CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
Gamecocks1137
Aggie96
mpilot0705
Bed Sores
Carolina4Life
Spurticus
johnnyb
TheUniversityofSC
ReadR00ster
The Field (2412)
I hope Coach Spurrie (1847)
Anyone watching pti (1214)
One of the great thi (1210)
GAME (1136)
Spurticus has some e (1089)
SDS/Garcia: Entertai (954)
Aggies En Route (912)
Spurticus has some e (834)
Death in the family (798)
Work Today Efficient?
Here is the trophy for th
Death in the family
**USC vs. Texas A&M G
"We Believe" st
SEC Game of the Week
Let's talk Italian
Sites to watch game overs
GUESS WHAT DAY IT IS ?
Name a Gamecock

Old 11-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #1
ipull4usc
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 500
ipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPitipull4usc rules the CockPit
Default Greatest Movies of the 1980s

Here is my list of Greatest Movies of the 1980s:

T-10. The Elephant Man
T-10. Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
9. Airplane!
8. Platoon
7. Amadeus
6. The Naked Gun
5. Lonesome Dove (technically a TV mini-series)
4. Caddyshack
3. Die Hard
2. Back to the Future
1. Raiders of the Lost Ark

-- George Burns
ipull4usc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 05:34 PM   #2
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material
Default Re: Greatest Movies of the 1980s

This one was harder than I thought it would be...even though there are some absolutes that just had to make my list:

The Shining
This is Spinal Tap
Glory
Blade Runner
A Christmas Story
Brazil
Full Metal Jacket
Raising Arizona
The Killing Fields
Blood Simple
Stand by Me
Platoon
Hoosiers

I'm sure I'm missing some but that's all I got right now.
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:17 PM   #3
johnmcclane
my wife is awesome

Male

CockyCash: 100500
johnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot materialjohnmcclane is USC mascot material

DIE HARD and RAIDERS and GHOSTBUSTERS and BACK TO THE FUTURE are beyond a shadow of the doubt, the best films of the 80s.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:20 PM   #4
taylorssc
Game MVP

Male

taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material

No Goonies or Short Circuit? I'd also add anything with Jeff Goldblum and Police Academy.
taylorssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:32 PM   #5
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
CockyCash: 100200
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

In no particular order:

Fast Times at Ridgemont High
The Terminator
Back To the Future (trilogy)
Raising Arizona
Die Hard
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Short Circuit
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Bull Durham
Field of Dreams
Caddyshack
Ghostbusters
Stripes
Old 11-22-2013, 08:37 PM   #6
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Football Poster Nascar Contest Segment 2 Winner: Winner - Given for: Winning Nascar Segment 2 Football Poster 2005: Award given for the best football related poster - Given for: being voted the best football poster of 2005 
Spurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot materialSpurticus is USC mascot material

Wow The 80s was L O A D E D !!!

Major League
For Love of the Game
The Natural
Total Recall
Trading Places
Nightmare on Elm Street
All The Right Moves
Encino Man
Old 11-22-2013, 10:40 PM   #7
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Hello...The Breakfast Club????

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:20 AM   #8
MACXIMVS
mac'in aint easy

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Avatar 
CockyCash: 12700
MACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot materialMACXIMVS is USC mascot material

Thanks spirt
The terminator

MACXIMVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 01:41 AM   #9
TaterHater1984
The Original Tater Hater

Male

CockyCash: 100000
TaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to TaterHater1984

There's definitely some good ones in here. Gotta add Dead Poets Society.
TaterHater1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:38 AM   #10
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

In no particular order:

Goonies
The Burbs
Big
The Breakfast Club
Weird Science
Ghostbusters
Back to the Future
Stand By Me
The Princess Bride
A CHRISTMAS STORY (you'll shoot your eye out)
bryarx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:56 PM   #11
GoldenSpur7
Praemonitus praemunitus

Male

CockyCash: 401
GoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot materialGoldenSpur7 is USC mascot material

Blade Runner
Blue Velvet
River's Edge
Brazil
Repo man
Angel Heart
Platoon
Drugstore Cowboy
Crimes and Misdemeanors
Raging Bull
GoldenSpur7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #12
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 26100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

Since nobody else has mentioned it, I will.

Bachelor Party will be on my list along with most of those mentioned here.
Old 11-23-2013, 01:24 PM   #13
RGHoskins
I'm Bad. I'm Nationwide!

Male

CockyCash: 26000805
RGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot materialRGHoskins is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to RGHoskins

Seriously, no Vacation?

- Rick H-

Rest in Peace Jaymie, aka Feistyminx and C- Girl.
RGHoskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 01:35 PM   #14
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4445916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Plains trains and automobiles
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:34 PM   #15
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryarx View Post
In no particular order:

Goonies
The Burbs
Big
The Breakfast Club
Weird Science
Ghostbusters
Back to the Future
Stand By Me
The Princess Bride
A CHRISTMAS STORY (you'll shoot your eye out)
Old 11-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #16
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

Risky Business
Road House
Top Gun
Southern Comfort !
Cross Roads (The Joe Seneca Movie)
Quicksilver
Red Dawn
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
Old 11-23-2013, 04:09 PM   #17
CaptainCock91
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 495
CaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot materialCaptainCock91 is USC mascot material

Nobody has even mentioned Airplane!?
Old 11-23-2013, 04:12 PM   #18
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCock91 View Post
Nobody has even mentioned Airplane!?
!!!!!!
That was a biggy.

Soooo many good movies in the 80s
Old 11-23-2013, 04:20 PM   #19
Spurticus
IT'S MY GAMEFACE !!

Male

Fatal Attraction
Steel Magnolias
Driving Miss Daisy
Full Metal Jacket
Mystic Pizza
Old 11-23-2013, 09:52 PM   #20
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 26100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

Another favorite not yet listed: Beastmaster