CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
CockyLifer
Aggie96
Regalcock
Gamecocks1137
StormOfTalons
Cockypantherfan
rolinb1
The Yancey
ACPhilson
Lonnie
TJ Holloman (1650)
Spurrier accepts coc (1211)
They are coming to y (885)
How are we feeling a (673)
2013 game vs TN is o (607)
We lost a great Game (590)
Hard Knocks this wee (438)
Favorite Gamecock of (416)
"Penis Collecto (345)
This helmit is aweso (336)
Browns announce Hoyer as
Clowney possibly hurt
This helmit is awesome
Clemson RB Out for Year
Hard Knocks this week.
Clowney leaves practice
World of Warcraft
Scrimmage tonight?
Vote for Browns starting
2013 game vs TN is on SEC

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 12:33 AM   #1
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons
Default Cap one, cotton, or outback?

Those seem to be the most likely destinations. Which would you prefer?

I put my title in order of preference. Hate that BCS is out of the picture, but not all is lost.

anyway... I see us playing Wisconsin in the Capital One Bowl. This means auburn wins the SEC.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:36 AM   #2
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

Cap-1... But, if that doesn't happen, gimme Chick-Fil-A
Old 12-02-2013, 12:38 AM   #3
garnet_black215
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

1. Cotton
2. Cotton
3. Cotton
Old 12-02-2013, 12:44 AM   #4
#1TheBeast
Recruit

Male

#1TheBeast has hatched from the shell

Put this in the other bowl thread:

If the one loss rule is still in effect we have to be one of the first five picks. A&M is two losses back as the sixth team. That means we should be locked into one of the Capital One/Outback/Cotton picks so Atlanta shouldn't be an option.

Sign me up for Orlando or Dallas.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:58 AM   #5
DJ35
4-Star

Male

DJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spurs

I hope Cotton... I think Cap One
Old 12-02-2013, 12:58 AM   #6
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

I think it's Capital One or Chick-Fil-A barring who wins the SEC.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:14 AM   #7
uscgamecocks88
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

uscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talonsuscgamecocks88 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaGnB521 View Post
I think it's Capital One or Chick-Fil-A barring who wins the SEC.
From what I understand...

If auburn wins the SEC- Capital One
If Missouri wins the SEC- Chick Fil A
Old 12-02-2013, 01:24 AM   #8
Spurz
Class of 2009

Male

Spurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudlySpurz is crowing loudly

Would prefer the Cotton Bowl just for a change of scenery, but would be happy with a Chick-fil-A bid as well. I'm ready to get away from Capital One/Outback for a while.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:49 AM   #9
CarolinaGnB521
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot materialCarolinaGnB521 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
From what I understand...

If auburn wins the SEC- Capital One
If Missouri wins the SEC- Chick Fil A
Exactly: and I'm beginning to think that some of the people that write for TBS think we're out of the picture with the Capital One Bowl.

Here is why:

Missouri/Auburn - BCS
Alabama - BCS
Missouri/Auburn/South Carolina - Capital One Bowl

*The reason I say this is because in an article written by TBS it says we're either Chick-Fil-A or Capital One bowl. But the same article says that Missouri is BCS or Capital One Bowl. Well even if Missouri wins the SEC, the Capital One Bowl would be stupid to not take Auburn.

LSU/Texas A&M - Cotton Bowl
LSU/Texas A&M/Missouri - Outback Bowl
South Carolina/Missouri - Chick-Fil-A Bowl

*Why? Well the BCS options are obvious. The Capital One Bowl generally includes ranking into a heavy factoring when pickings it's teams. Now that Auburn and Missouri are 3/5 respectively, however, a loss in the SEC wouldn't hurt them that bad. Even if Missouri loses they could still possibly go to Capital One bowl despite us being ranked higher - however, it's our best bet to go to the Capital One Bowl. The Outback bowl, and Gamecock fans are tired of each other probably, and the Cotton Bowl will still pick a West team probably. These factors could put us back in Atlanta.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:03 AM   #10
Regalcock
Fawlless

Male

CockyCash: 114408514
Regalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot materialRegalcock is USC mascot material

Cotton and then Cap 1.

Maybe the only time we ever get a cotton bowl birth and I would like that in the trophy case.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:22 AM   #11
tdevildog1986
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 1375
tdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his combtdevildog1986 is developing his comb

Cotton, but would like Chic-fil-a.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:34 AM   #12
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

I'm thinking we go to the CFA.

Someone said Shaw would prefer the CFA if we didn't get the Sugar and Ray just might help him finish his career in his home state, although a Cotton berth would be hard to turn down.

Doesn't the Cotton pick after the Cap1, Outback and CFA?

Either way, we are going to a very good bowl game with a very good chance of winning our eleventh game and finishing high in the last BCS Poll.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:37 AM   #13
wincocks84
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 450
wincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervouswincocks84 is making other chickens nervous

I would rather have Cotton than anything else non BCS..but if not that then Chic-fila. I just wish it were against Miami or Va Tech instead of probable Duke.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:34 AM   #14
garnet_black215
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Capital One Bowl would mean another boring B1G team in a boring stadium on a network that we're on almost every weekend.

Chick Fil A would mean a boring ACC team in a stadium we've played in before on the same network.

Cotton would be a new stadium, new network, new city, new bowl, new conference opponent, new night.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:38 AM   #15
Coulwoodwarlord
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 900000
Coulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot materialCoulwoodwarlord is USC mascot material

I think we all would love to the Gamecocks playing in Jerry's World, but for the fans wanting to attend, you're talking about half way across the country. I'd prefer it having bigger implications than just what it is. Short of a BCS, Cap One is just fine with me.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:50 AM   #16
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

I heard this morning... If Auburn wins:

We go to Cap-1
Missouri to Cotton
LSU to Outback

If Missou wins:
Auburn to Cap-1
A&M to Outback
LSU to Cotton
USC to Chick-Fil-A

We have almost a zero chance of going to the Outback Bowl..
Old 12-02-2013, 08:52 AM   #17
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincocks84 View Post
I would rather have Cotton than anything else non BCS..but if not that then Chic-fila. I just wish it were against Miami or Va Tech instead of probable Duke.
The good news is the CFA does not have to take the loser of the ACC-CG... Duke cannot fall below the Sun Bowl... that is where they are projected. I think it will be Virginia Tech (since they travel so much better than Miami)
Old 12-02-2013, 08:53 AM   #18
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post

We go to Cap-1
Missouri to Cotton
LSU to Outback

If Missou wins:
Auburn to Cap-1
A&M to Outback
LSU to Cotton
USC to Chick-Fil-A

I hope you are right.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:54 AM   #19
gamecock88
All Everything

Male

gamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot materialgamecock88 is USC mascot material

Any chance we're short any players for the bowl game due to academic issues?
Old 12-02-2013, 08:55 AM   #20
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1044
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post

We go to Cap-1
Missouri to Cotton
LSU to Outback

If Missou wins:
Auburn to Cap-1
A&M to Outback
LSU to Cotton
USC to Chick-Fil-A

I think the winner of the OSU and MSU game will also have a big say in where we go. That would put a SEC team in the NCG and a BCS Bowl. if MSU wins.
Closed Thread