CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
Ahmad
jrussjr
b381l
cocky-K
eightohhthree
SC Sandlapper
Spur's Addiction
Goofyboy
HeadCockFan
Clem5on fans are bes (2647)
Defensive personnel (1562)
Mizzou Depth Chart v (1503)
7:30 kickoff for Ken (1409)
Defense not an issue (1241)
Cack's Toast of the (912)
Legitimate, Unbiased (844)
I guess we don't get (844)
Brawl at 49ers/Cardi (824)
Antonio Allen vs Als (544)
Defense not an issue....
Christian Walker called u
Celebrity Guest Picker...
Brawl at 49ers/Cardinals
Let's talk about Maty Mau
why we're in this positio
open discussion of this t
Antonio Allen vs Alshon J
Mizzou Depth Chart vs Sou
Pharoh Cooper is a stud

Old 11-24-2013, 04:29 PM   #1
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons
Default "Cotton bowl would love...."

...to have spurrier for the first time if South Carolina has become Outback-weary.

From twitter. I know we should focus on Clemson and maybe SECCG, but thought this was interesting.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 04:29 PM   #2
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: "Cotton bowl would love...."

New Orleans is a quicker flight for me...just saying.

ColaCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 04:32 PM   #3
eaddy1847
Gamecock Since 1976

Male

eaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
...to have spurrier for the first time if South Carolina has become Outback-weary.

From twitter. I know we should focus on Clemson and maybe SECCG, but thought this was interesting.
Actually the way things are working out the chances of being in the Cotton are improving. Now that LSU and A&M both have 3 losses, if we end with two losses it could just happen. I know I would go to Dallas!
Old 11-24-2013, 04:34 PM   #4
eaddy1847
Gamecock Since 1976

Male

eaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
New Orleans is a quicker flight for me...just saying.
Yeah I know Sugar Bowl would be everyone's first choice, but if Mizzou beats A&M chances are Auburn or Mizzou goes to Sugar over us. But I'm with you 100% in hoping NOLA is our ultimate destination.
Old 11-24-2013, 04:36 PM   #5
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

the cotton would be awesome. not sure how/why they would pass up lsu, mizzou, a&m for us.
Old 11-24-2013, 04:38 PM   #6
bronamath
Recruit

Male

bronamath has earned his spursbronamath has earned his spursbronamath has earned his spursbronamath has earned his spursbronamath has earned his spursbronamath has earned his spurs

Who would be our opponent? Ok State or Baylor? both of which would be a very difficult match up.
bronamath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 04:39 PM   #7
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosstheboss View Post
the cotton would be awesome. not sure how/why they would pass up lsu, mizzou, a&m for us.
Espn says LSU vs Baylor.

I don't think they will either but it sounds like they are at least interested
Old 11-24-2013, 04:44 PM   #8
gamecockgal
Cave Johnson's Lemons!!!!

Female

CockyCash: 1000000
gamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot material

The problem is that I like the Outback, I can drive there, and my uncle lives close enough that I have a free place to stay and drink.
Old 11-24-2013, 04:49 PM   #9
rosstheboss
Diehard

Male

CockyCash: 461687660
rosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot materialrosstheboss is USC mascot material

i really don't think we will be in the outback again this year
Old 11-24-2013, 04:52 PM   #10
b381l
Heisman Winner

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post

Cotton doesn't often take SEC East teams.....
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #11
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

They have only taken an East team twice since 1999, both times UT.
Old 11-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #12
Carolina-Beez
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his comb

Something weird would have to happen for LSU not to play in the Cotton, like losing to Arkansas, which would be really weird.
Carolina-Beez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:52 PM   #13
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

What was the source of this twitter nugget?
Old 11-24-2013, 05:54 PM   #14
MDCox
Two Deep

Male

Bowl Contest Winner: Winner of the Bowl Contest - Given for: Winning the Board Bowl Contest 
CockyCash: 1740616
MDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudlyMDCox is crowing loudly

I don't think we are ever going to the Cotton Bowl, but I would love it.

If you type in all caps I am not reading your post. Simple as that.
MDCox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:16 PM   #15
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
What was the source of this twitter nugget?
@kbohls: Cotton Bowl would love to have Steve Spurrier for first time if South Carolina is Outback-weary; Auburn, Missouri, LSU, Ags possibilities.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:22 PM   #16
uscsandstorm85
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

I thought the cotton bowl picked before the outback bowl.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:25 PM   #17
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

Ok. Thanks
Old 11-24-2013, 06:27 PM   #18
ultimatetailgater
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
ultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot materialultimatetailgater is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to ultimatetailgater

absolutely no desire to go to cotton bowl, would much rather have a trip to Florida. Better weather and much shorter drive.

ultimatetailgater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:31 PM   #19
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Most of the projections say cap one, outback, or chick Fil a anyway
Old 11-24-2013, 06:44 PM   #20
Red Devil
Two Deep

Male

Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatetailgater View Post
absolutely no desire to go to cotton bowl, would much rather have a trip to Florida. Better weather and much shorter drive.
Cotton is a more prestigious and higher ranked bowl than the Outback. I would be happy with Sugar, Cotton or Cap One and would go to either one. Anything below that would be a big let down and I am tired of seeing Tampa at New Year.