CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
roosterdude21
Cockypantherfan
i29gman
Lalli25
F4rpoole
Spur's Addiction
sporkgod50
GH
GoldenSpur7
b381l
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (1746)
The #AskEmmert Q& (532)
Stadium Ratings-Site (360)
Peach Bowl name retu (253)
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!! (252)
Construction of Worl (251)
Save Electricity By (203)
HELP calculating acr (177)
How Experienced In P (113)
Salut Salon "We (60)
*Official 2014 NHL Stanle
2015 - Tommy Hatton
2015 - Lorenzo Nunez
2015 - Davon Durant
NBA Wants to Up Age Limit
Jameis Winston's Accuser
Stadium Ratings-Site rate
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
The #AskEmmert Q&A Is
Diamond DeSheilds, UNC WB

Old 12-09-2013, 09:31 AM   #81
zambam
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 24050000
zambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudlyzambam is crowing loudly
Default Re: Complain about the Bowl thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoverTwo View Post
"A bowl we have been to a lot in the past?"

REALLY?!?!?!?

Isn't once a lot?
zambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #82
brat
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 100500
brat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot materialbrat is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodrow Wilson View Post
You can't spell Citrus without USC.
Yes, and you can't spell "slow in door, how" without Hoodrow Wilson.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:16 AM   #83
Dizzy01
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 500
Dizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot materialDizzy01 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
I find it.... ironic that most of the complainers aren't actually posting here.
Clearly the principle irony that this thread was to complain about complaining was lost on most people.
Dizzy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:26 AM   #84
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSuperFan View Post
Your now putting words in my mouth. I said it's loser talk to revert back to where we were and try and justify it by saying "Look where we came from".
I guess I'm officially confused, because isn't referencing the fact we played in the Cap One bowl two years ago after going 10-2 in the regular season and beating CU looking at "where we came from"?

Some folks are trying to have it both ways. They want to tell others not to look at the previous state of the program in order to justify where it is now as being successful, but most of those people then want to say, "but look what we did in the past," to justify this bowl game/scenario as being a disappointment.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:31 AM   #85
Woody7687
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 200
Woody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talons

What chaps my ass is not the bowl its the money!!! Clemson will get 17 million for playing in the Orange bowl while SC will get 4 million. This is why your goal should be BCS or bust when you have the talent and coaching we have at SC. Yes am I happy we won 10 games again but I am damn sure disappointed in how we finish these 10 win seasons. Beating clemson is just another game, our goal is an SEC championship and Sugar Bowl thats it. We have accomplished everything else.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:32 AM   #86
ra742002
Game MVP

Male

ra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPitra742002 rules the CockPit

Woody, we'll get a lot more than that, the bowl money is divided among the conference teams. We'll come out better than CU, plus, they won't sell their ticket allotment and the school will foot the bill for that, just like last time.

ra742002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:32 AM   #87
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 600
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamecockSuperFan View Post
What makes you believe we'll be a top 4 team? Consistently losing 2 games will keep us right where we are. I'm not so much complaining about a 2 loss season as much as i'm more disappointed in the fact it's another coulda, shoulda, woulda been different season. The same coulda, shoulda, woulda, attitude we had when we were consistent at losing 5 games a season. It's mediocrity just to a somewhat lower degree than it was a few years ago.
I've heard it all, now. smh.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:33 AM   #88
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody7687 View Post
What chaps my ass is not the bow its the money!!! Clemson will get 17 million for playing in the Orange bowl while SC will get 4 million. This is why your goal should be BCS or bust when you have the talent and coaching we have at SC. Yes am I happy we won 10 games again but I am damn sure dissapointed in how we finish these 10 win seasons. Beating clemson is just another game, our goal is an SEC championship and Sugar Bowl thats it. We have accomplished everything else.
And it has already been said the bowl money is divided up to conference members, so it's not like CU will be getting all of that 17 million and USC the 4 million.

I seem to remember reading something about how CU actually LOST money when they made it to the orange bowl last time.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:37 AM   #89
Woody7687
4-Star

Male

Woody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talonsWoody7687 has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
And it has already been said the bowl money is divided up to conference members, so it's not like CU will be getting all of that 17 million and USC the 4 million.

I seem to remember reading something about how CU actually LOST money when they made it to the orange bowl last time.

You are correct but the ACC has two BCS teams with FSU and Clemson. The national title pays out more if im thinking right so thats going to be a big paycheck for the ACC. I just dont find it right that they get a second team to get that money. We will have Auburn and Bama getting our money along with 5 other bowl teams but come on we recruit against Clemson and seeing them get any recruiting advantage undeserved just eats me up.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:39 AM   #90
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

Quote:
You are correct but the ACC has two BCS teams with FSU and Clemson. The national title pays out more if im thinking right so thats going to be a big paycheck for the ACC. I just dont find it right that they get a second team to get that money. We will have Auburn and Bama getting our money along with 5 other bowl teams but come on we recruit against Clemson and seeing them get any recruiting advantage undeserved just eats me up.
But the money will still be the same, Woody. In case you haven't heard, the SEC has two BCS teams, too, one of which is playing in the national title game.

So what is your complaint? The money or the recruiting? It seems like you're trying to find something to be unhappy about, honestly.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #91
usc90grad
Cum Laude Cock

Male

CockyCash: 675600
usc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot materialusc90grad is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to usc90grad

I'm sick of hearing complaining about Klempson getting a BCS bowl. Who gives a damn?? We own them and that's all that matters to me.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:56 AM   #92
Woody7687
4-Star

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingoftheroost View Post
But the money will still be the same, Woody. In case you haven't heard, the SEC has two BCS teams, too, one of which is playing in the national title game.

So what is your complaint? The money or the recruiting? It seems like you're trying to find something to be unhappy about, honestly.

Yes we do have two BCS teams with one in the NC game, you dont get what I am trying to say. If the BCS was done the right way the ACC wouldnt have 2 teams they would have FSU and that would be it. We dont need a selection committee just have the computer rankings and polls and just go down the line and give out the big bowls sugar, orange, fiesta, and Rose. 10 spots give it to the top 10 and be done with it.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:56 AM   #93
Carolina Pride
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talonsCarolina Pride has developed his gaff and talons

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc90grad View Post
I'm sick of hearing complaining about Klempson getting a BCS bowl. Who gives a damn?? We own them and that's all that matters to me.
Bingo, why let it bother you? We don't have any control over it. It's the result of a flawed politically driven system, nothing we can do about it this year just gotta make it through till the new system next year without team limits
Old 12-09-2013, 11:11 AM   #94
grannycock
Banned

Female

grannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Pride View Post
Bingo, why let it bother you? We don't have any control over it. It's the result of a flawed politically driven system, nothing we can do about it this year just gotta make it through till the new system next year without team limits
All this whining is doing one thing and one thing only, making taters happy to see the anguish in some. We just kicked their ass for the 5th time in a row, stop giving them any reason to be happy.
grannycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:24 AM   #95
Coloradococky420
cockys caregiver

Male

Location: from Lancaster, SC...but now i'm in colorado springs
CockyCash: 600
Coloradococky420 has feathers coming inColoradococky420 has feathers coming in

i am a gamecock fan, and am 1000% behind our team, every game, no matter the opponent, or venue. we will smash the badgers, and that is enough for me. GO COCKS!!!
Coloradococky420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:31 AM   #96
Cockin It
Latti Light

Male

Cockin It is crowing loudlyCockin It is crowing loudlyCockin It is crowing loudlyCockin It is crowing loudlyCockin It is crowing loudlyCockin It is crowing loudlyCockin It is crowing loudlyCockin It is crowing loudlyCockin It is crowing loudlyCockin It is crowing loudlyCockin It is crowing loudly

But MOM, I wanted the 64 GB Iphone 5s!!!!

Cockin It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:24 PM   #97
Woody7687
4-Star

Male

I guess I am a bad fan for thinking this team deserves more than a Cap 1 bowl at 1pm at the same time as 3 more games....
Old 12-09-2013, 12:31 PM   #98
grannycock
Banned

Female

grannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPitgrannycock rules the CockPit

Quote:
I guess I am a bad fan for thinking this team deserves more than a Cap 1 bowl at 1pm at the same time as 3 more games....
Of course we deserve better, but the BCS bowl rules were in place well before the season started, we didn't make a BCS bowl for one reason and one reason only, our conference.
grannycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:41 PM   #99
Woody7687
4-Star

Male

Can anyone actually guarantee that next years rules will eliminate this. I mean there is still a human committee with biases and loyalties...
Old 12-09-2013, 12:43 PM   #100
The Yancey
Grumpy Old Fart

Male

2009 Awards: Awards for best Posters - Given for: Best Signature 
CockyCash: 4751350
The Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot materialThe Yancey is USC mascot material

Quote:
Can anyone actually guarantee that next years rules will eliminate this. I mean there is still a human committee with biases and loyalties...
Yes, the 2 team limit per conference will be gone.

#ModForMod
The Yancey is offline   Reply With Quote