CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Latti
ReadR00ster
U-Dub Gamecock
rosstheboss
usc1
Bobby Boucher
SterlingBrooks
catdaddy66
Mr.101
Jwilson
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (6249)
NBA Wants to Up Age (736)
40 Ways You Know You (361)
South Carolina @ Aub (223)
Super-Efficient Ax (197)
Amazing a List of Us (176)
Holly Trees pruning (138)
Starz Black Sails (75)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #2
Playstation 4
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
Jameis Winston's Accuser
Name a Gamecock
Dylan Thompson, Class Act
2015 - Minkah Fitzpatrick
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso

Old 12-09-2013, 01:05 AM   #41
GamecockSuperFan
Run the damn ball

Male

CockyCash: 1000
GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material
Default Re: Complain about the Bowl thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
No it's called being grounded/realistic and keeping your perspective. We're not a powerhouse program but we are trending in the right direction and building a foundation. There's nothing "loser" about where our program is right now. We are a ****ing top 10 team right now. Look at the accolades we have built up over the last 3 years. Look at the level of athlete who plays in the SEC, the level of teams we have in the SEC, and the number of teams in the SEC. Only 2 teams play in ATL and only one wins the SEC. Only 2 get to play in BCS bowls. We are a contender. You don't have to be head over heels for the Cap 1, but acting like attending its beneath you is absurd.

Our past is relevant because it set us up where we are now. We don't have the tradition, facilities, etc that
most of these championship programs do. It's harder for us to get where they are. It takes progress and building sustained success. You can't just say "past doesn't matter, let's start contending for titles tomorrow." Life doesn't work that way.
Your now putting words in my mouth. I said it's loser talk to revert back to where we were and try and justify it by saying "Look where we came from".
Old 12-09-2013, 01:10 AM   #42
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSuperFan View Post
Your now putting words in my mouth. I said it's loser talk to revert back to where we were and try and justify it by saying "Look where we came from".

Bringing up the previous state of our program and the fact that we are building something from nothing is a valid point IMO. It changes things when considering the big picture.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:13 AM   #43
b381l
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 52205
b381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot materialb381l is USC mascot material

If we wanted to play in a BCS bowl, we could have re-joined the ACC. Are any of you ready to do that. When we go to a BCS bowl, we'll earn it, not back into it by beating the likes of Wake and BC. Nobody ever thought we'd win back to back baseball championships either. I don't know when we'll play in a BCS bowl, but when we do, we will have earned it by beating teams in the best conference. We're on the right path.....the hard part is over, be patient and enjoy the ride.
We already own our in-state arch rival.....how good is that.
b381l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:17 AM   #44
GamecockSuperFan
Run the damn ball

Male

GamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot materialGamecockSuperFan is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid View Post
Fact is we fell short of some of our goals, but also achieved some awesome stuff. If you can't look at the big picture and take some time to appreciate and celebrate what we did accomplish this year, then you need to reevaluate why you're a fan.

The bowl game is an opportunity to go vacation in Orlando, celebrate, and show support and appreciation to the team. I question anyone who turns their nose up at that.
Trust me I have. The way the defense rebounded was a thing of beauty. Finishing 3rd in the conference and in the top 20 in every defensive category after losing practically every linebacker was very surprising.

We were 14 points away from being undefeated, and 11 points away from being a 5 loss team.. There are some things that you have to scratch your head at that you just don't see from great teams. We can never just put it together for an entire season. Early in the season when the offense was on, the defense was off. When the defense was on the offense was off. Then you have your annual offensive blunder where I don't know if Spurrier just psychs himself out or what, but it's like you can call it before the season even starts. The schedule this year set up very well for us, and many thought it was our year. You need luck in college football. We had some but just not quite enough. Maybe one year the ball will bounce our way a few more times and some teams will fall. It sure seems like some teams are just plain luckier than us though year after year.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:19 AM   #45
3MTA3
Starter

Male

3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSuperFan View Post
Keeping proper perspective is not "loser talk"

Winning the Capital One bowl twice in 3 years is a major step forward for this program. Consistency is something we've lacked in the past. If we can continue to be one of the most consistent teams in the nation (look at the number of wins the past 3 years and the group of teams that puts us with) then there is no doubt we will be getting into the 4 team playoff if we keep the consistency up going forward.
3MTA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:28 AM   #46
carolinamyke
Recruit

Male

carolinamyke is making other chickens nervouscarolinamyke is making other chickens nervouscarolinamyke is making other chickens nervouscarolinamyke is making other chickens nervouscarolinamyke is making other chickens nervouscarolinamyke is making other chickens nervouscarolinamyke is making other chickens nervous

Sorry BUT Loser talk is all this crying over a 10-2 season! Being RANKED 9TH. Beating taters. Not winning a strong SEC or winning National championship and the young'uns start to cry. WOW
carolinamyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:38 AM   #47
Gamecocks321
1st Team All-SEC

Male

Gamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPitGamecocks321 rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinamyke View Post
Sorry BUT Loser talk is all this crying over a 10-2 season! Being RANKED 9TH. Beating taters. Not winning a strong SEC or winning National championship and the young'uns start to cry. WOW
If you're happy with winning 10 games and playing in the whatever bowl, then be my guest, but some of us want to see our Gamecocks do bigger and better things.
Gamecocks321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:40 AM   #48
ACPhilson
Really hates Orange Teams

Male

CockyCash: 1000200
ACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot materialACPhilson is USC mascot material

I have no complaints. Will take Capital 1. Climpson gets Orange because they play in a weak conference. Should be Duke that gets it though.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:41 AM   #49
uscsandstorm85
Bowl MVP

Male

uscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPituscsandstorm85 rules the CockPit

I think a lot of people on here are confusing complaining with disappointment.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:45 AM   #50
GamecockSuperFan
Run the damn ball

Male

turning into can't spell citrus without usc.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:50 AM   #51
GamecockSuperFan
Run the damn ball

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
Keeping proper perspective is not "loser talk"

Winning the Capital One bowl twice in 3 years is a major step forward for this program. Consistency is something we've lacked in the past. If we can continue to be one of the most consistent teams in the nation (look at the number of wins the past 3 years and the group of teams that puts us with) then there is no doubt we will be getting into the 4 team playoff if we keep the consistency up going forward.
What makes you believe we'll be a top 4 team? Consistently losing 2 games will keep us right where we are. I'm not so much complaining about a 2 loss season as much as i'm more disappointed in the fact it's another coulda, shoulda, woulda been different season. The same coulda, shoulda, woulda, attitude we had when we were consistent at losing 5 games a season. It's mediocrity just to a somewhat lower degree than it was a few years ago.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:53 AM   #52
carolinamyke
Recruit

Male

carolinamyke is making other chickens nervouscarolinamyke is making other chickens nervouscarolinamyke is making other chickens nervouscarolinamyke is making other chickens nervouscarolinamyke is making other chickens nervouscarolinamyke is making other chickens nervouscarolinamyke is making other chickens nervous

Not confused. Everyone here would like to have won SEC or played for National championship. We knew before today neither was happening. We are 10-2 and ranked 9th and beat taters for fifth straight year. sorry,but they can choose to complain all they want. We had a great year. come on people
Old 12-09-2013, 01:55 AM   #53
carolinamyke
Recruit

Male

But people say this is mediocrity? that is just funny
Old 12-09-2013, 01:55 AM   #54
GamecockSuperFan
Run the damn ball

Male

Quote:
Not confused. Everyone here would like to have won SEC or played for National championship. We knew before today neither was happening. We are 10-2 and ranked 9th and beat taters for fifth straight year. sorry,but they can choose to complain all they want. We had a great year. come on people
A good year. A great year is the bolded part of your post.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:57 AM   #55
carolinamyke
Recruit

Male

Some want bigger and better things?? Oh ok big guy all USC fans don't want SEC championships and NCAA championships Really?? How old r u posters?
Old 12-09-2013, 01:57 AM   #56
ReadR00ster
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 400
ReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot materialReadR00ster is USC mascot material

Even if we got into a BCS bowl I wouldn't be jumping up and down. It's been SEC championship or bust for the last 2 years for me. I am not going to complain about the bowl, because I really don't care which one it is. Isn't this the bowl Spurrier used to make fun of Tennessee for going to every year? Maybe this is Karma.

It's funny how things are here on Cocky Talk, people complain about the team and the season, and the rest feel the same way but don't want to sound "negative" so instead they take there frustration out on other posters. If someone doesn't like the whining, how about just ignore it, or just say, "I disagree" or something. No need for the name-calling people. No need to jump down the throats of people who are just saying what you are thinking but actually have the nerve to say it. No one was thinking before the season, "Boy I would be amazing if we went to the Cap One Bowl again. That would be so much fun!" Come on. This is what I am a talking about. This is why we need a championship soon. We are a desperate fan base right now. We just are. Spurrier's years are dwindling.

Last edited by ReadR00ster; 12-09-2013 at 02:11 AM.
ReadR00ster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:00 AM   #57
GamecockSuperFan
Run the damn ball

Male

Quote:
But people say this is mediocrity? that is just funny
I mean mediocre as in vanilla, ordinary, average, good not great, so-so, tolerable. Not saying those words are indicative of how we play but having the exact same seasons 3 years in row is that to me. The opposite of those things are excellent, superb, superior, and we have not quite reached that point. So when I said it's mediocrity at a somewhat lower degree, that's exactly what I meant.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:01 AM   #58
carolinamyke
Recruit

Male

ok when we were 0-21 would all you who claim our year sucked since we did not win it all this year not consider this a great season? I really have to defend our team who fought hard all year to fellow gamecocks? We did not win it all so we cuck crowd
Old 12-09-2013, 02:03 AM   #59
carolinamyke
Recruit

Male

Mediocre means an average to bad team. If 10-2 with quality wins we have is mediocre then sorry we don't see "mediocre" the same. Wake Forest, Maryland, Kentucky then u r right.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:10 AM   #60
GamecockSuperFan
Run the damn ball

Male

it's been SEC or bust for me since Cory Boyd said "we want the SEC now" in the media days back in 07' or whenever it was.