CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Other Sports > The Locker Room

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Singaporecock
CoverTwo
sporkgod50
2000grad
usc1
ReadR00ster
Thenardier
rosstheboss
Cock Kool-Aid
Order 66
Kelcy and Vic questi (3605)
Group wants Clemson, (982)
I like how Frank sou (843)
Cuonzo Martin to Cal (638)
Hillsborough (394)
2015 - Chris Clark (386)
Sweet Corn!!! (271)
GTA V online (174)
Bamberg High School (157)
Its April 15th and i (140)
Cuonzo Martin to Cal
**USC vs. The Citadel GAM
Larenz Bryant update?
A'ja Wilson
Hillsborough
Ahh...The Masters
2015 Commitment - Shameik
No.1 for 2016 has Gamecoc
2015 - Emanuel McGirt
Aggie Spring Depth Chart

Old 12-09-2013, 09:10 PM   #1
USCNowAndForever
Recruit

Male

CockyCash: 500
USCNowAndForever is sharpening his clawsUSCNowAndForever is sharpening his clawsUSCNowAndForever is sharpening his clawsUSCNowAndForever is sharpening his claws
Default TJ Ward will have a target on his knee

The football gods had better be watching out for TJ Ward the next time he goes up against the Pats.

The angry Patriot fan in me hopes that when Gronk is back, he goes straight for that ****'s knee the first chance he gets and tears every **** ligament.

**** TJ Ward.
USCNowAndForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:18 PM   #2
Lalli25
Household Name

Male

CockyCash: 380
Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material
Default Re: TJ Ward will have a target on his knee

Gronk is massive, the only way Ward can get him to the ground is hit him in the thigh area. It wasn't intentional and this type of reaction shows a lack of perspective.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:28 PM   #3
USCNowAndForever
Recruit

Male

USCNowAndForever is sharpening his clawsUSCNowAndForever is sharpening his clawsUSCNowAndForever is sharpening his clawsUSCNowAndForever is sharpening his claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalli25 View Post
Gronk is massive, the only way Ward can get him to the ground is hit him in the thigh area. It wasn't intentional and this type of reaction shows a lack of perspective.
That's why I said the angry Pats fan in me...Lol.

Still, I was watching it live. He aimed his helmet straight at the side of his friggin knee...And blows to the side of the knee are exactly how you tear the ACL...

This kind of **** is something I would expect from the Jets or the Steelers. Not the Browns.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:37 PM   #4
Lalli25
Household Name

Male

Lalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot materialLalli25 is USC mascot material

My bad, I thought you were genuinely hoping he'd get his knee hurt.

The location of the hit was bad but not by choice. I think he aimed reasonably but with speed and movement of the play it ended up being the side of the knee. I don't think it was done with intent or even worried about going high. Going below the waist was literally the only location he could get Gronk down by hitting.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:37 PM   #5
USCNowAndForever
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Just went back and watched it again.

It's not like he was right next to Gronk when he made the catch. He ran up to Gronk and aimed his helmet at his knee. I'm all for playing rough and physical, but that is absolutely ridiculous.

Dude should have been ejected for the remainder of that game, and suspended for 1 game. Absolute garbage that he got away with that.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:38 PM   #6
B-G
Two Deep

Male

B-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudlyB-G is crowing loudly

I blame it on the new rules.

They don't wanna get fined for going high so they go low.

I know Rodney Harrison has said it the past he would rather be out with a concussion than tear his acl.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:39 PM   #7
1SCFanInPAUntilNow
Franchise Playa

Male

CockyCash: 9980800
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material

Shit happens. This is the direction football is going.
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:40 PM   #8
davisd9
4-Star

Male

davisd9 is developing his combdavisd9 is developing his combdavisd9 is developing his combdavisd9 is developing his combdavisd9 is developing his combdavisd9 is developing his combdavisd9 is developing his combdavisd9 is developing his combdavisd9 is developing his combdavisd9 is developing his comb

Be angry at the NFL and their terrible rules. He was trying to stay within the rules and not get fined/penalized. Many careers will be shortened because of the NFL pushing for hitting low.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
davisd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:44 PM   #9
Lalli25
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCNowAndForever View Post
Just went back and watched it again.

It's not like he was right next to Gronk when he made the catch. He ran up to Gronk and aimed his helmet at his knee. I'm all for playing rough and physical, but that is absolutely ridiculous.

Dude should have been ejected for the remainder of that game, and suspended for 1 game. Absolute garbage that he got away with that.

No he shouldn't have been ejected. Not even close. He made a tackle and someone got hurt, that's football. He want closed to Gronk, hence why he dove and was so low.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:44 PM   #10
USCNowAndForever
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-G View Post
I blame it on the new rules.

They don't wanna get fined for going high so they go low.
I agree.

However, going low is one issue. Making a non-local hit (i.e. arriving after the catch to make the hit) and aiming the helmet for the side of the receiver's knee is a whole different issue, and that's exactly what Ward did.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:46 PM   #11
USCNowAndForever
Recruit

Male

Quote:
No he shouldn't have been ejected. Not even close. He made a tackle and someone got hurt, that's football. He want closed to Gronk, hence why he dove and was so low.
Watch the replay. He aimed his helmet at the side of Gronk's knee. What about that do you not understand?

By your reasoning, clipping, chop blocks, cutting, helmet to helmet hits, etc, should all be 100% legal...Do you think they should? If you do, at least you are being consistent, but you clearly don't care about player safety if that's the case. If you don't think they should, you are using a double standard.

That was not a tackle, that was a dirty-*** hit to an extremely weak part of the human body. There is a proper way to tackle, and the way he tackled is not it. I'm all for letting football players play football, but taking a cheap shot at the side of someone's knee with a helmet is not football.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:49 PM   #12
Lalli25
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCNowAndForever View Post
Watch the replay. He aimed his helmet at the side of Gronk's knee. What about that do you not understand?
He aimed for his leg. Yes. He didn't aim to take his knee out. It is literally a 3-6 inch difference in taking his knee out and hitting him in the leg and no issue. At how fast the game is played, no way was that hit on purpose. Stop being delusional.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:49 PM   #13
ccured
What a Rush!!!

Male

CockyCash: 3861799
ccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot materialccured is USC mascot material

he has already been fined for going hi. so he went low. it is the way of the nfl right now
ccured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:50 PM   #14
1SCFanInPAUntilNow
Franchise Playa

Male

CockyCash: 9980800
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material1SCFanInPAUntilNow is USC mascot material

Dude nobody gets thrown out of a game for aiming at the knee. The NFL doesn't eject anyone for anything very often. This happens alot get over it.
1SCFanInPAUntilNow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:52 PM   #15
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

The new rules will get more people hurt than it will keep people from injury...
Old 12-09-2013, 09:59 PM   #16
FeartheSpur
1st Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 717
FeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPitFeartheSpur rules the CockPit

He's butthurt
FeartheSpur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:00 PM   #17
rnecavs07
Starter

Male

NIT Bracket Champion: Awarded for taking first in the NIT Bracket Challene - Given for: NIT Bracket Champion 
CockyCash: 774
rnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot materialrnecavs07 is USC mascot material
Send a message via AIM to rnecavs07 Send a message via Yahoo to rnecavs07

quit the whining...all i hear from Pats fans year in and year out is teams mean to your players. i love when pats fans show their true colors and say crap like this.(not baiting just sick of hearing it, my girlfriend is from boston) its football, just learn to accept the fact that Gronk is made of glass.
rnecavs07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:03 PM   #18
Lalli25
Household Name

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
The new rules will get more people hurt than it will keep people from injury...
I agree to an extend. I do think that some could be avoided if they'd teach players to tackle properly. Too many people launch like missiles with reckless abandon and don't keep up the head when hitting. Players were going way too high and literally aiming for just the head, which needed to leave. However the NFL and college football have screwed up by calling hits to the best and whatnot a penalty. So now players are just going low, most way too low. There is a way to hit people not in the knee and not in the head and get them to the ground.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:12 PM   #19
USCNowAndForever
Recruit

Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnecavs07 View Post
quit the whining...all i hear from Pats fans year in and year out is teams mean to your players. i love when pats fans show their true colors and say crap like this.(not baiting just sick of hearing it, my girlfriend is from boston) its football, just learn to accept the fact that Gronk is made of glass.
Haha I knew this was coming eventually.

Fair enough.

After going 3/6 in super bowls, and Spygate, I can see why people think we don't have a right to complain about anything.

Gronk does have injury problems, but I doubt anyone else in the league would have walked away from that hit without some type of ligament damage.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:16 PM   #20
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 35685
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

Dude, u gotta admit that PI call at the end of the game was awful.