CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
catdaddy66
Thenardier
spareparts
G&B
b381l
ertman420
usc1
robgusc76
Ericvol2096
Cockypantherfan
Ole Miss Projected R (796)
2001 vs Sandstorm (775)
Tennessee hires Donn (752)
Acock reviews the SE (655)
So who was the dude (636)
Sunday college footb (622)
Does anyone have a l (336)
Florida Georgia Line (257)
**USC vs. USC-Upstat (233)
Purple drank (203)
SEC Network "Take It
Does anyone have a link t
2001 vs Sandstorm
response from charter abo
Acock reviews the SEC Net
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
**USC vs. Davidson GAME T
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
2015 - D.J. Jones
Name a Gamecock

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 12:58 PM   #61
treys1986
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 200
treys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot materialtreys1986 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cap one, cotton, or outback?

I'm also pretty sure that A&M can't be taken ahead of us due to league rules regarding records of eligible teams. I may be completely wrong on that though. Honestly, I think A&M ends up in the Chick-Fil-A bowl.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:58 PM   #62
bigduff32
Freshman All-American

Male

bigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervousbigduff32 is making other chickens nervous

Nevermind I answered my own question. I thought Arkansas was in the Sugar that year, they were in the Cotton so disregard my comments
Old 12-02-2013, 01:02 PM   #63
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

there were only two teams even that year, the only scenario for which there could have been 3 teams from the same conference is no.1 and no.2 are from the same conference and not conference champs with the conference champ ranked below both of them.
specifically what people were talking about prior to that seccg between lsu and georgia was that if georgia beat lsu there was the possibility that alabama and lsu would still have ended up 1 and 2, georgia would have been the sec champ, so all 3 would have been in the bcs.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:08 PM   #64
The O.G.
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 500
The O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudlyThe O.G. is crowing loudly

Hey, I'll be more than happy if I'm wrong, but the SECCG loser will wind up in the Cap One. The Outback's a good bowl, who doesn't enjoy free bloomin' onions?
Old 12-02-2013, 01:13 PM   #65
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by The O.G. View Post
Hey, I'll be more than happy if I'm wrong, but the SECCG loser will wind up in the Cap One. The Outback's a good bowl, who doesn't enjoy free bloomin' onions?
If Auburn loses... you will end up in the Cap-1, and we go to the CFA or maybe Cotton... If Missouri loses, I think we get the Cap-1 bid, and Missou gets the Cotton Bowl bid.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:13 PM   #66
MikeTrainNC8
Cock of the Walk

Male

CockyCash: 66034
MikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot materialMikeTrainNC8 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
You're an idiot.

ahahahahahaah yes.. this!!!!!

Glad someone who can't be banned said it
Old 12-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #67
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by treys1986 View Post
I have no idea where you are getting this, and this isn't meant as an insult to you. CoverTwo has said it, and from everything I am hearing from someone who works within the Athletic Department at USC, we will NOT end up back in Tampa barring something really crazy happening. They are well aware of the fact that we are kinda ready for something different.
I don't take many people's opinion on here all that far, but when Cover Two says something, I tend to listen. The man knows his shit..

Erik(O.G.)... We are NOT going to the Outback Bowl. Its that simple.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:23 PM   #68
Roosterboy
Household Name

Male

Roosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot materialRoosterboy is USC mascot material

I'm thinking Auburn goes Sugar and hopefully Bama goes at-large.
I think Mizzou goes Cotton, we go Capital One.
LSU Outback
TAMU to Chik-fil-A (to hopefully play Clemson while Duke goes to the Orange Bowl).
UGA to Gator
Vanderbilt to Music City
MSU to LIberty
Ole Miss to Compass
We don't fill our Advocare Bowl obligation.
1975, 1977, 1981, 1982, 1985, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2010, 2011, 2012
Two-time National Champs

Old 12-02-2013, 01:47 PM   #69
Red Devil
Two Deep

Male

Red Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spursRed Devil has earned his spurs

Cap 1 or Cotton. Anything else is a let down.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:48 PM   #70
Mr. Belvedere
4-Star

Male

Mr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talonsMr. Belvedere has developed his gaff and talons

Cotton
Old 12-02-2013, 01:54 PM   #71
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

What is funny to me is when people, like we have already seen in this thread, say "they just heard" or "someone just told me" or "guy I know with connections said". Come on.

For example, the guy who said the Chick-Fil-A bowl will be influenced by Connor Shaw being on our team because he wants to play in his home state for his last game. REALLY!?!?!

That, or "I just heard if this team beats this one, we become very appealing to the committee because they want that matchup." Yeah, okay.

Also, I know people are sick of the Outback Bowl. However, you have to remember there are only so many bowls to attend due to conference tie-ins. I mean, after the BCS and Capital One Bowl...there is no better bowl than the Outback/Cotton. To wish for another spot is asking for a lesser payout, although some could argue CFA Bowl helps out due to their time slot. Since Cotton favors West and Outback East, it is essentially saying the best team in each division (outside of BCS and CapOne) are sent to these bowls.

Some people on here last year were begging for the Gator Bowl over the Outback Bowl. SMH.

Last edited by ColaCock; 12-02-2013 at 02:05 PM.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:02 PM   #72
B-G
Two Deep

Male

B-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigduff32 View Post
Could've sworn the max was 3. We had 3 teams a couple of years ago when Bama and LSU played in the NCG didn't we?

Or was this an exception?
No there were only 2 that year.

Sugar Bowl was michigan-VT
Old 12-02-2013, 02:07 PM   #73
ra742002
Game MVP

Male

ra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPit

the payout means nothing really, since it's shared and divided up among the SEC teams. There will be SEC teams in the bowls regardless of whether it's us or someone else, the money is still sent to the SEC and divided equally. So the payout argument is moot. Just my opinion, but, after the BCS games, there really is nothing to care about, other than ability to afford a trip to (fill in the blank). I would love to see us play in the Cotton, because of the history/tradition of the bowl. However, looking at what it would cost to travel there, there is NO WAY I could swing it. I would much rather prefer to see us play in the Cap One. I can make the drive down one day, spend the night and drive home the next day once the game is over. It's a cheaper trip, cheaper ticket, and shorter distance.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:14 PM   #74
SirBigSpur
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1800
SirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudlySirBigSpur is crowing loudly

The Gator bowl has a HUGE decision to make. Do they take UGA or Vandy with their pick?
Old 12-02-2013, 02:42 PM   #75
A-Cluckwork-Orange
Optimist

Male

A-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his combA-Cluckwork-Orange is developing his comb

Does anyone know how many tickets SC would get for the cotton bowl? I.e., what level of attendence from SC fans would make it worth the Cotton Bowl committee's investment in us. I would imagine that would be a game where a lot of tickets are already reserved/ will be sold to any and all comers.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:01 PM   #76
Order 66
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Order 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot materialOrder 66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBigSpur View Post
The Gator bowl has a HUGE decision to make. Do they take UGA or Vandy with their pick?
Easy, who is more happy with their season. UGA fans are a little down right now.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:05 PM   #77
803scdantes
Bowl MVP

Male

803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit803scdantes rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
Easy, who is more happy with their season. UGA fans are a little down right now.
Even an unhappy GA will travel to the Gator bowl better than a happy Vandy.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:18 PM   #78
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 803scdantes View Post
Even an unhappy GA will travel to the Gator bowl better than a happy Vandy.
Exactly... And think... Georgia vs Michigan, or Vandy vs Michigan... Kinda easy decision.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:22 PM   #79
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBigSpur View Post
That is actually a very easy decision: UGA all day long. UGA fans are in the Jax area and there would be many more willing to travel. That pretty much says it all.

Old 12-02-2013, 03:23 PM   #80
ColaCock
1st Team All-American

Male

Surprisingly, I found a roundtrip ticket to DFW from Tampa for $270 total through Spirit. That isn't bad at all.

Closed Thread