CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
ertman420
3MTA3
JerseyBird
GarnetSwarm1990
rosstheboss
spareparts
Ericvol2096
usc90grad
MWard
ESPN article on Clow (1065)
Clemson Georgia Game (834)
Mangus now coaching (716)
Can Tennessee get to (523)
Chick Redefines the (314)
Spread vs. aTm (263)
The Bama series (254)
Truly Inspiring (226)
Dodge NY Auto Show N (218)
2 Crazy things (196)
Can Tennessee get to a Bo
Worse Hire Brad Scott or
ESPN Article on HBC on on
**USC vs. USC-Upstate GAM
2 Crazy things
ESPN article on Clowney -
SEC Network "Take It
Lindy's top 100 for 2010
2015 - Taj Griffin
The Bama series

Old 12-08-2013, 11:47 PM   #21
Latti
Uscooper

Male

CockyCash: 1000
Latti has developed his gaff and talonsLatti has developed his gaff and talonsLatti has developed his gaff and talonsLatti has developed his gaff and talonsLatti has developed his gaff and talonsLatti has developed his gaff and talonsLatti has developed his gaff and talonsLatti has developed his gaff and talonsLatti has developed his gaff and talonsLatti has developed his gaff and talonsLatti has developed his gaff and talons
Default Re: Complain about the Bowl thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
I would have been as excited as possible if we landed in the BCS.

How many BCS bowls have we played in?

How many Capital One bowls have we played in?
But our season would have gone exactly the same.
Latti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:54 PM   #22
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

CockyCash: 500
Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material
Default Complain about the Bowl thread

We knew we wouldn't get a BCS bowl last week. I don't see what the big let down is! If you wanted to complain Y'all should have created a thread last week.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:57 PM   #23
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

I find it.... ironic that most of the complainers aren't actually posting here.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:00 AM   #24
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latti View Post

The team achieved the same exact things on the field during the regular season in either scenario. Yet in one scenario, the team has earned approval and support, while in the other, they have earned disgust. Makes perfect sense right?
Old 12-09-2013, 12:01 AM   #25
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina4Life View Post
We knew we wouldn't get a BCS bowl last week. I don't see what the big let down is! If you wanted to complain Y'all should have created a thread last week.

This.

Just goes to show the intelligence level of said fans IMO. It took them a week to figure out what everyone else already knew.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:04 AM   #26
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

CockyCash: 1350
garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
This.

Just goes to show the intelligence level of said fans IMO. It took them a week to figure out what everyone else already knew.
I knew we weren't going to a BCS bowl. I just don't want to see us in another boring bowl in a boring city in a boring stadium on a boring network against a boring opponent from a boring conference.

I don't have a problem with us not getting a BCS bowl. I'm just saying the Cotton Bowl against OK State would have been A LOT more appealing and fun.
garnet_black215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:05 AM   #27
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

garnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot materialgarnet_black215 is USC mascot material

Quote:
A win in a BCS bowl (which, in case you forgot, we've never played in) to get to 11 wins is a lot more appealing than getting an 11th win in the exact same scenario in which we've gotten it the previous two years.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:09 AM   #28
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickerspl80 View Post
This thread is a joke. Makes the fanbase look like a bunch of whiners
Don't generalize our entire fan base because of a few upset fans.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:11 AM   #29
DJ35
4-Star

Male

DJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spurs

Being a top 10 team with 3 consecutive 10 win seasons, the longest home win streak in the nation, and beating Clemson 5 years in a row simply does not earn my appreciation or approval.
Quote:
t
I am very appreciative of all of these things, and I will support Carolina 100% in the Capital One Bowl. I hope Carolina beats wisconsin and gets their 3rd straight 11 win season. So, as I have said earlier, you can support Carolina and not be satisfied with the bowl game because I'm in that group. Ask the team if going to the Capital One Bowl was one of the goals set before the season started and tell us what they say. Every time I've heard coach Spurrier or any of the players mention goals it's usually to win the SEC and the NC.
[/quote]
DJ35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:22 AM   #30
carolinamyke
Recruit

Male

carolinamyke is making other chickens nervouscarolinamyke is making other chickens nervouscarolinamyke is making other chickens nervouscarolinamyke is making other chickens nervouscarolinamyke is making other chickens nervouscarolinamyke is making other chickens nervouscarolinamyke is making other chickens nervous

Some people just kill me. They quickly forget where we were just few years ago. Now complaining. IF next year we go 8-4 and go to a bad bowl just watch out. Why cany people just enjoy us finally having success. AND NO it doesn't mean rest of us don't want to be SEC champs or NCAA champs or in BCS.
carolinamyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:24 AM   #31
carolinamyke
Recruit

Male

carolinamyke is making other chickens nervouscarolinamyke is making other chickens nervouscarolinamyke is making other chickens nervouscarolinamyke is making other chickens nervouscarolinamyke is making other chickens nervouscarolinamyke is making other chickens nervouscarolinamyke is making other chickens nervous

Ask the team if they want to be supported for a great season. ask the team since they did not make a BCS bowl do they want their fans to jusyt say thanks , but no thanks. Come on man
carolinamyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:33 AM   #32
GamecockSuperFan
Run the damn ball

Male

CockyCash: 1000
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinamyke View Post
Some people just kill me. They quickly forget where we were just few years ago. Now complaining. IF next year we go 8-4 and go to a bad bowl just watch out. Why cany people just enjoy us finally having success. AND NO it doesn't mean rest of us don't want to be SEC champs or NCAA champs or in BCS.
Yeah why would anyone want to remember a few years ago? what's wrong with forgetting? that's the problem here. Some fans (mainly the older ones who witnessed all the losing seasons) want to justify it by saying "look where we were" That's loser talk.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:34 AM   #33
garnet_black215
31-17.

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSuperFan View Post
Yeah why would anyone want to remember a few years ago? what's wrong with forgetting? that's the problem here. Some fans (mainly the older ones who witnessed all the losing seasons) want to justify it by saying "look where we were" That's loser talk.
Points.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:43 AM   #34
Reeser
Recruit

Male

Reeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his combReeser is developing his comb

Quote:
I like this post a lot. We look to the future, otherwise we're Clemson fans......
Old 12-09-2013, 12:47 AM   #35
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Quote:

No it's called being grounded/realistic and keeping your perspective. We're not a powerhouse program but we are trending in the right direction and building a foundation. There's nothing "loser" about where our program is right now. We are a ****ing top 10 team right now. Look at the accolades we have built up over the last 3 years. Look at the level of athlete who plays in the SEC, the level of teams we have in the SEC, and the number of teams in the SEC. Only 2 teams play in ATL and only one wins the SEC. Only 2 get to play in BCS bowls. We are a contender. You don't have to be head over heels for the Cap 1, but acting like attending its beneath you is absurd.

Our past is relevant because it set us up where we are now. We don't have the tradition, facilities, etc that
most of these championship programs do. It's harder for us to get where they are. It takes progress and building sustained success. You can't just say "past doesn't matter, let's start contending for titles tomorrow." Life doesn't work that way.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:53 AM   #36
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Fact is we fell short of some of our goals, but also achieved some awesome stuff. If you can't look at the big picture and take some time to appreciate and celebrate what we did accomplish this year, then you need to reevaluate why you're a fan.

The bowl game is an opportunity to go vacation in Orlando, celebrate, and show support and appreciation to the team. I question anyone who turns their nose up at that.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:53 AM   #37
GamecockGirl23
Bowl MVP

Female

CockyCash: 11271
GamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPitGamecockGirl23 rules the CockPit

I think the so called whiners are just the fans that have realized that we can't get too comfortable with any type of plateau. I for one am certainly happy that we have another good record which includes beating Clemson and going to a good bowl game...i also realize we have an extremely young team this season, but there was no excuse for us losing to ut this season. I think alot of us are ready for the next step to be taken. we are ready to reach a new level and that should be an expectation the fans should have at this point. we have the talent, we have the coaching, and I fully believe that we are seeing everything come together little by little. there's gotta be some level of patience involved as well though. we are going in the right direction. we will get there, gotta keep believing.
GamecockGirl23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:54 AM   #38
DJ35
4-Star

Male

DJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spursDJ35 has earned his spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinamyke View Post
Ask the team if they want to be supported for a great season. ask the team since they did not make a BCS bowl do they want their fans to jusyt say thanks , but no thanks. Come on man
I'm not a thanks, but no thanks kind of fan. If I could I would be one of the first in the stadium and one of the last to leave on Jan. 1.
DJ35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:00 AM   #39
Tmhays87
Walk On

Male

Tmhays87 is learning to peckTmhays87 is learning to peck

Quote:
Or if Clemson was in the CFa bowl this wouldn't be an issue.
Who cares? I'd rather us NOT get a BCS bowl because we played in a conference that was tough enough to produce two more-qualified teams than to squeak my way in solely because I played in a conference that was so pathetic that nobody else in it was even worth considering for BCS.

*Edit* - Sole and obvious exception being FSU, of course.
Tmhays87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:02 AM   #40
5lbYardcock
Blue Chip

Male

5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly

I'm complaining I got my hotel set and my tickets, dammit. i can't stand when I do that.