CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
b381l
COCKYTALKIN
sporkgod50
Acockolypse Now
thekob
Rooster'srule
spareparts
Lonnie
auslander
Elcid99 (2598)
PSU drops a prospect (1517)
Bad movies that are (799)
Mizzou WR suspended (601)
John Abraham DUI (565)
Best Offensive " (426)
Rokevious Watkins cu (373)
I was there, when (338)
Re-Airing South Caro (330)
Travelle Warton reti (284)
Clemson Recruiting...how
Green and Lammons
An Aggies View of the Mat
Shaw Interview: SB Nation
Mizzou WR suspended for s
Fall Camp.
2015 - Nathan Gilliam
PSU drops a prospect beca
2015 Commitment - A.J. Tu
Travelle Warton retires

Old 11-22-2013, 06:25 PM   #1
taylorssc
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material
Default Moore Family Sees 'Guardian Angel' In Photo

It's an interesting photo and story for sure. What do you guys think?

www.news9.com/story/24040049/moore-family-sees-guardian-angel-in-photo
Quote:
It looked like a regular picture of a little girl with a sparkler, but Scott McCabe saw the real firework immediately.

"I couldn't believe what I was seeing," said Scott McCabe.

McCabe's son, Nicolas, died in Plaza Towers Elementary when the tornado hit Moore on May 20.

"Nicolas loved the Fourth of July and he loved firecrackers," McCabe explained.

This past July 4th, Nicolas' cousin, Madison, had to play alone - at least that was what the family thought until a cell phone picture.

"My brother, when he saw it, he said the hair stood up on his neck," McCabe added.

When McCabe looked, he was blown away.

"I was in awe. It touched my heart," McCabe said. "It's obviously not Madison. It's obvious there are two people there or one person there and one spirit there."

McCabe said he sees two distinct figures in the photo with different skin tones and different facial features. He believes it is Nicolas behind Madison.

"I feel it, you know," McCabe said as he patted his heart. "I feel it that he's here."

Nicolas was buried in his red Plaza Towers T-shirt. McCabe said he can make out a red T-shirt on the figure behind Madison.

"They say they can't see the ugliness down here from up there, but I feel he's with me."

McCabe said he has numerous skeptics and several people have doubted what he sees, explaining that the picture is just a blurry image of a girl or too much motion for a cell phone to handle. He said none of that matters.

"They can say what they want. I believe. I believe he's watching over us," McCabe said.

taylorssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:47 PM   #2
LBC
2nd Team All-American

Male

LBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot materialLBC is USC mascot material
Default Re: Moore Family Sees 'Guardian Angel' In Photo

Terrible story but that's just the way the filmed was exposed to the light source combined with the obvious motion.

People often simply see what they want to see...and if it brings them some kind of comfort then my opinion sure as hell doesn't matter.
LBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:50 PM   #3
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBC View Post
Terrible story but that's just the way the filmed was exposed to the light source combined with the obvious motion.

People often simply see what they want to see...and if it brings them some kind of comfort then my opinion sure as hell doesn't matter.
I agree 100%.

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:02 PM   #4
johnnyb
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Male

CockyCash: 1731674488
johnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot materialjohnnyb is USC mascot material

Quote:
"They can say what they want. I believe. I believe he's watching over us," McCabe said.
this is all that matters!
Old 11-22-2013, 07:28 PM   #5
markymark550
Game MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

Quote:

Pretty much sums it up imo.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:34 PM   #6
thekob
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 100700
thekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot materialthekob is USC mascot material

Quote:

But it was a cell phone picture, not a traditional camera....does that matter? I'm not sure, just asking.
thekob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:43 PM   #7
taylorssc
Game MVP

Male

taylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot materialtaylorssc is USC mascot material

Quote:
I would normally agree but this photo doesn't convince me that it was motion blur or light source issues. Skin tone does not match, it actually seems to closely match the boys photo. Also, no trace of glasses; hair, eyebrows and face shape seem different too. While non of the facial features match, the motion blur from the sparklers maintain their color consistently throughout the photo. Also, a neckline is visible but there is no trace of the pink tank top. Instead, it looks like a black tshirt with arms visible to the sides of the girl.

Looks even less like an exposure error when you zoom in on the faces. Just my non-expert observation though. Don't know what think here.
taylorssc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #8
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

Quote:

This.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:39 PM   #9
Mr.101
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 25308312
Mr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot materialMr.101 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorssc View Post
I would normally agree but this photo doesn't convince me that it was motion blur or light source issues. Skin tone does not match, it actually seems to closely match the boys photo. Also, no trace of glasses; hair, eyebrows and face shape seem different too. While non of the facial features match, the motion blur from the sparklers maintain their color consistently throughout the photo. Also, a neckline is visible but there is no trace of the pink tank top. Instead, it looks like a black tshirt with arms visible to the sides of the girl.

Looks even less like an exposure error when you zoom in on the faces. Just my non-expert observation though. Don't know what think here.
The face is a different tone because the sparkler was closer to her at the beginning. The arms are just motion blur of her arms.
Mr.101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:20 AM   #10
BleedsGarnet
4-Star

Male

BleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spurs

If you run it through facial recognition it's two different faces. Eye width, ear height/shape, nose width/height.

Definitely not the same person.
BleedsGarnet is offline   Reply With Quote