CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
bcolinc
ConwayGamecock
Latti
Gamecocks1137
usc1
kingofnerf
FanofCarolina1
Storm Of Spurs
carcosa
**USC vs. Clemson GA (5706)
Decommitment from Te (951)
Beat Miami (836)
Duck Bowl Depth Char (672)
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBA (650)
Cleveland Browns Hea (632)
Garcia and Clemsux T (621)
Need a dog kennel (254)
Four USC Basketball (187)
NCAAB: CLEMSON @ SOU (185)
Previewing Clemson
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
The Vent and Coaching cha
How Long Will The Rebuild
So, why is next year goin
BEST GAMECOCK FOOTBALL PL
2015 - Mark Fields
Duck Bowl Depth Chart
Four USC Basketball Games
looks like we have 2 OL r

Old 11-29-2013, 11:34 PM   #1
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material
Default The Football Team is Having a Movie Night Friday Night!

I just got in town from my drive down from the mountains of North Carolina and checked into our hotel and then shortly after we decided to take in a movie after having dinner at Al's Upstair's Italian.

We bought our movie tickets and as we were heading into our particular theatre (to watch Thor) SEVERAL of the players on the football team (NONE of which were wearing Gamecock warmups or anything) came toward us headed to various movies. I shook hands with Kelci Quarles and bumped fists with Clowney. Leading numerous of the players into the theater was Coach Ward.

I had my wife and two daughters with me and they were all giddy. As they headed in one direction, we went towards our movie and there was a sign up showing that our theater was being cleaned. So we hung out just outside the door and while we were standing there Coach Spurrier, Jerri Spurrier and numerous of the offensive players were headed into the movie across from ours (which was "Old Boy")...

When we left after Thor was over we didn't see any more of the players or coaches. However, as we arrived back at our hotel - there they were again.

(I swear I think the players and coaches were stalking US!!!)

We've stayed here for nearly every game and we run into the team about once a year...but this one was kind of cool seeing them out at the movies.

By the way as Coach and Mrs. Spurrier were coming towards us in the theater it was kind of cool the way that he and she were walking up front in the middle and all of them were spread out just behind them. Coach looked at me so I acknowledged and said, "Big Game tomorrow, huh Coach?"

He responded (semi put off that he felt the need to respond), "I sure hope so..."

It's kind of cool that they do these sorts of things as a group the night before games.

At any rate...go Cocks.

H-o-p-e-f-u-l-l-y they'll let me have breakfast tomorrow morning without them stalking me and my girls again ;-) (insert huge amounts of sarcasm).
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:36 PM   #2
Cockhornleghorn
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 200700
Cockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot materialCockhornleghorn is USC mascot material
Send a message via Yahoo to Cockhornleghorn
Default Re: The Football Team is Having a Movie Night Friday Night!

I think they do that before every home game and it's pretty common with most teams.
Old 11-29-2013, 11:39 PM   #3
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudlyuscgamecocks88 is crowing loudly

Haha that's awesome!! I'm sure you and were kids were excited!

But anyway... I've heard spurrier isn't a fan of crowds so I'm not surprised he gave a quick short answer.
uscgamecocks88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:43 PM   #4
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post

But anyway... I've heard spurrier isn't a fan of crowds so I'm not surprised he gave a quick short answer.

Yep...totally understood it...had no issues whatsoever.
Old 11-29-2013, 11:45 PM   #5
Blackland
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Blackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his comb

Can't believe Al's is still there. That was a great place back in 1985....
Blackland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:45 PM   #6
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post

I've had one conversation with him in my life and he was really nice. Asked me how I liked Carolina and spoke about my old high school in Orlando (where DiMarco went)
SirBigSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:52 PM   #7
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackland View Post
Can't believe Al's is still there. That was a great place back in 1985....
Yea it was great. I had not been there for more than 20 years. I was looking for Italian food on my nav app and when I saw it come up we called ahead and got a table with a great view of the Columbia skyline.

Food was awesome as well. We were in and out in less than an hour and checked into the hotel and got to the theater by 7:15pm.

It's been a great night. We're pumped for a great day of tailgating with friends and the game tomorrow night should be off the hook...