CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Community > The Water Cooler

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Master Bedroom
smoovecock
b381l
kick_ball
l^l^lBGCock
thekob
etowngangsta
The Yancey
Lalli25
Lonnie
GOOD NEWS ABOUT SPUR (3325)
Rebutting Dabo's Ran (2573)
Good Omen for Saturd (1883)
Starting Lineup Anno (1812)
Cant believe no one (1673)
Suspicious sign-in a (734)
We Have to Pass (720)
Poster on another si (653)
Spurrier weekly pres (591)
SOS needs to put thi (503)
Defense and offense ranki
Cant believe no one has s
Rivalry Thoughts and Pred
Suspicious sign-in activi
2015 Commitment - Marquav
Odell Becham Catch
Why has there been 40 yea
USC/clemson spread
This would be awesome....
Ninety Six 21 Abbeville

Old 12-10-2013, 12:47 AM   #1
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

CockyCash: 1000400
ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material
Default New music venue opening in Columbia

I'm pretty excited about this! Tin Roof Columbia joined up with the Music Farm in Charleston to open a mid-sized music venue and beer garden in Columbia. It will be located in the warehouse beside the Tin Roof in the Vista.

Columbia misses out on a lot of acts because of our lack of a properly sized space. It's really either a bar, New Brookland Tavern (which only holds 400) or the Arena. This facility will hold 1200. There's been mid sized venues in the past that have failed, but The Music Farm and Tin Roof have the experience/reputation to pull this off

http://www.thestate.com/2013/12/09/3...arlestons.html
ktguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:19 AM   #2
ColaCock
Heisman Candidate

Male

CockyCash: 800
ColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot materialColaCock is USC mascot material
Default Re: New music venue opening in Columbia

Does Headliner's still exist? Saw some great shows there. One in particular that I remember being fantastic was Breaking Benjamin about a year or so before they got famous. Unfortunately, that caused their best songs to never get radio time.

Also, I think the baseball stadium was initially supposed to be for multi-use like concerts and such.
ColaCock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:14 AM   #3
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

ktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot materialktguen is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaCock View Post
Does Headliner's still exist? Saw some great shows there. One in particular that I remember being fantastic was Breaking Benjamin about a year or so before they got famous. Unfortunately, that caused their best songs to never get radio time.

Also, I think the baseball stadium was initially supposed to be for multi-use like concerts and such.
Nope. They went under about 3 years ago. That was a nice venue, I wish it was still open. Five Points Pub (when it was called that) had some decent sized bands too but nothing can seem to stay open in that location.

Music Farm definitely has it figured out and along with Tin Roof it should make for a nice, reputable venue.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:22 AM   #4
Acockolypse Now
L-I-V-I-N

Male

CockyCash: 45000175
Acockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot materialAcockolypse Now is USC mascot material

When I was in school we had Greenstreet's and Rockafella's for the live shows.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:44 AM   #5
BleedsGarnet
4-Star

Male

CockyCash: 500
BleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spursBleedsGarnet has earned his spurs

The kind of music they bring in on a regular basis will determine it's success. If it's aimed at the 21 to 27 year old demographic it will go out of business in five years.
BleedsGarnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:03 AM   #6
catdaddy66
Former Walk On in-law

Male

CockyCash: 250018
catdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot materialcatdaddy66 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now View Post
When I was in school we had Greenstreet's and Rockafella's for the live shows.
I saw many shows at both places! Hootie and the Blowfish, Mojo Nixon, Faith No More, etc. Also remember the Huger Street Concert Hall where I saw George Thoroughgood and the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Good times!
Old 12-10-2013, 10:25 AM   #7
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedsGarnet View Post
The kind of music they bring in on a regular basis will determine it's success. If it's aimed at the 21 to 27 year old demographic it will go out of business in five years.
I have pretty high hopes for it. The Music Farm in Charleston brings in a wide variety, so I would hope this venue will the same.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:56 AM   #8
MeesterFriendly
I'll be with you shortly

Male

CockyCash: 392030
MeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot materialMeesterFriendly is USC mascot material

Columbia needs to try very hard to convince House of Blues to construct something in the area. They bring in great bands and dozens of them a year.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:23 AM   #9
Cocky chick
Blue Chip

Female

Cocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot materialCocky chick is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy66 View Post
I saw many shows at both places! Hootie and the Blowfish, Mojo Nixon, Faith No More, etc. Also remember the Huger Street Concert Hall where I saw George Thoroughgood and the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Good times!
Greenstreet's and Rockafella's for me too! Saw Hootie at both places, Mojo Nixon, Mojo Nya, and many others. Makes me sad every time I see that Cook Out where Greenstreet's used to be. Early last year Darius played the Tin Roof and my daughter (student at USC) got to go see him. I just thought that was so neat that we both saw him play as USC students - many years apart !
Cocky chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:40 PM   #10
ipull4usc
Two Deep

Male

ipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot materialipull4usc is USC mascot material

I am excited about this news. Granted the Pub in 5 Points has tried and failed at a music venture multiple times, but this should be different for a few reasons: 1. obviously can hold an exponentially bigger crowd at this new music venue, 2. connections with Music Farm and Tin Roof should be able to draw in acts that folks will actually mark on their calendar.

-- George Burns
ipull4usc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:53 PM   #11
palmettosc
hypnotoad

Male

CockyCash: 1200
palmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot materialpalmettosc is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipull4usc View Post
I am excited about this news. Granted the Pub in 5 Points has tried and failed at a music venture multiple times, but this should be different for a few reasons: 1. obviously can hold an exponentially bigger crowd at this new music venue, 2. connections with Music Farm and Tin Roof should be able to draw in acts that folks will actually mark on their calendar.
I think one thing that kills the Pub is that bottle neck near the bathrooms. It ends up cutting the space into two different bars almost. Not to mention that going between them and going to the bathroom is a nightmare if there is any sort of crowd.
palmettosc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #12
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmettosc View Post
I think one thing that kills the Pub is that bottle neck near the bathrooms. It ends up cutting the space into two different bars almost. Not to mention that going between them and going to the bathroom is a nightmare if there is any sort of crowd.
Nothing can stay open there. It's been 5 different things just since I started school in 2009. They seem to have abandoned the music venue idea and it's now just a bar called "Moosehead Saloon" that's country-themed and seems to be fairly popular. Ya never know, though. It's a nice space and I hope something stays there for a while.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:22 PM   #13
3MTA3
Game MVP

Male

3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material
Default New music venue opening in Columbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedsGarnet View Post
Are you suggesting they should cater to old folks?
3MTA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:25 PM   #14
ktguen
2nd Team All-American

Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
Are you suggesting they should cater to old folks?
I was going to say that sounds like the perfect age group to target, haha.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:36 PM   #15
3MTA3
Game MVP

Male

3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material3MTA3 is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktguen View Post
I was going to say that sounds like the perfect age group to target, haha.
Yeah, mainly because the city of Columbia caters far too much to a large population of young folks who attend the university.

/sarcasm
3MTA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #16
Smashies_AC30
The Garnet Invasion

Male

Smashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPitSmashies_AC30 rules the CockPit

Hollah!!
Smashies_AC30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:25 PM   #17
Carolina4Life
1st Team All-Pro

Male

Carolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot materialCarolina4Life is USC mascot material

I give it 2 years.
Old 12-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #18
CockyCyclone
Blue Chip

Male

CockyCash: 16788014
CockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudlyCockyCyclone is crowing loudly

Thats really cool, that warehouse is a craphole, used to park there before they started towing everyone a couple months ago.