CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
taylorssc
Gamecocks321
doubledribble
GarnetSwarm1990
Lonnie
Cocks N Stuff
johnnyb
El Cid Ranger
So Disappointed With (2014)
Rank the QBs under S (1455)
Back like cooked cra (1059)
Tennessee game (678)
Who start on the d l (643)
No Comments on the H (501)
Google finally gets (471)
Squats (379)
lack of production= (377)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (185)
Gamecock football Long Te
Rank the QBs under Spurri
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Call of Duty: Advanced Wa
So Disappointed With The
Thoughts on the basketbal
Back like cooked crack
Why I think we beat Aubur
SEC Debate: Best candidat

Old 11-21-2013, 05:50 PM   #1
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3896416
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material
Default pinball is illegal in sc

was reading an article about a town in cali that has made it illegal to smoke in your own house or apartment if you have a common wall with a neighbor and I came across this absurdity. It is illegal for a minor to play pinball in sc.And this is not some antiquated law either it took effect in 2009. this was put in on the act about minors in pool halls. But that has qualifications and allowances not pinball though.
Quote:
South Carolina Code 63-19-2430. Playing pinball
It is unlawful for a minor under the age of eighteen to play a pinball machine.

Legislative history
2008 Act No. 361, Section 2.
http://www.lawserver.com/law/state/s...ode_63-19-2430
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:00 PM   #2
TheUSCMike
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 4250
TheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot materialTheUSCMike is USC mascot material
Default Re: pinball is illegal in sc

Yes Sir we got trouble

TheUSCMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:17 PM   #3
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Old 11-21-2013, 06:34 PM   #4
GamecockMomSC
Sweet Carolina Girl

Female

CockyCash: 101194810
GamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot materialGamecockMomSC is USC mascot material

I'm reporting Chuck E Cheese in Florence. When the police confiscate their Elvis pinball machine, I'll buy it cheap at the auction. That baby will be mine!

Seriously though, pinball illegal? That is so dumb.
GamecockMomSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:22 PM   #5
gamecockjay
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
gamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPitgamecockjay rules the CockPit

Pinball machines were classified as a gambling device I believe and many places made cash payouts based on your score.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:33 PM   #6
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

The old BINGO pinball machines were great! You could gamble for quite a while on a roll of nickels.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:19 PM   #7
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
SECTION 63-19-2420. Loitering in a billiard room.

It is unlawful for a person under eighteen years of age to loiter in a billiard or pocket billiard room or to play billiards or pocket billiards in a billiard room unless accompanied by the person's parent or guardian or with the written consent of the person's parent or guardian. A person violating this section or Chapter 11 of Title 52 or any billiard room proprietor or manager who permits such a violation must be fined not less than ten nor more than one hundred dollars or be imprisoned not less than two days nor more than thirty days. In the event the keeper of a billiard room is of the opinion that a person desiring admission is under the age of eighteen years the keeper shall require the person to certify the person's age in writing. It is a misdemeanor, punishable by a fine of not less than twenty-five nor more than one hundred dollars, for a minor to make a false certificate of age or use a forged permit from the minor's parent or guardian
all this in regards to pool halls but pinball is short and sweet and to the point. no pinball.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:43 PM   #8
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 28000
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

"pocket billiards" is illegal in most public places
Old 11-21-2013, 09:53 PM   #9
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH View Post
"pocket billiards" is illegal in most public places
bazinga
Old 11-21-2013, 10:43 PM   #10
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockMomSC View Post
I'm reporting Chuck E Cheese in Florence. When the police confiscate their Elvis pinball machine, I'll buy it cheap at the auction. That baby will be mine!
The pinball machine won't be illegal, just the persons playing it under the age of 18. So if you called the cops, they would sit there and give citations to all the kids that stuck a quarter in.

Seriously though, any arcades still around should be made aware of this, or have arcade exceptions made or something. I flat out don't understand the point. The only pinball machines I come in contact with (at the Red Door Tavern on State Street in West Columbia) the only potential for a 'pay out' is to get lucky and get a 'match' or score high enough to win a free game. I don't know why kids couldn't play them?
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:39 AM   #11
BleedsGarnet
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
BleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spurs

There is a difference between pinball and "Flipper" pinball.

Gambling pinball doesn't have, or didn't used to have flippers. I had an uncle that was a "Pinball Wizard" and he taught me a few tricks of the trade.
BleedsGarnet is offline   Reply With Quote