CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
JerseyBird
bcolinc
ConwayGamecock
Latti
Gamecocks1137
usc1
kingofnerf
FanofCarolina1
Storm Of Spurs
carcosa
**USC vs. Clemson GA (6072)
Decommitment from Te (1035)
Duck Bowl Depth Char (799)
Cleveland Browns Hea (671)
Garcia and Clemsux T (658)
Need a dog kennel (280)
Four USC Basketball (275)
NCAAB: CLEMSON @ SOU (217)
5 apps to turn your (165)
Bowl packages (162)
2014 Subway Classic:**USC
looks like we have 2 OL r
**USC vs. Clemson GAME Th
The U ends apparel deal w
Former Gamecock rooting f
So, why is next year goin
The Vent and Coaching cha
Duck Bowl Depth Chart
Previewing Clemson
How Long Will The Rebuild

Old 12-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #1
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 500
carolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPit
Default Thank you from Brock Huard

Brock Huard ‏@BrockESPN 1 Dec
Thank You Clemson & South Carolina for providing one of the best game day experiences I have had in 6 years w/ESPN #Passion #Electric
carolinacoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:45 PM   #2
Garnet Gamecock
Banned

Male

Garnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot materialGarnet Gamecock is USC mascot material
Default Re: Thank you from Brock Huard

How cool is that?

I have liked Brock from day one. What a classy thing to do.

He's the one that predicted the pass from Pharoh to Brandon and he gave great props to the HBC for his play calling.
Garnet Gamecock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:48 PM   #3
Flameout12
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Thanks....seems like a classy guy.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:49 PM   #4
Biocockanics
WMD

Male

CockyCash: 10260
Biocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot materialBiocockanics is USC mascot material

never liked that chump, ever.

OF COURSE he liked our game, he usualyl only does Big10 games right? Whats there to compare?
Old 12-06-2013, 08:51 PM   #5
Blackland
Banned

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
Blackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his combBlackland is developing his comb

The ESPN announcers both soundered like Clempson fans, I am surprised it was their first game here...
Blackland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:28 PM   #6
carolinacoast
Household Name

Male

carolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPitcarolinacoast rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackland View Post
The ESPN announcers both soundered like Clempson fans, I am surprised it was their first game here...
I thought that at first, but then I realized they kept talking about Clemson's defense so much because they were on the field so much! I heard Morris's name only once, but a lot more on their defensive coordinator. Also, they said a lot of good things about Connor, and Spurrier, and the crowd. Frankly, the Boyd/Clowney attention was to be expected. You got to walk the talk. Even Spurrier wished JD had never said it. JD and team did prove themselves, though.

Last edited by carolinacoast; 12-06-2013 at 09:41 PM.
carolinacoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:01 PM   #7
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Huard is a Husky... Classy is how we roll!
Old 12-06-2013, 10:07 PM   #8
FanofCarolina1
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 2462144
FanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot materialFanofCarolina1 is USC mascot material

Well that was pretty cool of him to say.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #9
cocky-K
4-Star

Female

cocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his comb

I like that guy. He was one of the ESPN dudes who called the game in Taterville in 2010. AJ1 was sick with some kind of bug, but had a great game anyway, and AA picked off Kyle what's-his-face.
cocky-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:03 PM   #10
GamecockSHEP
fatfunnyguy.blogspot.com

Male

CockyCash: 36110
GamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot materialGamecockSHEP is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocky-K View Post
I like that guy. He was one of the ESPN dudes who called the game in Taterville in 2010. AJ1 was sick with some kind of bug, but had a great game anyway, and AA picked off Kyle what's-his-face.
I believe you are referencing Kelly Parker, their QB who would run out of bounds for 3-5 yard losses instead of throwing the ball out of bounds.
GamecockSHEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 12:26 PM   #11
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackland View Post
I was so focused on the game I didn't really pay any attention to them to be honest.
Old 12-07-2013, 03:39 PM   #12
cocky-K
4-Star

Female

cocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his combcocky-K is developing his comb

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSHEP View Post
I believe you are referencing Kelly Parker, their QB who would run out of bounds for 3-5 yard losses instead of throwing the ball out of bounds.
Parker. That's the one. He came back for another season, when he should've said peace out, and went on to the Rockies for baseball. I guess Dabo told him they were going to have a special season.
cocky-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 05:18 PM   #13
eaddy1847
Gamecock Since 1976

Male

CockyCash: 800
eaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot materialeaddy1847 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biocockanics View Post
never liked that chump, ever.

OF COURSE he liked our game, he usualyl only does Big10 games right? Whats there to compare?

I assume you are joking but as a die-hard Cock fan I can tell you from a "gameday" perspective the B1G does it right. Their tailgate festivities are up there amongst the best if not THE actual best.

I went to Wisconsin @ Ohio State the year Ron Dayne won the Heisman when OSU was expanding the Horseshoe. Again, I am lifelong Gamecock and while I would love to say we trumped their Gameday experience, I can tell you they had the best festivities I have ever attended at any game Pro or College.

Literally blocks upon blocks shut down for massive crowds, live bands playing every other block, hundreds of buses and RVs serving up free food and beer to anyone walking by. The crowd was so immersed with each other that it felt like the tailgate was endless.

Think of how OSU fans get so into even their marching band performances. You know the whole dotting the "i" deal, their love and passion for college football and a Gameday experience is as good as it gets.

I would put it on my bucket list if you have never been, trust me it was insane. Don't knock it without trying it first.

Now football-wise, yes the B1G is nowhere the same ballpark as the SEC. Agree 110% there.