CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
U-Dub Gamecock
rosstheboss
ReadR00ster
Latti
donbgamecock
GamecockStud
ConwayGamecock
Bobby Boucher
Regalcock
El Cid Ranger
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (6522)
BREAD (551)
Sindarius Thornwell (492)
Dress shirt help (383)
Best Child Acting Pe (319)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (217)
Well gameday just go (162)
South Carolina @ Aub (154)
Unsung Hero (108)
Chicago ND fan/SEC b (81)
MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
Burger Kings angry whoppe
Happy Nowruz!
Gamecocks in the Majors/M
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3
Sindarius Thornwell Draft
Chicago ND fan/SEC book i
Happy Birthday, Coach Spu
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!

Old 12-06-2013, 12:50 AM   #1
ZenUSC
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 500
ZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudly
Default Shaq's Incomplete Pass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iprjGLIAm7M

The more I watch this play the more I think the refs and the replay booth blew the call. It looks like a safety.

Shaq has the ball with two hands for a catch. He brings it in takes 3 steps and fumbles while trying to extend for the goal line. He was never down.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:54 AM   #2
eaglegolf018
#1 Gamecock Braves Fan

Male

CockyCash: 96872
eaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot materialeaglegolf018 is USC mascot material
Default Re: Shaq's Incomplete Pass

Well, lets get 1 thing straight. That's not a safety. It would've been a touchback. In no way would Clemson have been given 2 points.
eaglegolf018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:55 AM   #3
grannycock
Banned

Female

CockyCash: 200
grannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPit

Safety? Touchback maybe, but I think he caught it and he was down on the one or two.
grannycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:55 AM   #4
markymark550
Game MVP

Male

markymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot materialmarkymark550 is USC mascot material

To me, it looked like a good catch and his knee was down before the fumble.

Wouldn't matter if it was a touchback though. We still would have taken the PI.
markymark550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 12:56 AM   #5
gamecockphan
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 2200
gamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot materialgamecockphan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenUSC View Post

The more I watch this play the more I think the refs and the replay booth blew the call. It looks like a safety.

Shaq has the ball with two hands for a catch. He brings it in takes 3 steps and fumbles while trying to extend for the goal line. He was never down.
Where to begin with how wrong this post is....?
gamecockphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:02 AM   #6
ZenUSC
Blue Chip

Male

ZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudlyZenUSC is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecockphan View Post
Where to begin with how wrong this post is....?
Just state your case. That's what I wanted folks to do.
Sorry I said safety. I meant touchback.

This play drives me nuts. I see why they blew it. Now I think Shaq is down on the one.

The only thing for sure is they made the wrong call. However that was a good penalty Clemson committed. It prevented 7.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:04 AM   #7
uscfan715
Walk On

Male

uscfan715 is learning to peckuscfan715 is learning to peck

Quote:

The more I watch this play the more I think the refs and the replay booth blew the call. It looks like a catch.

Shaq has the ball with two hands for a catch. He brings it in takes 3 steps and fumbles while trying to extend for the goal line, but he was down.
Fixed your post!
uscfan715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:08 AM   #8
ConwayGamecock
The Classic Double-Take

Male

CockyCash: 31943
ConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot materialConwayGamecock is USC mascot material

I think the decision was that Shaq didn't make a "touchdown move"...he took steps but was taking steps as he was falling down to the ground. He needed to take steps as he was maintaining balance, while maintaining possession of the ball...
Old 12-06-2013, 01:17 AM   #9
ZenUSC
Blue Chip

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
I think the decision was that Shaq didn't make a "touchdown move"...he took steps but was taking steps as he was falling down to the ground. He needed to take steps as he was maintaining balance, while maintaining possession of the ball...
Is that your opinion as well? It looks like he had it in both hands for a catch. Just look at that part. On the radio a ref on Teddy's show said if he had just gone down it would have been a catch. So another words he did catch it. That is key. He did catch it. How can he catch it and then uncatch it?
Old 12-06-2013, 01:45 AM   #10
uscfan715
Walk On

Male

uscfan715 is learning to peckuscfan715 is learning to peck

Quote:
Is that your opinion as well? It looks like he had it in both hands for a catch. Just look at that part. On the radio a ref on Teddy's show said if he had just gone down it would have been a catch. So another words he did catch it. That is key. He did catch it. How can he catch it and then uncatch it?
I think that if he would have just gone down and wouldn't have stretched for it, then he wouldn't have lost the ball. Maybe that was the point he was making. It looks like a catch, but I think that they went with what was called on the field because they felt that it was too close to overturn.
uscfan715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:46 AM   #11
qcgamecock
Bowl MVP

Male

qcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot materialqcgamecock is USC mascot material

It was a bad call, he catches the ball and then turns while putting the ball in his left hand taking 3 steps, that is a football move and the ball comes loose as he is hitting the ground though it appears it could have been coming loose before he hits the ground. I think they took the high road as it is real close as to if he fumbles and just called it incomplete since we would have took the PI in that case anyway and to call it down at the 1 or 2yd line seems to be insufficient evidence.
qcgamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:48 AM   #12
usc1
Class of 2013

Male

usc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot materialusc1 is USC mascot material

It is 100% a catch. He catches it, no bobble, takes 3 steps, elbow hits the ground (so he's down) then it comes out.

The review guy has one job.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:02 AM   #13
uscsandstorm85
Bowl MVP

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

We need better replay procedures in college football.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:16 AM   #14
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

his right thigh came down and maybe his elbow and entire right leg before that ball came loose. Get an eye exam.
ReadR00ster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:21 AM   #15
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock View Post
You mean "football move." Taking 5 steps with the ball secure is concrete evidence of a "football move." I haven't hear any rule that says that you have have to have good balance while taking steps after you catch the ball for it to be a catch. I think you are making stuff up now.
ReadR00ster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:31 AM   #16
M.C.
The original "Mastercock"

Male

M.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot materialM.C. is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to M.C.

this thread is full of fail

haha

All you Clemson Tigers Can Kiss My Garnet Ass -M.C.
M.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:46 AM   #17
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit

from what I understand, he didn't complete the process of catching the ball. What that means, I have no effin clue. That's just how it was explained to me by a neutral football friend
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:36 AM   #18
gamecockguy
Two Deep

Male

CockyCash: 1300
gamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talonsgamecockguy has developed his gaff and talons

He was down before he lost the ball so touchback is out of the window.

And it reminded me of a similar play that happened in the Auburn and UGA game. Even though both players make what looks to be football moves, they don't maintain possession of the ball through contact with the ground.

Still think they should count as catches but I don't write the rules
gamecockguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:25 AM   #19
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 5661799
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

Taking three steps and turning up field with the ball in two hands. Then reach for the goal line sounds like a football move to me
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:44 AM   #20
lakemurraycock
Blue Chip

CockyCash: 357
lakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudlylakemurraycock is crowing loudly

It was a catch. He should have been down on the one or so yard line. Worst case scenario was what happened, the PI. Even if it was a reception and they said he fumbled it out of the end zone the ref had already thrown the flag for PI. So we would have taken the PI.
lakemurraycock is offline   Reply With Quote