CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
U-Dub Gamecock
ReadR00ster
rosstheboss
Latti
Bobby Boucher
donbgamecock
usc1
Regalcock
ConwayGamecock
catdaddy66
**USC vs. Auburn GAM (2674)
BREAD (522)
Sindarius Thornwell (340)
Dress shirt help (335)
Starz Black Sails (274)
Best Child Acting Pe (236)
Grill 225 (Market Pa (168)
South Carolina @ Aub (110)
Well gameday just go (105)
Unsung Hero (84)
**USC vs. Auburn GAME #3
2014 NBA PLAYOFFS!!!!!
Sindarius Thornwell Draft
Grill 225 (Market Pavilli
2014 Atlanta Braves Seaso
South Carolina @ Auburn S
Name a Gamecock
Does Brenton Williams hav
Josh Cunningham Power For
Dylan Thompson, Class Act

Old 12-10-2013, 01:53 AM   #61
cockybreeyan
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 500
cockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPitcockybreeyan rules the CockPit
Default Re: Ahmad Christian is Transferring

well this should make recruiting at CB a piece of cake.
cockybreeyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:05 AM   #62
GH

Male

CockyCash: 31828
GH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot materialGH is USC mascot material

I heard that when he found out Carolina was going to the Capital One Bowl (again) he said he would rather transfer

/satire
Old 12-10-2013, 02:18 AM   #63
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

So he is transferrring now instead of thinking about it? wth man shows his character
Old 12-10-2013, 02:24 AM   #64
Rebel4ever
The Paradigm Shift

Male

Rebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot materialRebel4ever is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1 View Post
Hate to bring back a bad memory but please look at this replay and tell me if you still believe that was Ahmad's fault. Please tell me what he could've done more to defend North other than interfere him.

I wish the best for the kid. He knows he'd be starting next year so that tells me this isn't something football related.
Some of our fans

He could have ripped his arm upwards and tried to jar it loose. I think Tommy Suggs or someone said this on the radio. He had his arm there but didn't move it to try and at least create a bobble and drop. I played CB, he did a lot but he just didn't do that little extra. In his defense, he did get called for a BS pass interference late flag call on a 3rd and long earlier in the game that led to a TD and it clearly was a good defensive play and we would have forced a punt. One of the many BS calls we got hosed with in this game that is normal in Knoxville.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:47 AM   #65
5lbYardcock
Blue Chip

Male

5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly5lbYardcock is crowing loudly

Dude just likes baseball more. Maybe he doesnt want to play football anymore. Shit, welcome to America a-holes.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:48 AM   #66
Rh Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

Rh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudly

Yea bailing so fast and even before the bowl game is a horrible decision.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:50 AM   #67
Rh Gamecock
Two Deep

Male

Rh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudlyRh Gamecock is crowing loudly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5lbYardcock View Post
Dude just likes baseball more. Maybe he doesnt want to play football anymore. Shit, welcome to America a-holes.
That's not really the problem if you get a full ride at school and youre playing a team sport you should consider the team as a whole and atleast wait Til after the final game. What's funny is people are fine with players leaving but if we cut a player the coaches are douches.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:26 AM   #68
Flameout12
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 100500
Flameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot materialFlameout12 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rh Gamecock View Post
That's not really the problem if you get a full ride at school and youre playing a team sport you should consider the team as a whole and atleast wait Til after the final game.
Sounds good but you don't know the guy's circumstances (and neither do I). There may be a good reason for this, if in fact true.
Flameout12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:57 AM   #69
cocksmith1or11
Zone Reader

Male

cocksmith1or11 rules the CockPitcocksmith1or11 rules the CockPitcocksmith1or11 rules the CockPitcocksmith1or11 rules the CockPitcocksmith1or11 rules the CockPitcocksmith1or11 rules the CockPitcocksmith1or11 rules the CockPitcocksmith1or11 rules the CockPitcocksmith1or11 rules the CockPitcocksmith1or11 rules the CockPitcocksmith1or11 rules the CockPit
Default Re: Ahmad Christian - Considering Transferring To Coastal To Play Baseball

Quote:
Originally Posted by InletCock1989 View Post
Why because the receiver made a great catch? You want the kid off the team for one play? I'm guessing you were all for Garcia leaving too right? Or how about Mike Davis when he fumbled 3 times in one game?

smh
Garcia leaving is one of the best things that happened to our team that year.

Christian wasn't a very good corner, he blew coverage a lot? Not a huge loss

cocksmith1or11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:04 AM   #70
Carolina-Beez
Blue Chip

Male

Carolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his combCarolina-Beez is developing his comb

Are fans still prattling on about that catch in the UT game? Give it a rest. Auburn beat UT by 32 points. We're the 3rd best team in the SEC whether Christian knocks the ball away or not. But the myth will become: we were just one deflected pass away from SEC Championship and BCS National Title. Whatever makes you feel better. However, it's not really fair to the kid to make him a scapegoat.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:42 AM   #71
Travelin
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 600
Travelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot materialTravelin is USC mascot material

Coaches probably advised him to go now if he was going to transfer. Three weeks is a lot of time to recruit this time of year. Maybe we can get a juco who can help next year.
Travelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:03 AM   #72
SR4-AJ1
Starter

Male

CockyCash: 10585636
SR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his combSR4-AJ1 is developing his comb

Well hopefully we can bring in green and smith and they can produce like our great freshman lb's did this year!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-10-2013, 10:11 AM   #73
sc455
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 23088816
sc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot materialsc455 is USC mascot material

Its real simple. He needs to enroll at coastal in order to sit out a full year for baseball. playing in january would screw that up.
sc455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #74
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
Its real simple. He needs to enroll at coastal in order to sit out a full year for baseball. playing in january would screw that up.
This.
ktguen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #75
hellraiser24
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 1384
hellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot materialhellraiser24 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc455 View Post
I thought the bowl games count towards Fall semester
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength" - Philippians 4:13

hellraiser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:36 AM   #76
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnet_black215 View Post
Yeah because it's entirely different and you know it. You're just being ignorant at this point. And it doesn't offend me, I just don't see how people think he played poorly on one of the flukish plays we will ever see.

Calling out one player because they believe he lost one game? I never did that, because he didn't cost us the game, but again, I wouldn't expect you be able to comprehend that.
Yes... bear in mind... I am really... REALLY... stupid.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:37 AM   #77
Cock Kool-Aid
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

Cock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot materialCock Kool-Aid is USC mascot material

Will the University (or anyone else) release an explanation? I'd just be curious to know as this is a bit of a head scratcher.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:21 AM   #78
CockTail
Two Deep

Male

CockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot materialCockTail is USC mascot material

As much as I am disappointed that he may be leaving, he or anyone else doesn't ow FANS and explanation of anything. This is not professional sports, he is not paid, and he needs to do what is best for HIM. I would want my son to do the same.

No one knows the personal situation with him, nor should we demand to know. The young man played his heart out here, and gave his best effort. Sometimes things just don't work out. Thank him for choosing to be a Gamecock, and wish him well.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:39 AM   #79
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material
Default Re: Ahmad Christian - Considering Transferring To Coastal To Play Baseball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy B. View Post
http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2013/...south-carolina

Nah.

He was one of the two hands that made the catch to end our season's dreams.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:40 AM   #80
cack
ONE NINE 3

Male

2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Homecoming King 2008 Cockytalk Award: 2008 Cockytalk Award - Given for: 2008 Best Signature Fark Off Winner: Award given for winning a CockyTalk Fark Off - Given for: Winning the Farkoff Hey Beer Man!: Award given to the poster we most want to have a beer with - Given for: being voted the person CockyTalk most wants to have a beer with 
CockyCash: 344470
cack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot materialcack is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel4ever View Post
He could have ripped his arm upwards and tried to jar it loose. I think Tommy Suggs or someone said this on the radio. He had his arm there but didn't move it to try and at least create a bobble and drop. I played CB, he did a lot but he just didn't do that little extra. In his defense, he did get called for a BS pass interference late flag call on a 3rd and long earlier in the game that led to a TD and it clearly was a good defensive play and we would have forced a punt. One of the many BS calls we got hosed with in this game that is normal in Knoxville.

So as you're falling down ... you're supposed to throw your arm UP?

Come on people ... get real.

Follow me at One Nine 3 BBQ

cack is offline   Reply With Quote