CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
l^l^lBGCock
Ericvol2096
smoovecock
jellafever
kingoftheroost
GamecockSuperFan
A. Pilgrim
STEPHONGILMOREFAN!
taylorssc
BLACK OUT!!!!!!! (2950)
Gamecockology Helms (1034)
SEC QB's in the Red (998)
Little know stat (We (983)
Where do you like to (551)
We're going to the N (528)
Amelia Earhart Plane (340)
Have you ever been s (260)
Tennessee Offense Br (251)
This season and recr (228)
Interesting quotes from D
Where do you like to sit
BLACK OUT!!!!!!!
Perry Dozier Jr. (2015 Pr
Lose to Clemson, or to Te
Uniforms for Tenn
Tennessee - South Carolin
Have you ever been so wro
Gamecockology Helms
Official Charlotte Hornet

Old 11-29-2013, 11:26 AM   #1
BornCocky'86
Good...Great

Male

CockyCash: 283
BornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPit
Default Reasons SC will win or lose

I think the gamecocks win for one simple reason. This will be the one and only loud, hostile road game against a good opponent for Clemson this year.
"I think maybe we should just sit here quietly now and not say anything, and let you just kinda contemplate on the news I just dropped on you, and let me just kinda contemplate on my own pain and sorrows right now."

Kenny Powers
BornCocky'86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:29 AM   #2
SirBigSpur081290
9th Year Senior

Male

CockyCash: 200
SirBigSpur081290 has earned his spursSirBigSpur081290 has earned his spursSirBigSpur081290 has earned his spursSirBigSpur081290 has earned his spursSirBigSpur081290 has earned his spursSirBigSpur081290 has earned his spurs
Default Re: Reasons SC will win or lose

I agree.. jump on them early and hit them where it hurts!

WE MEASURE OUR COCKS BY THE YARD
SirBigSpur081290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:33 AM   #3
CU_Tigers4Life
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
CU_Tigers4Life is making other chickens nervousCU_Tigers4Life is making other chickens nervousCU_Tigers4Life is making other chickens nervousCU_Tigers4Life is making other chickens nervousCU_Tigers4Life is making other chickens nervousCU_Tigers4Life is making other chickens nervousCU_Tigers4Life is making other chickens nervous

Best Way for USC to win is the same way last year...Keep Clemson's offense off t he field like they did in the third qtr....If Carolina let's our offense continue to have drives and take our shots we will get you.....
CU_Tigers4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:35 AM   #4
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1072
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

South Carolina's secondary needs to keep their head on a swivel because Clempsun will test them with the deep ball.
Old 11-29-2013, 11:37 AM   #5
BornCocky'86
Good...Great

Male

BornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPitBornCocky'86 rules the CockPit

If we let Clemson play comfortable offensively then yeah I don't like our chances. But then again don't sleep on our offense. We have a lot of different ways to beat teams
"I think maybe we should just sit here quietly now and not say anything, and let you just kinda contemplate on the news I just dropped on you, and let me just kinda contemplate on my own pain and sorrows right now."

Kenny Powers
Old 11-29-2013, 11:40 AM   #6
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

GET IN BOYDS HEAD AND PRESSURE HIM

It's been proven that when we do that, he doesn't play as well and isn't as much as a threat.

Also it's important that we start hot. Can't be making stupid mistakes in the first half, and give them opportunities to score.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:41 AM   #7
garnet_black215
Section 509, Row 13

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

I agree with the Clemson fan. (I know, holy crap, right?!)

We have to run the ball and convert third downs. We held the ball for 2/3 of the game last year, and we all saw the results. I sometimes think TOP is an overrated stat in football, but it was a huge difference in the game last year.

Defensively, win first down. Get Clemson into long second and third downs and make them as predictable as they can be.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:54 AM   #8
CU_Tigers4Life
Recruit

Male

CU_Tigers4Life is making other chickens nervousCU_Tigers4Life is making other chickens nervousCU_Tigers4Life is making other chickens nervousCU_Tigers4Life is making other chickens nervousCU_Tigers4Life is making other chickens nervousCU_Tigers4Life is making other chickens nervousCU_Tigers4Life is making other chickens nervous

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
I agree with the Clemson fan. (I know, holy crap, right?!)

We have to run the ball and convert third downs. We held the ball for 2/3 of the game last year, and we all saw the results. I sometimes think TOP is an overrated stat in football, but it was a huge difference in the game last year.

Defensively, win first down. Get Clemson into long second and third downs and make them as predictable as they can be.
Look at what Stanford did to Oregon.....Ball control is essential against spread teams......
Old 11-29-2013, 11:59 AM   #9
JDRAY^#
Game MVP

Male

JDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot materialJDRAY^# is USC mascot material

I like our advantage in the trenches. With our OL, Davis/Wilds/Carson, and Shaw's ability to run, we should be able to control the clock on offense. I also like the fact that their secondary is weak again, and we have 2 QBs that can quickly expose them if needed.
JDRAY^# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 12:00 PM   #10
Cockdaddy2001
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Cockdaddy2001 is USC mascot materialCockdaddy2001 is USC mascot materialCockdaddy2001 is USC mascot materialCockdaddy2001 is USC mascot materialCockdaddy2001 is USC mascot materialCockdaddy2001 is USC mascot materialCockdaddy2001 is USC mascot materialCockdaddy2001 is USC mascot materialCockdaddy2001 is USC mascot materialCockdaddy2001 is USC mascot materialCockdaddy2001 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU_Tigers4Life View Post
Look at what Stanford did to Oregon.....Ball control is essential against spread teams......
Yep...that's the key...Pressure on Tajh....and ball control...

no turnovers helps too!

If Tajh has time it might get bad..
Old 11-29-2013, 12:08 PM   #11
TaiwanCock
Recruit

Male

TaiwanCock has hatched from the shell

I know this is not rocket science, but on offense we need good/healthy Shaw tomorrow; on defense; we need good/healthy Clowney. We get those two things, and we keep our winning streak against them going.
TaiwanCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 12:12 PM   #12
CU_Tigers4Life
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAMROCK COCK View Post
N/M

I would not compare anything done at the Coastal Carolina Game to this Game....I am more hoping the team that Played Florida is the one we get.........

Last edited by Spurticus; 11-29-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Old 11-29-2013, 12:14 PM   #13
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Just got off the phone with a good friend who happens to be on the Football Staff at USC and I asked him how practice went this week and if the Cocks were ready. He told me that this was clearly the best week of practice they have had all year and that the " Boys " as he always says were ready.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 12:15 PM   #14
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

On defense: We have to play physical, fundamentally sound defense. By that, I mean we cannot get fooled by the Clemson window dressing. We also cannot allow them to simply put a hat on a hat and open up big holes for QB draws and HB runs, or get their players in space on jet sweeps. We need to shed blocks and take good angles on run plays. WE NEED TO TACKLE THE RUNNER. We really need to do these things to stop the run game. If we can shut down the run and keep them in passing situations, I like our chances much more. If we cannot do these things, then I believe Clemson will be able to get our defense on their heels and the Clemson offense will start rolling, hitting those talented WR's downfield. I don't like the way our defense played in the first half versus Florida at all, especially because I feel like the offense that Florida was running is similar to Clemson's ground game. A lot of misdirection, sweeps, QB runs, etc... and that defensive performance was versus a team with ZERO passing threat... a far cry from Clemson's offense. This scares me.

On offense: Spurrier needs to remain balanced, if not run heavy. Like others have said, we have to hold onto the ball, sustain long drives, and grind this thing out. This is why, in another thread, I stated that I wouldn't mind seeing Wilds start this one. If both Wilds and Davis are 100%, I would actually like to see about a 50/50 split. I believe that the skillset of Wilds can be very beneficial to us in this game. Davis is a great back, but he is more of a big play guy. I don't like the idea of trading a bunch of big plays with these guys and ending up in a shootout. That being said, I think a 50/50 split would be enough of "thunder and lightning" to wear the Clemson defense down and get them on their heels. Spurrier can NOT get pass happy IMO. This is my biggest fear and my biggest complaint with Spurrier's coaching style.

Godspeed, Gamecocks.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 12:25 PM   #15
USCBASEBALL1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 195371
USCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot materialUSCBASEBALL1 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU_Tigers4Life View Post
I would not compare anything done at the Coastal Carolina Game to this Game....I am more hoping the team that Played Florida is the one we get.........
I personally don't see where anything has changed over the last 2 years in regards to this match up. I just don't see where Clemson matches up well with USC and I expect Carolina to win by 10 to 14 points.
USCBASEBALL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 12:26 PM   #16
TaiwanCock
Recruit

Male

TaiwanCock has hatched from the shell

Great to hear that Chris Low will be "in the house" to cover the game.

This rivalry will always hold a special place in my heart, which is why I’m so stoked to be going back Saturday and covering my first Clemson-South Carolina game in nearly two decades.

And talk about good timing.

It’s the first time in the history of the rivalry that both teams have been ranked in the top 10 nationally. There are BCS bowl implications for both teams, and South Carolina is trying to win five in a row in the series for the first time ever.

Back in the day, I’m not sure I ever envisioned a game between these two old rivals being this big nationally.

TaiwanCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 12:30 PM   #17
4|_3|<54/\/|)3R
CT's resident law student

Male

4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is USC mascot material

Our DL will determine if we win this game. If we can consistently apply pressure, I like our chances. If no one steps up while Clowney is being doubled and tripled, we're in for a long night.

As a student at USC: Gamecocks record 40-25 (21-19)
GO COCKS!
4|_3|<54/\/|)3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 12:40 PM   #18
Cock Kool-Aid
Banned

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCBASEBALL1 View Post
I personally don't see where anything has changed over the last 2 years in regards to this match up. I just don't see where Clemson matches up well with USC and I expect Carolina to win by 10 to 14 points.
Our DL is worse, our LB's are smaller and softer, and our safeties are worse.

Our OL is better.

Clemson's defense is better.

Those are the differences that I note.
Cock Kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 12:49 PM   #19
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1220
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

When was the last time Clemson won a big game on the road? Just saying. We have maybe the toughest place win a big game in.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 12:49 PM   #20
BornCocky'86
Good...Great

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
Our DL is worse, our LB's are smaller and softer, and our safeties are worse.

Our OL is better.

Clemson's defense is better.

Those are the differences that I note.
LBs Softer? They are def smaller but have been playing very good over the 2nd half of season. http://www.secdigitalnetwork.com/Por...l/confldrs.htm

I think you are severely underestimating our defense

Kenny Powers