CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
roosterdude21
Cockypantherfan
sporkgod50
i29gman
Lalli25
F4rpoole
Thenardier
Spur's Addiction
Gyle41386
qcgamecock
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (1805)
The #AskEmmert Q& (578)
Stadium Ratings-Site (427)
Construction of Worl (284)
Peach Bowl name retu (281)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!! (279)
Save Electricity By (233)
HELP calculating acr (202)
NBA Wants to Up Age (139)
How Experienced In P (134)
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB
Jameis Winston's Accuser
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
2015 - Tommy Hatton
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez
2015 - Davon Durant
Stadium Ratings-Site rate
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
The #AskEmmert Q&A Is


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2013, 11:02 PM   #1
JohnnyB21
Two Deep
 
JohnnyB21's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pelion, SC
Posts: 1,029
CockyCash: 520
JohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot material
Default Connor v. Tajh

for shits n giggles, and because I'm sick in bed and bored as hell, I compared stats and balanced the scale. As we all know, Tajh is in a pass happy offense and he throws 30+ a game.

Well, I figured up how Connor would stack up stat wise with his career completion %, td:comp, int:comp, if modified to reflect Tajh Boyd's career attempts.

Tajh Boyd:
851/1335
11301 yards
102 TD's, 35 INT's
63.7% Completions, 13.28 yards per completion, .119 touchdowns per completion, .041 interceptions per completion

Connor Shaw:
444/682
5610 yards
52 TD's, 16 INT's
65.1% Completions, 12.63 yards per completion, .117 TD per completion, .036 INT per completion

So, if Connor were to throw 1335 times in his career, his stats would be:

869/1335
10,975 yards
102 TD's, 31 INT's

Seems pretty even to me for all of the people who believe Tajh Boyd is Oh so much better than Connor.
__________________

34-17 29-7 34-13 27-17 31-17

Coming for #6 next season!!!

154-71 in past 5 seasons against Clemson.
JohnnyB21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:14 PM   #2
SWAGGGA
Banned
 
SWAGGGA's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2013
Location: Gwood
Posts: 550
CockyCash: 1200
SWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudly
Default Re: Connor v. Tajh

Lol. Boyd is better. Its not that connor doesnt get a chance to throw. Its that he doesnt want too. Hes a run first QB. Who doesnt trust his arm enough.

I dont have much resepct for shaw the QB. But i have unlimited respect for Shaw the gamecock and football player. Looking from an unbiased account. Shaw has a lot of mechanical problems that limit his velocity. Boyd on the other hand was blessed with a strong arm. Do i think hes a better quarterback? Of course as should any football fan. But im not sure if i would trade shaw because of his leadership and ttoughness.
SWAGGGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:20 PM   #3
JohnnyB21
Two Deep
 
JohnnyB21's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pelion, SC
Posts: 1,029
CockyCash: 520
JohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Connor v. Tajh

Oh, I'm not saying he's not better, I'm just saying if Connor threw the ball the same number of times he would be fairly close stat wise. I wouldn't trade them, but we have a run dominated offense, if they were to trade places I could see Shaw have career numbers similar to Tajh's. Obviously, the math doesn't work out to reality, but I was honestly just bored as hell. Lol
__________________

34-17 29-7 34-13 27-17 31-17

Coming for #6 next season!!!

154-71 in past 5 seasons against Clemson.
JohnnyB21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:33 PM   #4
CockyLifer
4-Star
 
CockyLifer's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: nc
Posts: 412
CockyCash: 99095
CockyLifer is making other chickens nervousCockyLifer is making other chickens nervousCockyLifer is making other chickens nervousCockyLifer is making other chickens nervousCockyLifer is making other chickens nervousCockyLifer is making other chickens nervousCockyLifer is making other chickens nervousCockyLifer is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: Connor v. Tajh

I AM saying Connor is better because he chose the best school. No debating that tajir or whatever has no taste or class.
__________________
USC is in South Carolina.
Carolina is in South Carolina.
THE University of South Carolina IS
THE University of SOUTH CAROLINA!

CockyLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:27 AM   #5
SWAGGGA
Banned
 
SWAGGGA's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2013
Location: Gwood
Posts: 550
CockyCash: 1200
SWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudly
Default Re: Connor v. Tajh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB21 View Post
Oh, I'm not saying he's not better, I'm just saying if Connor threw the ball the same number of times he would be fairly close stat wise. I wouldn't trade them, but we have a run dominated offense, if they were to trade places I could see Shaw have career numbers similar to Tajh's. Obviously, the math doesn't work out to reality, but I was honestly just bored as hell. Lol
I agree to a point. I think if shaw threw as much as spurrier called plays fir him too i think hed have great numbers. He can throw well. There are some throws hes doesnt have the arm for. But he can make most throws.
SWAGGGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 02:53 AM   #6
Socom Elite
Walk On
 
Socom Elite's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Irmo
Posts: 71
CockyCash: 500
Socom Elite has hatched from the shell
Default Re: Connor v. Tajh

Connor is way mo betta. The average competition Connor plays against has much better D.

Tajh is know to blow at big times.
2010 Tajh played half a game Nd had 2 fumbles
2011 Tajh had 1 interception
2012 Tajh had 2 interceptions.

I hope this trend continues once more
Socom Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 03:45 AM   #7
JohnnyB21
Two Deep
 
JohnnyB21's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pelion, SC
Posts: 1,029
CockyCash: 520
JohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Connor v. Tajh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGGA View Post
I agree to a point. I think if shaw threw as much as spurrier called plays fir him too i think hed have great numbers. He can throw well. There are some throws hes doesnt have the arm for. But he can make most throws.
He can definitely hit the deep post decent. Lol. I think Tajh is a tad bit better because he will throw it whenever he sees an opening or thinks he sees it.
__________________

34-17 29-7 34-13 27-17 31-17

Coming for #6 next season!!!

154-71 in past 5 seasons against Clemson.
JohnnyB21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:58 AM   #8
fridayserv
Recruit
 
fridayserv's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: aiken
Posts: 179
CockyCash: 500
fridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervousfridayserv is making other chickens nervous
Default Re: Connor v. Tajh

Quick answer they are equally good for their respective offense game plans. If Boyd had Lattimore would Clemson throw as much. Or, if the HBC play the fun and gun as opposed to the power run game, would Conner be the QB. So here is the best answer, due to SO Schedule and the SEC, Conner is the better QB. Boyd did what he was suppose to do against 2nd tier teams. Just look at his losses.
fridayserv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:08 PM   #9
kingoftheroost
la-la-la
 
kingoftheroost's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SC
Posts: 3,573
CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material
Default Re: Connor v. Tajh

You can't do this, because stretching statistics to project things is anything but scientific, and it proves nothing, usually.

For example, we could use the trends in average times to run a mile for endurance runners (such as marathoners) to determine when -- if ever -- someone would run a mile in under 2 minutes. The problem with that is the trend would eventually show us people would end up running the mile in a NEGATIVE amount of time, which, of course, isn't possible.

So, while your premise is admirable, statistics shouldn't be extended to make a point.
__________________
kingoftheroost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:27 PM   #10
JohnnyB21
Two Deep
 
JohnnyB21's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pelion, SC
Posts: 1,029
CockyCash: 520
JohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot materialJohnnyB21 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Connor v. Tajh

it wasn't to make a point really, I was just bored. And logically thinking, if a QB averages 12 yp completion, and he throws 65% of 1335 passes, he should maintain his career average.
__________________

34-17 29-7 34-13 27-17 31-17

Coming for #6 next season!!!

154-71 in past 5 seasons against Clemson.
JohnnyB21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:34 PM   #11
CockLurker
Blue Chip
 
CockLurker's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ga
Posts: 744
CockyCash: 4400
CockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPitCockLurker rules the CockPit
Default Re: Connor v. Tajh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
You can't do this, because stretching statistics to project things is anything but scientific, and it proves nothing, usually.

For example, we could use the trends in average times to run a mile for endurance runners (such as marathoners) to determine when -- if ever -- someone would run a mile in under 2 minutes. The problem with that is the trend would eventually show us people would end up running the mile in a NEGATIVE amount of time, which, of course, isn't possible.

So, while your premise is admirable, statistics shouldn't be extended to make a point.
except that's not the same thing at all, because your example is projecting improvement or rate of change(ie acceleration) as opposed to simple extrapolation (ie velocity). Obviously you can't predict how something will change, like you're trying to do.

But you can safely assume that it should stay the same once you have a large enough sample size, which I'd say 3 seasons is.

Doesn't really matter because that's not the offense we run and that's not the type of qb Shaw is...but I personally would take shaw over boyd in college football.
CockLurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:38 PM   #12
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American
 
ReadR00ster's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 7,960
CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: Connor v. Tajh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGGA View Post
Lol. Boyd is better. Its not that connor doesnt get a chance to throw. Its that he doesnt want too. Hes a run first QB. Who doesnt trust his arm enough.

I dont have much resepct for shaw the QB. But i have unlimited respect for Shaw the gamecock and football player. Looking from an unbiased account. Shaw has a lot of mechanical problems that limit his velocity. Boyd on the other hand was blessed with a strong arm. Do i think hes a better quarterback? Of course as should any football fan. But im not sure if i would trade shaw because of his leadership and ttoughness.
Has better numbers not because he is a better QB, but because he plays in a tempo offense against vastly inferior competition for the most part, and his WRs have been better than ours but their RBs have been worse. We don't throw the ball because we have had a lot of success running it, and that Shaw is a big part of that.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:02 AM   #13
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American
 
Flameout12's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chas-Ladson
Posts: 9,580
CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Connor v. Tajh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGGA View Post
Shaw has a lot of mechanical problems that limit his velocity.
Pantera17/Oceana! I should have known that was you. Everytime you get banned, you just keep coming back with a new personna.

Just can't get off that velocity thing with Shaw.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:12 AM   #14
SWAGGGA
Banned
 
SWAGGGA's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2013
Location: Gwood
Posts: 550
CockyCash: 1200
SWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudly
Default Re: Connor v. Tajh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameout12 View Post
Pantera17/Oceana! I should have known that was you. Everytime you get banned, you just keep coming back with a new personna.

Just can't get off that velocity thing with Shaw.
Creepy.


Has nothing to do with shaw. And everything to do with, thats one of the most important attributes for a quarterback. Not sure why no one here can break down shaws abilities here as a prue quarterback rather than a gamecock.

And if you only knew the stuff i got banned for. Petty really.
SWAGGGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:41 AM   #15
SWAGGGA
Banned
 
SWAGGGA's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2013
Location: Gwood
Posts: 550
CockyCash: 1200
SWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudly
Default Re: Connor v. Tajh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Has better numbers not because he is a better QB, but because he plays in a tempo offense against vastly inferior competition for the most part, and his WRs have been better than ours but their RBs have been worse. We don't throw the ball because we have had a lot of success running it, and that Shaw is a big part of that.
Its not even the numbers. If you watch boyd play. Or even see sports center highlights you can see he makes throws Shaw doesnt even attempt. Obviously boyd is talented. But he crumbles. Weve known that for years. His problem is in his head. Look at Murray. Hes the same way.

Its the complete opposite with shaw. Hes a great athlete. Very fast. But as a qb he lacks the arm. But he keeps his cool. All the time. If he had the arm of murray and the size of boyd, my gosh.

But all these things dont diminish everything hes done. Turly dont understand why anyone on this site can have a intelligent conversation about his strength and weaknesses. And the best part is when people want to bring up thompson. Like its not even like that. People let their emotions get all fired up on here. I mean really, does anyone here honestly think shaw is a better QB than murray? He hold every record there is to have in the SEC. Imgine what spurrier would have done with him. Scary.

People wanna say that the reason shaw didnt put up big numbers is bevause the offense he plays in. Thats backwards thinking. We were a running team because we didnt pass well. How many times have we heard spurier say "were just not a good passing team". And its not a knovk on Shaw its the QB he is. How many games have we won were we threw less than 100 yards? At least two. While connor was QB we have only passed for 300 or more twice. You know spurrier. If we cpuld, we would have.

And its not even a bad thing. Because spurrier has adapted to Shaw's strength and weaknesses. And weve won because of that. We havent won many games with great QB play since hes been our QB. Weve been an extremely conservative team. That did simply what we had to do to win. Shaw hasnt done much to help lose us games. Hes helped us stay where were at which is better than weve ever been. But with a better passing qb we wpuld have beat UT. I remember a couple wide open passes missed. And UF last year. Connor missed three wide open bombs that game. A great QB makes those wide ppen throws.

Is Shaw a great quarterbavk? No. But is he a great Gamecock and overall footbll player? Yes certainly. He will always be one of the great gamecocks if not only for his character and will to win. And i think thats fair enough for anyone.
SWAGGGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:23 AM   #16
Socom Elite
Walk On
 
Socom Elite's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Irmo
Posts: 71
CockyCash: 500
Socom Elite has hatched from the shell
Default Re: Connor v. Tajh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socom Elite View Post
Connor is way mo betta. The average competition Connor plays against has much better D.

Tajh is know to blow at big times.
2010 Tajh played half a game Nd had 2 fumbles
2011 Tajh had 1 interception
2012 Tajh had 2 interceptions.

I hope this trend continues once more
Wow. Tajh really out did himself this year

Let's add
2013 Tajh had 2 interceptions and a fumble.
Socom Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:30 AM   #17
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American
 
ReadR00ster's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 7,960
CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material
Default Re: Connor v. Tajh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGGA View Post
Its not even the numbers. If you watch boyd play. Or even see sports center highlights you can see he makes throws Shaw doesnt even attempt. Obviously boyd is talented. But he crumbles. Weve known that for years. His problem is in his head. Look at Murray. Hes the same way.

Its the complete opposite with shaw. Hes a great athlete. Very fast. But as a qb he lacks the arm. But he keeps his cool. All the time. If he had the arm of murray and the size of boyd, my gosh.

But all these things dont diminish everything hes done. Turly dont understand why anyone on this site can have a intelligent conversation about his strength and weaknesses. And the best part is when people want to bring up thompson. Like its not even like that. People let their emotions get all fired up on here. I mean really, does anyone here honestly think shaw is a better QB than murray? He hold every record there is to have in the SEC. Imgine what spurrier would have done with him. Scary.

People wanna say that the reason shaw didnt put up big numbers is bevause the offense he plays in. Thats backwards thinking. We were a running team because we didnt pass well. How many times have we heard spurier say "were just not a good passing team". And its not a knovk on Shaw its the QB he is. How many games have we won were we threw less than 100 yards? At least two. While connor was QB we have only passed for 300 or more twice. You know spurrier. If we cpuld, we would have.

And its not even a bad thing. Because spurrier has adapted to Shaw's strength and weaknesses. And weve won because of that. We havent won many games with great QB play since hes been our QB. Weve been an extremely conservative team. That did simply what we had to do to win. Shaw hasnt done much to help lose us games. Hes helped us stay where were at which is better than weve ever been. But with a better passing qb we wpuld have beat UT. I remember a couple wide open passes missed. And UF last year. Connor missed three wide open bombs that game. A great QB makes those wide ppen throws.

Is Shaw a great quarterbavk? No. But is he a great Gamecock and overall footbll player? Yes certainly. He will always be one of the great gamecocks if not only for his character and will to win. And i think thats fair enough for anyone.
Completely ridiculous. You are the one who has his thinking backwards. Shaw is a great QB no matter what you think. He is the guy running our offense. The ball is going through his hands every play. No being a great football player as you say as a WR or a LB the guys is doing it at QB. The reason why we are a running team, is because of Marcus Lattimore being a ridiculously good RB and because we were having problems protecting our QB. Saying it was because we couldn't throw is absurd. Blaming him for Tennessee is equally ridiculous. No one just keeps completing bomb after bomb after bomb. Even Peyton Manning and Tom Brady miss open guys from time to time. Then then there is picking on him for "not attempting passes." Well he SHOULDN'T attempt most of those passes. Especially when we don't have to. That is WHY he is so good because that his WHY he takes care of the football. He doesn't have a cannon for an arm, big deal. His arm is strong enough to make the plays he needs to make and the fact that he doesn't throw the ball hard makes his passes easier to catch. Get a clue man.
ReadR00ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:48 AM   #18
Socom Elite
Walk On
 
Socom Elite's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Irmo
Posts: 71
CockyCash: 500
Socom Elite has hatched from the shell
Default Re: Connor v. Tajh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAGGGA View Post
Its not even the numbers. If you watch boyd play. Or even see sports center highlights you can see he makes throws Shaw doesnt even attempt.
Maybe thats because he doesn't need to risk sketchy throws when he can take off and run for a first down. Maybe that's why Boyd gets picked off.

For years I've watched Hopkins and Watkins save his ass.
Socom Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:54 AM   #19
Rooster Booster
Pastor of Disaster
 
Rooster Booster's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Paducah, KY
Posts: 64
CockyCash: 500
Rooster Booster has feathers coming inRooster Booster has feathers coming in
Default Re: Connor v. Tajh

Would any Gamecock fan, with any level of seriousness, be willing to trade Connor Shaw for Tajh Boyd?

Exactly.
__________________

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man. Wooooo!" - Ric Flair
Rooster Booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:18 AM   #20
SWAGGGA
Banned
 
SWAGGGA's Avatar
 
Male

Join Date: May 2013
Location: Gwood
Posts: 550
CockyCash: 1200
SWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudlySWAGGGA is crowing loudly
Default Re: Connor v. Tajh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadR00ster View Post
Completely ridiculous. You are the one who has his thinking backwards. Shaw is a great QB no matter what you think. He is the guy running our offense. The ball is going through his hands every play. No being a great football player as you say as a WR or a LB the guys is doing it at QB. The reason why we are a running team, is because of Marcus Lattimore being a ridiculously good RB and because we were having problems protecting our QB. Saying it was because we couldn't throw is absurd. Blaming him for Tennessee is equally ridiculous. No one just keeps completing bomb after bomb after bomb. Even Peyton Manning and Tom Brady miss open guys from time to time. Then then there is picking on him for "not attempting passes." Well he SHOULDN'T attempt most of those passes. Especially when we don't have to. That is WHY he is so good because that his WHY he takes care of the football. He doesn't have a cannon for an arm, big deal. His arm is strong enough to make the plays he needs to make and the fact that he doesn't throw the ball hard makes his passes easier to catch. Get a clue man.
Wow. I dont think you should post ever again. Your points are just... bad. I laid out a great post for you. Backed up with facts. And this is what you write. Sad. Obviously cockytalk isnt a place to talk with real football knowledge. Because to many either dont kno the game well enough. Or let their love for certain players get in the way. Oh well.

You said were a running team because marcus is so good.
First off. Marcus isnt even on the team. Second. During marcus' best year we had a QB throw over 3000 yards. You know why? Because we could. If that doesnt blow your mind and show you how wrong you are, then look at UGA. They run well with Gurley and murray puts up great numbers.

We lost to UT because they hung around. Look at the stats. A better passing QB wpuld have destroyed them.

Its amazing. I can have great football talk with anyone willing in person. But get on the internet and people lose it. We will be a good running team next year too. But we will have many more passing yards too.

And as for your other point. The reason shaw is so good is beause he doesnt make risky thows... lol makes no sense. So what your saying is hes so good because hes not good enough to make those throws? Why you think our passing attack is so bland? Why we dont see more intermediate routes? Because spurrier knows shaw doesnt have the arm strength to make them. He threw a curl route saturay that took forever to get there. And a clemson db was there to pick it off. And he would have, if our receiver didnt snatch it away. How many times has connor underthrown a ball and our guy save his ass by snatching it out of the DBs hands.

Look. Your defense of shaw is ridiculous. No one is attacking/bashing him. I clearly gave him resect and props. But people wanna act like hes some great quarterback. He is a very gifted athleate. With limited passing ability. But like i said , that doesnt take away from everything hes done for the university. He is undoubtedly one of the greatest gamecocks of all time.
SWAGGGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Provided by SLB Development