CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > iCocky

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
roosterdude21
Cockypantherfan
i29gman
Lalli25
F4rpoole
Spur's Addiction
sporkgod50
GH
GoldenSpur7
b381l
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (1746)
The #AskEmmert Q& (532)
Stadium Ratings-Site (360)
Peach Bowl name retu (253)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!! (252)
Construction of Worl (251)
Save Electricity By (203)
HELP calculating acr (177)
How Experienced In P (113)
Salut Salon "We (60)
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
2015 - Tommy Hatton
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez
2015 - Davon Durant
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
Jameis Winston's Accuser
Stadium Ratings-Site rate
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
The #AskEmmert Q&A Is
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB

Old 11-22-2013, 10:01 AM   #1
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 101109992
diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit
Default X1 launch...anybody else grab theirs yet?

heading to gamestop to pick mine up.

epic gaming to commence shortly.

diehardgamecock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:25 AM   #2
usc_yogi
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 200
usc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudlyusc_yogi is crowing loudly
Default Re: X1 launch...anybody else grab theirs yet?

Have fun. Even though I am a PS fan, I still would like to hear some objective feedback on the Xbone. I saw reports on twitter last night of broken disc drives. If that is true, hoepfully it is not ruining the game. Both consoles are going to have some early hiccups. I will let all you early adopters be the beta testers.
usc_yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #3
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

diehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPitdiehardgamecock rules the CockPit
Thumbs up Re: X1 launch...anybody else grab theirs yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc_yogi View Post
Have fun. Even though I am a PS fan, I still would like to hear some objective feedback on the Xbone. I saw reports on twitter last night of broken disc drives. If that is true, hoepfully it is not ruining the game. Both consoles are going to have some early hiccups. I will let all you early adopters be the beta testers.

i'm a gaming fan. both consoles are gonna be awesome and give nearly identical gaming experiences...i'm sooooooo looking forward to this gen. and yes, there will be some early hiccups. probably very limited, as with the ps4 launch.

i'll try and post up some thoughts later.

Old 11-22-2013, 11:14 AM   #4
JAYBEZ
1st Team All-SEC

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge: 2007 NCAA Bracket Challenge - Given for: 1st place Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff 
CockyCash: 127561006
JAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot materialJAYBEZ is USC mascot material

I am getting mine today. Wasnt motivated enough to do the midnight thing last night.
Old 11-22-2013, 11:21 AM   #5
Leolee
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 3820
Leolee has earned his spursLeolee has earned his spursLeolee has earned his spursLeolee has earned his spursLeolee has earned his spursLeolee has earned his spurs

picked mine up last night at midnight, hooked it up, got my tv going on it, Kinect is working, and I played a little bit of ryse. Graphics are great, the system really is quiet, controller is lighter and feels better (easy transition from 360), I'll play with more of its features after work today, no issues encountered last night.
Leolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:38 AM   #6
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYBEZ View Post
I am getting mine today. Wasnt motivated enough to do the midnight thing last night.

yeah. i wasn't doing the midnight thingy either.

Old 11-22-2013, 11:42 AM   #7
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

got mine up and running. yes, it's whisper quiet. the interface is slick, slick, slick (other than party chat, which is a two step process now: step one you get in the party, step two you have to turn party chat on). the included mic is nice...very sensitive.

installing BF4 right now...probably gonna download madden and/or nba2k14 this afternoon.

probably wait until christmas to get DR3.

Old 11-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #8
SR4-AJ1
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 10585636
SR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his comb

The main reason I would get a Box1 is for Ryse. Any of you guys that got one let me know how the gameplay is. Everything I have seen makes it look amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-22-2013, 12:29 PM   #9
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

BF4. is. amazing.

Old 11-22-2013, 12:31 PM   #10
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Review: http://reviews.cnet.com/microsoft-xb...tag=CADf1ac1b7

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:42 PM   #11
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yancey View Post

yeah. it's been getting great reviews...deservedly so.

Old 11-22-2013, 12:44 PM   #12
StretfordEnd
TURNT UP IN SECTION 18

Male

CockyCash: 500
StretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his combStretfordEnd is developing his comb

I don't have high-speed internet. Is it still worth getting?
StretfordEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #13
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by StretfordEnd View Post
I don't have high-speed internet. Is it still worth getting?

will it even work without high speed access?

Old 11-22-2013, 01:20 PM   #14
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Here are the 22 games available now: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the.../1100-6416336/

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:25 PM   #15
Metalrush24
Pro aris et focis

Male

CockyCash: 27359704
Metalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot materialMetalrush24 is USC mascot material

Should be getting it around Christmas

I'm pretty pumped about it, especially after watching a lot of videos on it
Give a larbage, throw out your garbage.
Metalrush24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:33 PM   #16
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1731774588
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardgamecock View Post
will it even work without high speed access?
I know at one point they announced that it would not need to have a constant HS connection, but you would need it to perform the inital set up of the box
Old 11-22-2013, 01:53 PM   #17
Cockypantherfan
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1627
Cockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot materialCockypantherfan is USC mascot material

I don't know why I'm reading trough this thread. It is only making me depressed that I am not getting either the X1 or PS4 :(

I just don't have enough time now and my gf who I live with wouldn't be very happy about it.
Cockypantherfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:36 PM   #18
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

for anybody that's planning to pick up BF4 for the X1, rest assured that it DOES NOT appear to have the problems that have been plaguing the ps4 version...64 player goodness is alive and kicking.

and again...it's amazing.

the 60 fps is absolutely insane compared to the current gen releases of that game.

Old 11-22-2013, 05:00 PM   #19
diehardgamecock
1st Team All-SEC

Male

OK.....NBA 2K14 is fantastic.

And I'm going digital...at least to start. Pretty cool being able to pin the games to your home page and switch back and forth at will.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Old 11-22-2013, 05:13 PM   #20
Antiochus
Evil...It's the new Good

Male

CockyCash: 700
Antiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot materialAntiochus is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardgamecock View Post
for anybody that's planning to pick up BF4 for the X1, rest assured that it DOES NOT appear to have the problems that have been plaguing the ps4 version...64 player goodness is alive and kicking.

and again...it's amazing.

the 60 fps is absolutely insane compared to the current gen releases of that game.
From what I understand, the x1 version does have at least some of the issues. I would wait to start a SP campaign.

Antiochus is offline   Reply With Quote