people from the area buy them annually and just resell them for a profit if "their" team isnt playing...I am pretty sure on of our resident bulldog posters family do this, seems like he has discussed it before. Part of the reasoning behind this is that there is a several year long waiting list to get tickets.

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:59 AM   #20
GoFightWin
Walk On

Male

GoFightWin has feathers coming inGoFightWin has feathers coming inGoFightWin has feathers coming in

Called in today to make sure our address was right since we just moved and the lady said they were still processing the paper applications that came in but that yes, everyone that put in the first wave should get them.
GoFightWin is offline   Reply With Quote