CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Latti
ReadR00ster
rosstheboss
Bobby Boucher
U-Dub Gamecock
usc1
b381l
NJCocky14
roosterdude21
acejrock
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (8001)
Super-Efficient Ax (323)
South Carolina @ Aub (281)
BREAD (245)
Starz Black Sails (168)
Dress shirt help (167)
Connor Mitch
2015 - Auden Tate
Josh Cunningham Power For
MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
2016 - Greg Little
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
How to cut the mustard
Larenz Bryant update?
What is your perfect egg?
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit

Old 12-01-2013, 05:17 PM   #1
Latt4Gov
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 200
Latt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his comb
Default Why I Love My Gamecocks/Open Letter to Connor

Great Win last night guys. I have never been more proud to wear the Garnet and Black, to the Seniors and guys leaving early, you guys have taken USC to the next level. Were now Contenders year in and year out. You guys have fought through adversity, weathered the storms, and taken this program to consistently winning 10 games.

Also something like 5 in a row now against that other team hell, i'm loosing count.

And most importantly, I'm about to open an industrial sized can of man love on Connor Shaw. He is without a doubt the most underrated guy to ever step on our field but, all he does is win. 17-0 at home as a Starter. He is truly a player of the game and understands what being "smart" with the football is all about. Something that we havent really had around here in a long time. I hope that his leadership and influence wears off on Dylan Thompson/Brendan Nosovitch/Connor Mitch. I hope these guys were paying attention and learning from him. No Connor didn't go out and put up Xbox numbers every game but, on 3RD and 10, he kept the chains moving. As far as im concerned, ill take 10 Connor Shaws over 10 Tajh Boyds/Aaron Murrays/and Johnny Footballs you name it. Without his ability to play smart football and keep the chains moving, I really dont think we wouldve won more than maybe 7 or 8 games this year.

Ill admit I got a little emotional last night seeing him leave the field for the last time wearing 14. After the bowl game, I hope NFL scouts in the combines can see the ability he has to be a game changer and he can be successful in the NFL. After his career is over in the NFL, I will right now go on the record and say I would love for him to come back to USC as some type of coach. Im not saying take GA Mangus's job but, he is one of those guys that you always want to be around, a true "winner".

After 4 years here, he is going to leave this program with the most wins ever, something that it will really take someone special to break.

In Closing and an Open Letter to Connor Shaw,

Connor, you were a hell of an Athlete and Assest to South Carolina Football. Without you I really dont believe our program would be where it is right now, so thank you. Even with all of your great Accolades as a football player, your an even greater person. I loved watching how you handled yourself on the sideline with the other players, on the field directing the troops, in the pressers being respectful to coaches and other teams. Your a class act my friend and you will always go down in my mind as the best QB to ever put on a garnet Jersey. If you have half the success in the game of life as you did wearing a Garnet Jersey, you will go a long way my friend. Good Luck Connor, we're all going to miss the shit out of Connor Shaw #14.
#ForeverToThee

- Chris Jackson
Old 12-01-2013, 05:27 PM   #2
InletCock1989
5th Year Senior

Male

InletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervousInletCock1989 is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: Why I Love My Gamecocks/Open Letter to Connor

That about sums it up!
InletCock1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 05:46 PM   #3
Gamerooster
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 26386
Gamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot materialGamerooster is USC mascot material

Well said
Old 12-01-2013, 05:59 PM   #4
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:06 PM   #5
beak2
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
beak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his combbeak2 is developing his comb

Thanks to Connor, the coaches and all the players. Oh, this is a message board, to get a message across, not a perfection board.

beak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:14 PM   #6
Latt4Gov
Recruit

Male

Latt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his combLatt4Gov is developing his comb

Quote:
Originally Posted by beak2 View Post
Thanks to Connor, the coaches and all the players. Oh, this is a message board, to get a message across, not a perfection board.

+1!
Old 12-01-2013, 07:18 PM   #7
Makindough
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 280
Makindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPit

First thing I would do if I was SOS...offer Connor Shaw a damn JOB!!!
Makindough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #8
gamecockgal
Cave Johnson's Lemons!!!!

Female

CockyCash: 1000000
gamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot materialgamecockgal is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makindough View Post
First thing I would do if I was SOS...offer Connor Shaw a damn JOB!!!

Well I'd like to see him have a chance in the big leagues... leave the offer on the table though that if it doesn't work out, he has a job. I'd love to see him as a coach if he cant do well in the NFL (I hope he does of course)

CLEMSON KEYBOARD
gamecockgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:30 PM   #9
Makindough
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 280
Makindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPitMakindough rules the CockPit

He doesnt want to go pro correct?
Makindough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:12 AM   #10
Socom Elite
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Socom Elite has hatched from the shell

I must admit back in the day when HBC would pull Garcia and put Connor in I would get pissed. I thought he sucked and I never gave him much of a chance then. Since he has been our starter he has been a great leader, player and has always given his all. He has played through pain and injuries and got the job done. Sorry to have doubted you.

Connor Shaw is the greatest quarterback to have ever played at the University of South Carolina.
Socom Elite is offline   Reply With Quote