CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
thumpin big
U-Dub Gamecock
b381l
smoovecock
kabercr2
Cockypantherfan
markymark550
GregoryHouse
Transmaniacon
Spurrier on Pharoah: (2913)
USC/clemson spread (1242)
In case no one saw.. (1033)
injury report? (849)
Odell Becham Catch (543)
A little late to the (386)
Clemson Stacking the (362)
Tiger Burn (357)
2010 Clemson-Carolin (248)
Why has there been 4 (193)
clemson game time: Noon o
3,000 / 1,000 / 1,000
Texans getting frustrated
How do you prep your bird
Spurrier on Pharoah: &quo
Shaq Roland
Ten Years Ago (yesterday)
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
**USC vs. South Alabama G
THE Vent and Coaching Cha

Old 12-05-2013, 12:22 AM   #1
5150harley
Sandlapper Pools

Male

CockyCash: 500
5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material5150harley is USC mascot material
Default Exhaust fans in your bathroom

What is a good exhaust fan to move moisture / air and quiet? I don't feel like researching.

#fartfan
Old 12-05-2013, 12:24 AM   #2
bryarx
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1974
bryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot materialbryarx is USC mascot material
Default Re: Exhaust fans in your bathroom

bryarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 12:46 AM   #3
SwampFox
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 500
SwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot materialSwampFox is USC mascot material

The Nutone fans available at Home Depot or Lowes will do what you want. Most of the stores have a display set us where you can see how loud a fan will be. The amount of air in CFM will be on the box.

Obviously the higher the cost, the better the quality and the more air it will move and the less noise it will make. If you can get a look in the box, a fan that has blades that look like a ships paddlewheel will be noisy. Fans that resemble a squirrel cage will be more quiet.

Scotland Forever

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.u...eum/index.html
SwampFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 12:51 AM   #4
robgusc76
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 101200
robgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot materialrobgusc76 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to robgusc76

Am I the only one who turns on those fans for the noise because I have a quiet bathroom?
robgusc76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 01:32 AM   #5
TaterHater1984
The Original Tater Hater

Male

CockyCash: 100000
TaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot materialTaterHater1984 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to TaterHater1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgusc76 View Post
Am I the only one who turns on those fans for the noise because I have a quiet bathroom?
Definitely not. That's the only reason I use one because they certainly aren't useful for what they're supposed to do.
TaterHater1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:21 AM   #6
Thenardier
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 200
Thenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot materialThenardier is USC mascot material

I wish I had the set up the hotel I stayed at after the Iron Bowl had. No fan, but had an air vent, due to the different air pressure, I the water temp at maximum but had no fog or condensation at all in the bathroom.
Thenardier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:31 AM   #7
Mechanical Cock
Blue Chip

Male

Mechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPitMechanical Cock rules the CockPit

I bought one and installed a few weeks ago from Uline from Lowes. 109$ deal with a humidity sensor. My wife isnt very good about turning on the fan so i took the decosion away from her a little. Also it is very quiet. Only moves 80cfm but the bathroom is small enough. If you are like me and up at 5 then a quiet fan is good for te rest of the house.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:36 AM   #8
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Whatever fan you get, make sure it pulls enough air. The main reason you want those in your bathroom is to get the humidity out so that there will not be mositure near your ducts in your house. If you call a HVAC company, ask to speak with one of their techs and then ask him what he would put in his bathroom. I'm having one installed in the next week or two and that is the route I went

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:37 AM   #9
2000grad
Unofficial WDW Expert

Male

CockyCash: 1000468
2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material2000grad is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5150harley View Post
What is a good exhaust fan to move moisture / air and quiet? I don't feel like researching.

#fartfan
You can also find many suggestions here

2000grad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:46 AM   #10
stiffolcock
trust me

Male

stiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot materialstiffolcock is USC mascot material

how many cubic feet is the bathroom?
Old 12-05-2013, 10:54 AM   #11
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

I've got a Fantech. Don't like it. My GC swore it moved a lot of air but my wife still steams up the bathroom with her really hot showers.
gamecockphan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:10 PM   #12
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Make sure it exhausts into the outside and not just the attic. Most homes prior to the 2000's that have fans exhaust into the attic.

On a side note, keep that in mind if you have to drop a hard deuce when someone is getting Christmas decorations out of the attic, or doing work or an inspection.

Just sayin
Old 12-07-2013, 12:30 AM   #13
Shimano
Recruit

Male

Shimano has earned his spursShimano has earned his spursShimano has earned his spursShimano has earned his spursShimano has earned his spursShimano has earned his spurs

Get Panasonic or Broan.
Shimano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 01:37 AM   #14
MB_Gamecock
Mudda Fricka

Male

CockyCash: 810886789
MB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot materialMB_Gamecock is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxcockFL View Post
Make sure it exhausts into the outside and not just the attic. Most homes prior to the 2000's that have fans exhaust into the attic.

On a side note, keep that in mind if you have to drop a hard deuce when someone is getting Christmas decorations out of the attic, or doing work or an inspection.

Just sayin
What if it is exhausting outside and your neighbor is hosting a deck party downwind?
MB_Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:39 AM   #15
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 4058916
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimano View Post
Get Panasonic or Broan.
Broan and nutone are the same company. Use the same internals usually only differences are in the grills. I say broan or nutone. Support American business. They are made in wisconsin. Panasonic is a Japanese company made in china. It is also easy to get individual replacements parts for nutone are easy to come by.
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:13 AM   #16
GregoryHouse
Moonocababa

Male

CockyCash: 30400
GregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot materialGregoryHouse is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB_Gamecock View Post
What if it is exhausting outside and your neighbor is hosting a deck party downwind?

The question then becomes were you invited?
Old 12-07-2013, 08:12 PM   #17
JaxcockFL
Cunning Linquist

Male

CockyCash: 104965
JaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot materialJaxcockFL is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB_Gamecock View Post

Drop the nuke....fallout is their problem.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:07 AM   #18
CockyandProud
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 2450
CockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot materialCockyandProud is USC mascot material

I'm going to remodel the master bath in my house, and I told my wife that I'm putting in a fan so powerful that we will have a seatbelt on the toilet.
CockyandProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 01:39 AM   #19
Tony
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 350
Tony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talonsTony has developed his gaff and talons

"Drop a herd deuce"... I like that.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:13 AM   #20
Ole Gregg
make an assessment

Male

CockyCash: 7567085
Ole Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot materialOle Gregg is USC mascot material

Panasonic is quieter and will move more air given the same ducting, and ducting is extremely important if you want to move the most air possible. some people want the quietest fan they can get, others not so much.

just the facts ma'am.
w
\.
" Are you playing your love games with me? "
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxaP19pY1FI
Ole Gregg is online now   Reply With Quote