CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
catdaddy66
Thenardier
G&B
b381l
spareparts
sporkgod50
ReadR00ster
GoldenSpur7
usc1
Gyle41386
Ole Miss Projected R (590)
Sunday college footb (534)
So who was the dude (514)
Early Pre-Season wom (509)
Kentucky Inmate Star (506)
Acock reviews the SE (481)
Tennessee hires Donn (447)
Get the SEC Network (447)
2001 vs Sandstorm (394)
Does anyone have a l (265)
Tennessee hires Donnie Ty
Victor Hampton Arrested
**USC vs. Davidson GAME T
2001 vs Sandstorm
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
2015 - Nyheim Hines
Name a Gamecock
Ole Miss Projected RT Sta
Kelcy and Vic questioned
Softball tops Georgia Sou

Old 12-04-2013, 11:01 AM   #21
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Cotton Bowl... No thanks

Cotton Bowl would be essentially a road game... Choices of who we would play is Baylor, Oklahoma or Texas... I wouldn't mind playing any of them, but I would be glad we would get 3 weeks to prepare for Baylor (and that offense)
Old 12-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #22
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 600
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker View Post
Cotton Bowl is not going to take us because we won't have 10,000 people there. Longest trip and the tickets start at like $150
The allotment is 12,500 per team. I would be surprised if we didn't sell all of those and send a few more thousand fans.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:05 AM   #23
Jim Lahey
I am the liquor

Male

CockyCash: 541
Jim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot materialJim Lahey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscgamecocks88 View Post
It would be cool to play Texas or Oklahoma

Playing either one of those teams in the Cotton would be awesome!

Trailer Park Supervisor
Jim Lahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:07 AM   #24
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 600
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
Playing either one of those teams in the Cotton would be awesome!
Could be last game for Brown, especially after we win.

And the match-up of Spurrier and Stoops would be enticing.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #25
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Id like to play Oklahoma or Texas... 2 reasons.. Because its Oklahoma or Texas, and the other reason.. I think we would beat the hell out of either one..
Old 12-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #26
kick_ball
high midi-chlorian count

Male

CockyCash: 521
kick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot materialkick_ball is USC mascot material

terrible attitude to have... "yeah lets not play a difficult team cause it might be hard and we might lose" .... who do you think the team would rather play ... duke or Baylor... if we go to Atlanta it would be boring for both the team and the fans my guess if we did go to Atlanta vs duke we wouldn't sell out our allotment because of fans would not be interested in even going
Old 12-04-2013, 11:10 AM   #27
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

To add to this... If we played Oklahoma or Texas (and beat them).. that means, in the last 3 years.. we would have beaten

Nebraska
Michigan
Texas/Oklahoma

That is impressive
Old 12-04-2013, 11:14 AM   #28
Army Gamecock
Walk On

Male

CockyCash: 500
Army Gamecock has earned his spursArmy Gamecock has earned his spursArmy Gamecock has earned his spursArmy Gamecock has earned his spursArmy Gamecock has earned his spursArmy Gamecock has earned his spurs

We played Art Briles' Houston team in the Liberty Bowl a years ago and it was a shootout, but our D is much better now. That was SOS' first or second year as our coach.
Army Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #29
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

yup, give me any one of those 3 teams, and id like it if it were at least a top 15 team.
crowcutta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:28 AM   #30
SpurProsecutor
Downhill Runner

Male

SpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spursSpurProsecutor has earned his spurs

Carolina can beat any of those teams if Shaw is on and the defense shows up ... the bigger the matchup the better!
SpurProsecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:39 AM   #31
henmania
Game MVP

Male

henmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPithenmania rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL View Post
I think this is the direction the Cotton Bowl would go for. A Spurrier vs Stoops or Brown would be a draw. USC vs Bay would not get much national attention.
I think Texas beats Baylor and goes to the Cotton. And Texas has already said they want the highest ranked available opponent, which would be us. With Texas in the game, ticket sales won't be a problem so that's not an issue. And Texas gets what they want in the state of Texas. Would be interesting too since spurrier has never been to the Cotton.
henmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:47 AM   #32
CockyinVA
Recruit

Male

CockyinVA is making other chickens nervousCockyinVA is making other chickens nervousCockyinVA is making other chickens nervousCockyinVA is making other chickens nervousCockyinVA is making other chickens nervousCockyinVA is making other chickens nervousCockyinVA is making other chickens nervous

This is a valid point. We should be scared. I am sure Clowney is going to be having Bryce Petty nightmares for the next month if we go to the Cotton Bowl.

Honestly, I would like to see us petition to move out of the SEC and back to the ACC. Ew, but then we would have to deal with Florida state. How about the American Athletic Conference? We did beat UCF. I think that is much more our speed.

</sarcasm>

I do not understand not wanting to play great teams for fear of losing. You can't be great unless you compete with greatness. I can understand people not wanting the Cotton Bowl because of cost/travel issues, but fear of playing a good team? C'mon!
CockyinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:47 AM   #33
TKE226
Damn Yankee

Male

CockyCash: 1768234
TKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot materialTKE226 is USC mascot material

to be better, you have to beat the best...why shy away from a match up with a good team?

That seems like an ACC attitude
TKE226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:47 AM   #34
behindenemylines
Tater Edumacated

Male

CockyCash: 200
behindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPitbehindenemylines rules the CockPit

I am sure HBC, the coaches and the team have the opinion of ANYONE ANYTIME ANYWHERE...BRING IT! We no longer have players on this team that will "mail it in" because they are counting the dollars on the next level. The leaders of this team will make sure we are prepared and ready to go. Cotton, Cap 1, Outback, Chic fil A, or whatever. WE WILL BE READY!

He wasn't very tough, We were just missing tackles. - UGA safety Bacarri Rambo said

Y'all see 246. I see 300. - Latti

The ONLY disability in life is a bad attitude. - Matthew Jeffers
behindenemylines is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:51 AM   #35
Latti
Uscooper

Male

Latti has developed his gaff and talonsLatti has developed his gaff and talonsLatti has developed his gaff and talonsLatti has developed his gaff and talonsLatti has developed his gaff and talonsLatti has developed his gaff and talonsLatti has developed his gaff and talonsLatti has developed his gaff and talonsLatti has developed his gaff and talonsLatti has developed his gaff and talonsLatti has developed his gaff and talons

All this sucks cause we deserve a BCS game but get passed over again because of the stupid 3 team rule.
Latti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:54 AM   #36
BlueHerons
Recruit

Female

BlueHerons has feathers coming inBlueHerons has feathers coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latti View Post
All this sucks cause we deserve a BCS game but get passed over again because of the stupid 3 team rule.
Yep. Three of the teams we beat will play in a BCS game.

Clemson going again is disgusting.
BlueHerons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:55 AM   #37
Latti
Uscooper

Male

Latti has developed his gaff and talonsLatti has developed his gaff and talonsLatti has developed his gaff and talonsLatti has developed his gaff and talonsLatti has developed his gaff and talonsLatti has developed his gaff and talonsLatti has developed his gaff and talonsLatti has developed his gaff and talonsLatti has developed his gaff and talonsLatti has developed his gaff and talonsLatti has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHerons View Post
Yep. Three of the teams we beat will play in a BCS game.

Clemson going again is disgusting.
Yep we have 3 top 15 victories while Clemson has 1, ucf has 1 and NIU has 0.
Latti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:56 AM   #38
carolinacocky
Walk On

Male

carolinacocky has developed his gaff and talonscarolinacocky has developed his gaff and talonscarolinacocky has developed his gaff and talonscarolinacocky has developed his gaff and talonscarolinacocky has developed his gaff and talonscarolinacocky has developed his gaff and talonscarolinacocky has developed his gaff and talonscarolinacocky has developed his gaff and talonscarolinacocky has developed his gaff and talonscarolinacocky has developed his gaff and talonscarolinacocky has developed his gaff and talons

Cotton Bowl in Dallas is fine... I'd watch it on TV.
Cap One in Orlando is fine... I'd see it in person like last time.
carolinacocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #39
SanAntonioCock
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 111606
SanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot materialSanAntonioCock is USC mascot material

Maybe we should drop the football program.

If you are worried about playing Baylor in Dallas, I don't know what to say to you.
We are the mighty Gamecocks.

Never forget the "y"
SanAntonioCock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:05 PM   #40
grannycock
Banned

Female

CockyCash: 200
grannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPit

The higher ranked the better. Stop it with some of these pussy attitudes.
grannycock is offline   Reply With Quote