CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
MountainCock
Gamecocks1137
ReadR00ster
Master Bedroom
Outland
COCKYTALKIN
RGHoskins
smoovecock
gamecockgal
The Yancey
The Gator Bowl wants (1918)
USC will upset Aubur (1492)
In-state QB talent (1208)
In-state QB talent (968)
Texas athletic direc (718)
Which loss hurt wors (710)
Ranking the SEC Foot (525)
USC Picked 12th By S (489)
BA ranks recruiting (422)
Rank the QBs under S (373)
Rank the QBs under Spurri
SEC Debate: Best candidat
Thoughts on the basketbal
Who start on the d line t
USC will upset Auburn; Wh
Google finally gets it ri
Ranking the SEC Football
A simple defensive line &
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
lack of production=

Old 11-28-2013, 04:36 AM   #1
Pappop
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
Pappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talons
Default On the Ramp

Do the fans standing on the ramps have seats or what type of ticket? Seems odd they would have seat tickets because I see way more fans standing than empty seats during big games. Just wondering if there are ramp tickets or what!
Pappop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 06:14 AM   #2
SterlingBrooks
Lock Down Corner

Male

CockyCash: 180386
SterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot materialSterlingBrooks is USC mascot material
Default Re: On the Ramp

I am a ramp regular and I have a seat ticket. The ramp is one of the best places to watch the games.
Old 11-28-2013, 07:41 AM   #3
superfly
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 900
superfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot materialsuperfly is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappop View Post
Do the fans standing on the ramps have seats or what type of ticket? Seems odd they would have seat tickets because I see way more fans standing than empty seats during big games. Just wondering if there are ramp tickets or what!
I stand on the ramp and I always have a ticket. Those are the best seats sometimes....
Old 11-28-2013, 08:11 AM   #4
Pappop
Starter

Male

Pappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talonsPappop has developed his gaff and talons

So then everyone on the ramp has regular seat tickets, they just stand on the ramp instead of sitting in their seat. I just never see enough empty seats to account for all the fans on the ramp. I guess I just always thought the university must sell a special ticket for standing alone.

Looking forward to seeing a lot of Gamecock fans sitting and standing Saturday.
Pappop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:22 AM   #5
GamecockInHell
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 3574
GamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot materialGamecockInHell is USC mascot material

My older son has a fear of heights and since our seats were always in the upper deck we've stood on the ramps since he was a child. We've been standing there over twenty-five years. And believe it or not you can actually see the field very well from there. Plus, its close to concessions and the bathrooms.
GamecockInHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 09:23 AM   #6
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

No matter whether I have club level or nosebleed tix I am a ramp rat at heart. I always end up there.

Order Of The Spur
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 09:33 AM   #7
cocky0
The Slurp

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Fark of the Year Christmas Farking Contest: Christmas Farking Contest - Given for: Winning Farking Contest 
CockyCash: 26100000
cocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot materialcocky0 is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to cocky0

When I was a student, I always "sat" (more like stood) somewhere in the student section, and I thoroughly enjoyed my view.

I bought somebody's season tickets one year. They were lower level near the entrance tunnel. I sat in my actual seat the entire season that year, and thought those were very good seats.

Then my wife and I went to a game with tickets that were upper level, and separate from each other. So I decided we should check out the ramp instead. I now prefer that over the seats any day.
Old 11-28-2013, 10:32 AM   #8
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Went to costal game and stood on the ramps because a buddy of mine has a fear of heights. I wanted to sit in seats but to be honest the ramps were a good experience.
Old 11-28-2013, 11:11 AM   #9
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

to the OP, everyone that cones in has a seat ticket. there are no general admission or ramp tickets.

Clemson sells hill tickets, that way they can boast a capacity of 250 more than Willy b.

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 11:31 AM   #10
Travelin
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 522
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Could the all-time attendance record be broke for this game?
Travelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 07:34 PM   #11
JDStud6
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 475
JDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudlyJDStud6 is crowing loudly

I'm a ramp rat. I usually only go to 1 or 2 games a year right now with a very busy schedule, but when I do go I normally ramp it up! I do so because I often scalp a ticket outside or buy a random ticket from a friend and I have a group of about 10 guys that always go. The seats are in groups of 4 pretty much so it's the only way for us all to be together. I've been doing it since probably 2003 and don't plan on stopping.

Yes there are tons of high school and middle school kids in the area that drive us crazy at times because they don't even watch the game, but we go in before kickoff and stay until after the Alma Mater.

JD
JDStud6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 07:56 PM   #12
CockyLifer
Gamecocks R US MGMT

Male

CockyCash: 89095
CockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPitCockyLifer rules the CockPit

I agree the ramps are a sweet "seat". You would think the school would sell ramp tickets but might have something to do with more people in ramps less in stands.
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 03:31 AM   #13
USC843
Recruit

Male

USC843 has feathers coming inUSC843 has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin View Post
Could the all-time attendance record be broke for this game?
Seriously doubt it. The record was set last year for Georgia at around 85k. Our capacity is 81k. The school won't release enough tickets like that to break the record.
USC843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:30 AM   #14
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 799000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Honestly, I don't see the attraction. I've stood on the ramps on occasion to watch the end of a game, but not much else. You'd be hard pressed to convince me that it's a better vantage point, but I guess it beats be squeezed in like a sardine somewhere in the middle of a section. (That's why I sit next to the isle). All things being equal, I'll take my seats over the ramp anyday
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 04:03 PM   #15
BlueHerons
4-Star

Female

BlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his combBlueHerons is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappop View Post
So then everyone on the ramp has regular seat tickets, they just stand on the ramp instead of sitting in their seat. I just never see enough empty seats to account for all the fans on the ramp. I guess I just always thought the university must sell a special ticket for standing alone.

Looking forward to seeing a lot of Gamecock fans sitting and standing Saturday.
You never see empty seats because we are squeezed in Williams Brice like sardines. There is no room when everyone is in their seat.
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:06 AM   #16
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

I have always sat in my seat but have considered trying the ramp. Have a question, do people usually claim a spot along the wall on the ramp and is it respected if you go to the concession stand or the bathroom, or is it just anarchy & every fan for himself?
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:13 AM   #17
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 799000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
I have always sat in my seat but have considered trying the ramp. Have a question, do people usually claim a spot along the wall on the ramp and is it respected if you go to the concession stand or the bathroom, or is it just anarchy & every fan for himself?
LMAO ! Oh yeah ! Your place is solid ! Sorry man, couldn't help myself.
Coulwoodwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:28 AM   #18
SC Sandlapper
Mr. 10,000

Male

CockyCash: 1650
SC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot materialSC Sandlapper is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord View Post
LMAO ! Oh yeah ! Your place is solid ! Sorry man, couldn't help myself.
That's about what I thought.
SC Sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:32 AM   #19
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Sandlapper View Post
When I have stood on the ramp (and when I stand on the rail over our bullpen during baseball season), I have a friend with me generally, and if he goes to the bathroom/concession, I 'get wide' and take up two spaces, it is typically respected that I'm holding it for him to get back.

Now, if you're by yourself and you leave, I'd either say something to the person behind you like "I'm going to the bathroom/concession, do you want to stand in my spot until I get back?"
bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote