CockyTalk

Welcome to Cockytalk!

Thank you for visiting our forum. As a guest, you have limited access to view some discussion and articles. By joining our free community, you will be able to view all discussions and articles, post your own topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload photos, participate in Pick'Em contests and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today!!

If you have any problems registering or logging in, please contact our Admins. Thanks!

Go Back   CockyTalk > Gamecocks Sports > The Cock Pit

Today's Top 10
Posters (by posts)Threads (by views)Newest Posts Gamecock Headlines 
Gamecocks1137
NAGamecockFan
taylorssc
Gamecocks321
GarnetSwarm1990
doubledribble
Lonnie
Cocks N Stuff
johnnyb
El Cid Ranger
So Disappointed With (1910)
Rank the QBs under S (1418)
Back like cooked cra (1002)
Tennessee game (664)
Who start on the d l (626)
No Comments on the H (480)
Google finally gets (471)
lack of production= (377)
Squats (356)
NFL: CHARGERS @ BRON (172)
Why I think we beat Aubur
2014 Ultimate Tailgate --
So Disappointed With The
SEC Debate: Best candidat
Rank the QBs under Spurri
7 on 7 flag football bloc
Thoughts on the basketbal
Back like cooked crack
Discussion: 2015 Recruiti
Ranking Top HC jobs in SE

Old 12-10-2013, 05:13 PM   #1
garnetmike
Game MVP

Male

CockyCash: 1001250
garnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot materialgarnetmike is USC mascot material
Default ALL SEC TEAMS ANNOUNCED

Didn't see this anywhere, but if it is feel free to delete mine or merge it.

Only JD and Kelci made first teams and Mike Davis, cornerback Victor Hampton and spur Sharrod Golightly made the second team.

Many would question the logic of voting...but in my mind while Shaw, Davis and others were VIPs as Gamecocks and helped us win...I would argue that perhaps only Kelci deserved first team honors.

Regardless - glad JD made it. Shaw was GREAT but certainly not the best QB in the league in terms of putting up the kind of numbers that Manziel did or others really.

I would personally PICK SHAW as MY first QB over any in the league, but he wasn't the best statistically which is what ALL SEC usually is based on.

Same with Mike Davis. He was awesome, but not the number one back in the league when all the dust settled. He tailed off the last three games with injuries, etc.

Anyway I'm proud of our guys as a team, but obviously we were not elite if you look at the all SEC deal.

"I'll hang up and listen..."
garnetmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:16 PM   #2
ShutTheSuccop
Go Cocks!

Male

CockyCash: 155567
ShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot materialShutTheSuccop is USC mascot material
Default Re: ALL SEC TEAMS ANNOUNCED

http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=201919

As for Mike Davis...I really think he would have been All-SEC had Wilds not gotten hurt...he will be fantastic next year and in the bowl (if we can block for him)
ShutTheSuccop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:29 PM   #3
U-Dub Gamecock
1st Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 58166
U-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot materialU-Dub Gamecock is USC mascot material

True dat... Davis had a combined 74 yards in our last 3 games (Did not play against CCU)... That killed any chance of being named 1st team... That and the kid from Auburn is going to NYC for the Heisman...
Old 12-10-2013, 09:29 PM   #4
crowcutta
2nd Team All-American

Male

CockyCash: 1000
crowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot materialcrowcutta is USC mascot material

his last 6 quarters are what killed him, still think he was clearly the best all around back up until those last 6 quarters where he produced next to nothing and still ended up 2nd in the league in yards from scrimmage. he was averaging over 150+ through 9 games and had a ridiculous scrimmage yardage streak that was unmatched in the sec since 2000. hes still as deserving as anyone.

mason clearly at this point is first team because of his last two games and overall volume of yards and touchdowns but you can basically put davis, hill, yeldon, and gurley's names in a hat.

its understandable why shaw didnt make 1st team, but i think he was as good as any qb in the sec this year. his completion pct took a hit starting with the tennessee game, but that 21 td 1 int ratio is something that hasnt been exceeded possibly ever in the sec while adding 511 yards on the ground and 5 td.

specifically for the backfield, id say it was elite.
crowcutta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:17 PM   #5
Goofyboy
2nd Team All-SEC

Male

CockyCash: 500
Goofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot materialGoofyboy is USC mascot material

I was delighted at Golightly's improvement, but the 2nd team LB really surprised me. They did have about 6 second team LB's. I wonder how we'll do on the SEC freshman team.
Goofyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:17 AM   #6
ZenUSC
Two Deep

Male

ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

Davis had two fumbles vs Mizzou and under a hundred lards his last three games. However, teams stacked the box thinking that stopping him would bring a victory. This was a failed strategy. All it did was keep Davis off the All SEC 1st team.

JD is a force on the field even when teams run away from him. If he were a baseball player they'd walk him with the bases loaded rather than risk a grand slam.

Shaw is a role player. A very good role player. He basically just tried to limit turnovers in order to win. He missed open receivers on a regular basis.
There are undeniably better QBs in the SEC. No shame in that. I like a QB that is aware of his limitations. A mans got to know his limitations.
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:52 AM   #7
Nureye
Smash and Grab

Male

CockyCash: 415
Nureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot materialNureye is USC mascot material

When I read the thread title I was like, "I know all of the SEC teams. What did they announce?"
Old 12-11-2013, 03:39 AM   #8
ZenUSC
Two Deep

Male

ZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPitZenUSC rules the CockPit

can we combine?
ZenUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:09 AM   #9
Clowneygotcha
Bowl MVP

Male

CockyCash: 200
Clowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot materialClowneygotcha is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock View Post
True dat... Davis had a combined 74 yards in our last 3 games (Did not play against CCU)... That killed any chance of being named 1st team... That and the kid from Auburn is going to NYC for the Heisman...
Yeh becuase when your entire offense is built on you rushing the ball 25 times.. that is some how Heisman worthy
Old 12-11-2013, 08:27 AM   #10
kingoftheroost
la-la-la

Male

CockyCash: 1000000
kingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot materialkingoftheroost is USC mascot material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nureye View Post
When I read the thread title I was like, "I know all of the SEC teams. What did they announce?"
LOL. When I saw the title, I had to click on it just to see what it was talking about. Hyphens are our friends.

I rarely get bothered by these post-season awards/honors when our guys don't get named, but in this one case, I have to say I agree with everyone who has said it's outrageous Shaw didn't even make honorable mention. Most, if not all, of the SEC head coaches all praise Shaw and talk about ho he's an outstanding player/leader. I realize his pure numbers might not warrant being named to the team, but how do these people not at least give him honorable mention? That's a slap to the face a great player.