CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
ConwayGamecock
JerseyBird
bcolinc
The Yancey
kingofnerf
Regalcock
Latti
Travelin
B-G
SMOTFS86
2014 Subway Classic: (1610)
Former Gamecock root (928)
Props to Eric Hyman. (799)
Garcia and Clemsux T (787)
Franks boy's are pla (683)
Four USC Basketball (598)
Shrine Bowl on ESPNu (392)
Bowl packages (353)
Chance of my lifetim (224)
Kentucky is dominati (216)
Props to Eric Hyman. Than
Schuyler Rimmer 6'10"
2015 Commitment - Zack Ba
Former Gamecock rooting f
Kentucky is dominating UC
Decommitment from Texas A
UFC Fight Night 58: Lyota
2015 - Eurndraus Bryant
Franks boy's are playing
Duck Bowl Depth Chart

Old 11-25-2013, 11:14 PM   #1
Frosty
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 600
Frosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPit
Default Ticket prices this weekend

I hope it's ok to discuss this, guess I will find out.

Glad I have my 2 in hand, been looking at some of the prices they are going for and am surprised.at what people are asking
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:26 AM   #2
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 840000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad
Default Re: Ticket prices this weekend

Supply and demand
Old 11-26-2013, 08:27 AM   #3
wumarshall82
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
wumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot materialwumarshall82 is USC mascot material

Can get from $127 on StubHub. Not bad at all. Much better than our UGA or FSU game.

If the game was a week earlier or later it would probably push towards $200 but Thanksgiving is the most traveled Holiday so most people, like myself will be visiting family.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:39 AM   #4
Frosty
Blue Chip

Male

Frosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPitFrosty rules the CockPit

$350 for a lower level ticket is ridiculous, IMO. Also since ticket scalping is "illegal"I wonder if anyone gets hassled by the law during these sales?
Old 11-26-2013, 10:02 AM   #5
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

CockyCash: 685
MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
$350 for a lower level ticket is ridiculous, IMO. Also since ticket scalping is "illegal"I wonder if anyone gets hassled by the law during these sales?
They're not getting hassled if it's through stub hub.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:19 PM   #6
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

I never sold tickets for a profit because I always had friends who were in need that I could make my money back. I wasn't about to make money off of my friends.

Now if it was some event that I didn't have an avenue of selling, I'd probably let the free market dictate the price...because I couldn't help thinking I'd sell mine for face and some schmuck would buy mine and re-sell for a profit again.

ColaCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:58 PM   #7
Frosty
Blue Chip

Male

I had 14 extra uga tickets last year and sold them at face value, almost had 8 extra for this weekend but my buddy didn't click the I ACCEPT THESE TERMS button on the screen the day they went on sale and when he placed the order he got kicked out of the system and by the time he got back in it was sold out. My best gal doesn't want to go that bad anyway so its not a big deal if I find her one or not
Old 11-26-2013, 10:58 PM   #8
Gamecock John
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 350
Gamecock John has feathers coming inGamecock John has feathers coming in
Default Clemson Tickets

I am looking for Six tickets for the Clemson game (dont care where they are located) and am seeing tons available around $150 for uppers and $250 for lowers. My question is do you think I should suck them up now or do you think they will be cheaper at the game. I know it was not a rivalry but I was able to buy Florida tickets for $10 outside the stadium and Coastal tickets were free. Any advice or opinion would be appreciated
Gamecock John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 11:53 PM   #9
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

I sold a pair of tickets, section 307 (west upper) row 11, for $500. $250/each. I have 4 together in section 308, row 33, but I'm using those.
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:05 AM   #10
Sir Cuss
Two Deep

Female

Sir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryarx View Post
I sold a pair of tickets, section 307 (west upper) row 11, for $500. $250/each. I have 4 together in section 308, row 33, but I'm using those.

Scalping is illegal. You may as well have gotten online and said that you just stole someone's bike.

Sir Cuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:37 AM   #11
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Cuss View Post
Scalping is illegal. You may as well have gotten online and said that you just stole someone's bike.
Ok, I stole someone's bike.

I never said what system I sold them on - stubhub is legal right? Seriously, who cares?

(I'm on a plane now): "Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb ba bomb!!!"
Old 11-27-2013, 01:01 AM   #12
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material
Default Re: Clemson Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecock John View Post
I am looking for Six tickets for the Clemson game (dont care where they are located) and am seeing tons available around $150 for uppers and $250 for lowers. My question is do you think I should suck them up now or do you think they will be cheaper at the game. I know it was not a rivalry but I was able to buy Florida tickets for $10 outside the stadium and Coastal tickets were free. Any advice or opinion would be appreciated
I honestly don't think you will see too many outside of the game. I could be wrong, however but I wouldn't risk it.
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:02 AM   #13
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

CockyCash: 200
M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

Quote:
Honestly I dont see how it is illegal it is the person's choice to buy them or not...they didnt have to

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:12 AM   #14
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. View Post
Honestly I dont see how it is illegal it is the person's choice to buy them or not...they didnt have to
It's really more of an issue to prevent small venues from having one entity hold the majority of tickets, and dictate a secondary market price. This doesn't really apply to football games, though laws usually don't specify their intent that precisely.
Old 11-27-2013, 01:39 AM   #15
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

MisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot materialMisterClowney is USC mascot material

Quote:
Old 11-27-2013, 01:48 AM   #16
MisterClowney
It's A Revolution

Male

Quote:
False.

There's no federal laws against ticket scalping. SC law specifically states in the section that applies to ticket reselling:

"Resellers cannot request or charge more than $1 above the price for which it was sold by the original seller.
This section does not apply to Internet resellers or people selling tickets from a permanent location (not on the property of an event operator without their expressed consent) who guarantee a full refund (apart from delivery costs) if the event is cancelled, the buyer is denied admission as a result of the ticket, or the ticket is not delivered in time for the event."

Link to state-by-state legislation:

http://seatgeek.com/blog/ticket-indu...et-resale-laws

Google is a fun and useful tool for finding things out!
Old 11-27-2013, 04:27 AM   #17
The O.G.
Banned

Male

The O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudly

If you think 350 is bad you should see how much Iron Bowl tickets are going for. Was offered $1000 each for my club seats. Promptly declined.
The O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:29 AM   #18
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 840000
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

The price on the ticket doesn't indicate the true cost if the person selling is a GC Club member. You have to factor in membership dues, seat fees, etc. Tbe actual cost of my tickets is about $135 a game.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:45 AM   #19
Sir Cuss
Two Deep

Female

Sir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot materialSir Cuss is USC mascot material

My bad. Did not know that. Thanks for the info.

Sir Cuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:18 PM   #20
riceatusc
Misses Old Cockytalk

Male

CockyCash: 305013227
riceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot materialriceatusc is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to riceatusc Send a message via MSN to riceatusc

I was going to get SEC champ tickets but could not see myself paying $100 a piece for them. I already attend every home game.