CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
catdaddy66
Thenardier
G&B
b381l
spareparts
sporkgod50
GoldenSpur7
ReadR00ster
Cockypantherfan
Gyle41386
**USC vs. Davidson G (4672)
SEC Network "Ta (1492)
Sunday college footb (485)
Early Pre-Season wom (470)
So who was the dude (447)
Ole Miss Projected R (446)
Acock reviews the SE (433)
Kentucky Inmate Star (419)
Get the SEC Network (416)
Tennessee hires Donn (400)
**USC vs. Davidson GAME T
Does anyone have a link t
Kelcy and Vic questioned
2001 vs Sandstorm
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
SEC Network "Take It
Name a Gamecock
Ole Miss Projected RT Sta
FACIAL
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!

Old 11-23-2013, 08:40 PM   #1
1801Green
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous1801Green is making other chickens nervous
Default Willy B Concessions - Fail

Went to the game today and had a great time. Went to the concession stand at halftime and had a terrible time. We went to the stand by section 306 and waited in a relatively short line for 25 minutes.

WB consistently has the worst managed and most disorganized concessions stands of any arena or stadium I have ever been to. To call the bunch running that stand today incompetent would be an insult to incompetent people everywhere.

This has been going on for years at WB and is an embarrassment to our football program and our university. I really don't care that the people working there are volunteers and are raising money for good causes. If they can't learn to do it right, the people in charge of stadium operations need to staff those stands with folks that know what they are doing.

The fans deserve better.
1801Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:44 PM   #2
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5661799
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material
Default Re: Willy B Concessions - Fail

I really wish they would just make everything even dollar prices. Raise some from $3.50 to $4.00 and some down to $3.00. I can't understand how they can't add $3.50 and $4.50 and come up with $8. Use a calculator and still get it wrong
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:45 PM   #3
BlakelyH19
4-Star

Male

BlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPitBlakelyH19 rules the CockPit

Do they still have the problem with the doodoo ice?
Old 11-23-2013, 08:47 PM   #4
SWAGGGA
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1200
SWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudly

I agree. Lol
SWAGGGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:48 PM   #5
gamecockgal
Cave Johnson's Lemons!!!!

Female

CockyCash: 1000000
gamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakelyH19 View Post
Do they still have the problem with the doodoo ice?

I was actually wondering that. I was at the game today (the dreaded section 509) and I warned the person I was with not to fill our cups with water from the water fountains, was worried about doodoo water, LOL

CLEMSON KEYBOARD
gamecockgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:55 PM   #6
Sir Cuss
Blue Chip

Female

Sir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot material

At least they're consistent(?).

Sir Cuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:03 PM   #7
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccured View Post
I really wish they would just make everything even dollar prices. Raise some from $3.50 to $4.00 and some down to $3.00. I can't understand how they can't add $3.50 and $4.50 and come up with $8. Use a calculator and still get it wrong
that's the one thing I never understood. It slows down time because they have to add stuff up, sometimes on calculators. And then they have to do deal with coins, which means they have to get coin rolls at some point from their superior. That means they also have to spend time breaking down the coin rolls. All of that adds up and eventually, charging uneven dollar amounts ends up reducing overall sales.

Just charge even dollar amounts. The lines would FLY
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:38 PM   #8
rrsandersjr
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
rrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spursrrsandersjr has earned his spurs

The concessions are run by fundraising groups...I think that Tanner should tell them unless they improve their performance that they will lease the space to a corporate entity. There are different people working every week. Seawells runs the lounge concessions and they seem to do an ok job.
rrsandersjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:01 PM   #9
SanAntonioCock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 111606
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Doodoo ice is chalk full of good bacteria.

Never forget the "y"
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:22 PM   #10
Cockdaddy2001
Bowl MVP

Male

Cockdaddy2001 is USC mascot materialCockdaddy2001 is USC mascot materialCockdaddy2001 is USC mascot materialCockdaddy2001 is USC mascot materialCockdaddy2001 is USC mascot materialCockdaddy2001 is USC mascot materialCockdaddy2001 is USC mascot materialCockdaddy2001 is USC mascot materialCockdaddy2001 is USC mascot materialCockdaddy2001 is USC mascot materialCockdaddy2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntonioCock View Post
Doodoo ice is chalk full of good bacteria.
Doo Doo Ice makes the best liquor drinks!
Old 11-23-2013, 10:48 PM   #11
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

They were quickly running out of things too. Tanner needs to just pull the trigger and hire a staff equipped to handle the demands of a large crowd.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:48 PM   #12
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Obviously, they are happy enough with the results..
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:43 AM   #13
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

I went to the concession stand for coffee at the 2010 Arkansas game and was told they were out of hot water.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:35 AM   #14
The O.G.
Banned

Male

The O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudly

Do y'all have corporate concessions? Auburn's got Papa John's and Mama Goldberg. Though, I'm up in the club seats so they give us "free" food.
The O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:38 AM   #15
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Dont get in the cash only line lol

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 04:24 AM   #16
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The O.G. View Post
Do y'all have corporate concessions? Auburn's got Papa John's and Mama Goldberg. Though, I'm up in the club seats so they give us "free" food.
I wouldn't call it free food, you paid for the club seats.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:17 AM   #17
The O.G.
Banned

Male

The O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowneygotcha View Post
I wouldn't call it free food, you paid for the club seats.
Thus the "quotes". I can almost taste the arm and leg that I paid in the hotdogs.
The O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 09:33 AM   #18
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

I know they are volunteers, but you should not have to wait 20 mins at halftime to buy ridiculously overpriced bad food.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:03 AM   #19
AikenRooster
Most hated poster.

Male

CockyCash: 399
AikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot materialAikenRooster is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to AikenRooster

I couldn't believe it at the Georgia game how fast my friend went to the concession stand and came back, TWICE, at halftime. Insane.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:52 AM   #20
superfly
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 900
superfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1801Green View Post
Went to the game today and had a great time. Went to the concession stand at halftime and had a terrible time. We went to the stand by section 306 and waited in a relatively short line for 25 minutes.

WB consistently has the worst managed and most disorganized concessions stands of any arena or stadium I have ever been to. To call the bunch running that stand today incompetent would be an insult to incompetent people everywhere.

This has been going on for years at WB and is an embarrassment to our football program and our university. I really don't care that the people working there are volunteers and are raising money for good causes. If they can't learn to do it right, the people in charge of stadium operations need to staff those stands with folks that know what they are doing.

The fans deserve better.
I have always said....the biggest improvement we can make at WB is concessions (take it private ) and the restrooms. This is the year 2013 not the 1940's like our facilities underneath. The area surrounding the stadium is getting great.....fix the insides now.